Author Topic: Affirmative Action  (Read 5907 times)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Affirmative Action
« on: January 15, 2003, 07:38:25 PM »
Apparently, affirmative action has so many emotionally charged connotations, that politicians don't like to use the term.

However, I'm not so encumbered. In fact, I hate affirmative action. I'm not afraid to call it racial discrimination.  

I am a victim of affirmative action. I took the written civil service test in 1972 in the city of Detroit, Michigan for the position of Deputy Sheriff. I scored number 05, out of over 2,000 applicants. I completed the physical agility tests and oral boards flawlessly. I needed that job so bad. I barely kept body and soul together waiting and waiting while being laid off from a job. It was so hard waiting, and I got divorced from my first wife during this time.

I was not hired for two years. There were some 40 or 50 black females hired ahead of me, as deputies. As it turned out, several of them had already been fired for such things as Cowardice, Repeated failure to meet standards at the gun range, and I don't know what all else. When I qualified at the gun range, one of those black females was still there still trying to qualify (with her attorney present if you can believe that) and suing the department for her job on a racial basis.

I'm  not a racist man. One of my best childhood friends, who is still a Deputy back there in Detroit to this very day, is married to a black women who was a vice cop when they got married. They have 5 children last time we spoke. She is a very good cook and a beautiful person.

I just want to get on record. Affirmative action is a vile thing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2003, 07:41:20 PM by Gunthr »
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 08:05:28 PM »
Affirmative action is racism.
sand

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Affirmative Action
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 08:21:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Affirmative action is racism.

Your obviously a racist!  What exactly is "Sandman" supposed to mean anyway?  Youre prejudice against Middle Easterners?

...wait... toejam Im sorry, had a liberal flashback.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 08:32:11 PM »
Not to spoil your joke or anything... but this should shed some light on the subject of my handle... My first name is Sandy and I am male.
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 08:44:30 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Not to spoil your joke or anything... but this should shed some light on the subject of my handle... My first name is Sandy and I am male.

I'm soooo sorry!

That's nearly as bad as Leslie!

;)

BTW, AA has helped a lot more than it hurt.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 08:47:37 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I'm soooo sorry!

That's nearly as bad as Leslie!

;)

BTW, AA has helped a lot more than it hurt.

Hehe... could be worse... could be Stacy. :)
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 08:48:14 PM »
Enough of that... we have hijacked this thread... :)
sand

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 09:11:08 PM »
I could have saved you guys a lot of effort and hijacked this with cop questions right from the start.  :D

The whiney super-libs here at MSU are always quick to point out that the largest beneficiary of affirmative action has been white women.  FYI.  That doesn't help gunthr much though.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2003, 12:22:17 AM »

Some quotage for the lazy ;)

"Quota systems that use race to include or exclude people from higher education and the opportunities it offers are divisive, unfair and impossible to square with the Constitution," Bush said.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030116/D7OJ0SV00.html

I like how at the bottom they try to say that it has ANYTHING at all to do with Trent Lott's remarks or increasing aid to Africa.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2003, 02:49:57 AM »
Quit being such victims.  In principle affirmative action isnt need, but in reality theres lots of racism in the work-world.  Nobody wants to advocate hiring unqualified individuals.  But if every single company hired only the top scoring individuals, then every single position would be filled by white guys.   If someone scores within the 'acceptable' range, then I believe it is ok to discriminate by race.  Police forces especially need to be representitive of the population.  

The U.S. does not benefit by having large impoverished sections of society (blacks and mexicans).  Would I be angry if a black man got a job that I applied for?  No, I would just find another job.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2003, 03:09:56 AM »
AA always ignores Asians, both male and female, who categorically have the best school grades and test results and are the wealthiest people in america overall.  Thats statistical fact.

So its not so much about race or racism, or not being a white male,  but about percieved stupidity and inadequacy among cultural groups by liberals of all colors who demand the orthodox AA. Thats why I think it actually reinforces negative sterotypes and negative self image towards people it aims to help.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2003, 03:13:08 AM »
1972?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2003, 06:54:54 AM »
AA -  making equal more equalier :rolleyes:

prez has big brass ones to state his case considering the timing
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Affirmative Action
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2003, 07:49:42 AM »
1972?

25 - 30 years ago, original date of application is probably more like mid 70's. Yep, I'm an old fart.

But if every single company hired only the top scoring individuals, then every single position would be filled by white guys.
- Davidpt40

Doesn't this sound like a racist statement to you, David?
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Affirmative Action
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2003, 08:05:28 AM »
whenever I need help from someone in a possition of power (doctor, lawyer, supervisor etc.) I allways pick a white male because I know he didn't get there from affirmative action.   Jewish males work out well.   Try to avoid black women.
lazs