Author Topic: gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2003, 12:10:27 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
you lost your innocence quite a while back.

:D
ROFL, yeah that's true!  ;)
it's all attributable to the influx of AW degenerates, anyway.
Oh yes, of course it is!  Silly me.   :p  Hey wait.... I'm from AW too!   :eek:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2003, 12:15:30 PM »
There are three situations where I will kill a chute, let it be know I will not go out of my way to do it in most cases.

1.  Guys in chutes still have a radio and text buffer, can act as site reps near a friendly field.  Will shoot them.
2.  If I see a guy vuch our field and bails.  Will shoot them.
3.  If a guy tears up a squady or OGIE.  Will shoot them.

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2003, 12:22:02 PM »
if they wouldn't put all that explosive in the chute, i don't think they would be as fun shooting them...they sure are purdy....

not that i would know anything about disrespecting someone in thier silk-strewn life saver. heaven forbid someone do that.

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
Guess I've been napping......
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2003, 12:33:08 PM »
Ya mean we have chutes?  :confused:

Heck, I always ride my stricken bird all the way to the ground, screaming my head off.  Makes the little lady of the house mighty unhappy when I do it at 3AM, too.
Few times I've bailed I've just watched the ground rushing up at me an........SPLAT!  Nights that the server is screwed you can bounce back up ten or twenty feet before you land in the tower........;)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2003, 12:37:04 PM »
Originally posted by nappy
grrrrrrrr, makes me want to shoot back at pilots hanging in
chutes :mad: , but im a man..err pilot of integrity ;) so i wont..
but it irritates the hell outa me :mad:

nappy

Chute shooting is The Sport of Kings!!!   PULL!!!

todays new pilots..no chivalry, no spine and no respect for their opposition

nappy

New?? I may suck...but, since I started doin this in '90...I am FAR from new :D.

Clue enclosed : It's a game...get over yourself :D.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2003, 12:52:17 PM »
Now that HTC is giving cash prizes to the players with the highest scores, I think that chute shooting should be somehow changed because this directly affects the other player's score in many cases.  Do you want to lose out on $50 because some banana killed you while you bailed out?

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2003, 12:54:43 PM »
Shane sucks....

Shane the la7 machine dweeb....

Shane sucks:p

don't wonna die in your chute....

DON'T BAIL:rolleyes:

if ya gimme 14.95 a month I promise not to shot your bailin arse....die with honor....goin 400mph ya smack the ground...thats honor:D

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2003, 01:10:48 PM »
The guy in the chute provides info for the other pilots still flying, so of course the chute dies. What, let him live to help you get shot down? Call me spineless, but i'll be the one landing my plane.

P.S. The only time I bail is by accident using the chat when I hit enter 3 times trying to get rid of the chat box(I hit it repeatedly too many times) Why waste time bailing?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2003, 01:15:31 PM »
WAR CRIME WAR CRIME!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2003, 01:16:15 PM »
This is funny Nappy. I remeber two nights ago. Wineman and I were flying together. There were just to many Knights in our area. The lone con flew into the sector and got ganged like you wouldn't believe. All that was left was the chute. Wineman proceded to mop up the leftovers. Wineman tells me "watch channel 1 I just popped a chute". Two seconds later you are on channel 1 screaming about chute shooting. Oh it was a good laugh. It's just a game. You gotta shoot what you gotta shoot these days in the crowded MA.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Mental Anguish and Emotional Distress
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2003, 01:16:34 PM »
As one who represents people injured by the negligence and/or malicious acts of others I would like to go on record as stating that chute shooting is a deplorable act.  I also believe that it is actionable under many state tort laws.

What you need to do is send me a picture of you crying at your PC while your chute is being shot up so I can have some evidence of your emotional distress and mental anguish.  If it caused you incontinence, send in your soiled skivies, works great on juries.

Also send in your non-refundable retainer of $1,500.00.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2003, 01:17:19 PM »
Rofl

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2003, 01:20:36 PM »
gah.. i cant believe what im seeing here, virtually none
of u guys have any ethical problems shooting a guy
hanging in a chute :o .. phah.. todays new pilots..no chivalry, no spine and no respect for their opposition  :eek:

will i wont i simply wont shoot anyone in a chute.. so there.
hope you get as annoyed on me as im at you.phah :D

nappy-hanging-on-to-chivalry-for-dear-life

ps: (although im new in this game in an old dog in virtual flying  ;) )

Hmmm. The shooter actually loses in a chute shoot. Gives up ammo, alt, and SA to go after a chute, which puts the chutist in the tower ready to fly sooner. You should really give them your heartfelt thanks!

Offline WineMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2003, 01:22:26 PM »
Nappy - I was the third guy in 3 days to pop your chute.  It didn't quite unfold how Sunking just mentioned it, but I'll tell you why I did it -

You pulled your chute so high up in the air that you appear as a red con on my radar.  I hate the distraction because as I'm flying I am always checking my radar, making sure there isn't a con I don't see in my six view, and these damn annoying chutes that float down from 20k (you weren't that high, but were in a bomber I believe) show up as cons on my radar and cause me added stress.  So, occasionally when there are many cons in the area, and if I have lots of extra ammo, I'll pop a chute here or there.

Now, regrettably this caused you some pain - I'm not sure how it might affect your stats (I assume you're upset because you don't like how it might affect your stats - because otherwise "it is just a game").

I suppose I would suggest that HTC code the game so that chutes don't show up on radar, then I wouldn't have that distraction anymore.

WineMan

Offline WineMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2003, 01:29:20 PM »
PS - Okay, so I need to amend my post.  I don't really regret that it caused you some pain - I find it really funny when people take it so seriously that they get upset about it.  I did shoot your chute because it was on my radar and a distraction, but I did get a good laugh about it when you started crying on channel one.

Personally, when I accidentally pull my cord at about 10k I WISH someone would shoot me down so I don't have to float for ten minutes before I can start flying again!