Author Topic: You want the ultimate rush? (not for treehuggers)  (Read 1773 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
You want the ultimate rush? (not for treehuggers)
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2003, 01:31:54 PM »
Puke if you are whining about varmint hunting you are a treehugger in my book.  :)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2003, 04:15:06 AM »
But how do you sky dive outta one of those lazs? :)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2003, 05:25:57 AM »
Yeah, give that Coyote a gun, teach him how to use it .. THEN, I'll be impressed.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2003, 08:16:19 AM »
well... it's not advised but you can skydive out of one... just pull the D ring.  

Skydiving is ok I guess but it depends on too many people.    you can't do it solo.... not too many times anyway and the authorities here frown on leaving your plane unattended while in flight.
lazs

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2003, 06:00:58 PM »
be quiet y0u dirty treehugger(definition:anyone with an iq over 100)!

posted by frogm4n
==============================================

The title did exactly what I wanted it to do, start a discussion about something other than war, bush, iraq, ect, ect.    There are 2 pages here of people talking about what they do for fun.  That was my point and I was going to let it go at that until it got personal.  

I know there are bigger rushes than shooting a coyote, I have hunted bear (spot and stock, no tree stand, and wild boar)  I have shot a lot of coyotes when I jumped them while deer hunting.  There isn't much of a rush shooting one that is running away, but it is necessary.  This was the first time I hid in a bush and used a call to make one hunt me, that is what I ment about a rush.  Ya it was only about 4 feet long and a little over 60lbs but when you are sitting in a bush and it comes after you with the intent of eating you it gets the blood flowing.  

It only took 1 shot (who ever said it took 2?)  And whom ever said deer populations are running rampet?  I live in the sierra nevada's in california, deer pop. here are at an all time low, about 10% of what they were 11 years ago. (last big count).  There was a huge winter kill in 92-93 when we got 10+feet of snow, that coinsiedes with the huge increase in predator populations, mainly due to a drop in the amount of money you could get for a coyote pelt, this led to a huge percentage of the yearly fawns being born being eaten by coyotes and lions.  Since the great people of this state decided that lions were "rare" that they shoud be protected we cant do anything about them, but if we can get the exploding coyote pop under controll the mule deer might make a comeback.

As far as the ultimite rush, I'll take my job anyday.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2003, 06:32:34 PM »
hmmmmm,

low deer poopulation

high percentage of fawns taken - lower deer population

high predator population (likely due to previous "good" year)

and you think that hunting is the only way to control the predator population? I will bet you now that in 2 seasons the predators will be down and the deer will be up.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2003, 11:07:56 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
well... it's not advised but you can skydive out of one... just pull the D ring.  

Skydiving is ok I guess but it depends on too many people.    you can't do it solo.... not too many times anyway and the authorities here frown on leaving your plane unattended while in flight.
lazs

A ram air parachute is the closest I've ever been to flying anything. And to tell you the truth, due to the anxiety involved untill the parachute deploys correctly I've never found falling out of an airplane enjoyable, I definetely wouldn't pay to do it.  Once that canopy is inflated overhead though it is sublime . It looks like an ultralight circumvents that whole uncomfortable eternity before the chute is deployed. I think I would like to give it a wirl someday .