Author Topic: Slaughter at the Bridge of Death  (Read 4026 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Slaughter at the Bridge of Death
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2003, 05:07:02 PM »
"""Thank God iraqis use 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R bullets """'

"thank god"??, no , thank the geneva convention*, all military must use FMJ, full metal jacket bullets that do not fragment.

by saying"thank god iraqis use" are you implying that the US/UK do not use FMJ bullets??

note*  of course we all know saddam cares not about silly rules of war.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2003, 05:11:26 PM »
5.56 will fragment a lot, thats why the washington dc sniper hurt people so bad.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2003, 05:39:18 PM »
john9001: "thank god"??, no , thank the geneva convention*, all military must use FMJ, full metal jacket bullets that do not fragment.

by saying"thank god iraqis use" are you implying that the US/UK do not use FMJ bullets??

I beliebe it is a legend about Geneva Convention outlawing expanding/fragmenting buillets.

I believe you are referring to "Laws of War" adopted  at Haague IV on October 18, 1907 that says:
Art. 23.
In addition to the prohibitions provided by special Conventions, it is especially forbidden -

To employ arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering;

and before that

Laws of War :
Declaration on the Use of Bullets Which Expand or Flatten Easily in the Human Body; signed at Hague on July 29, 1899 and inspired by Declaration of St. Petersburg of the 29th November (11th December), 1868:
The Contracting Parties agree to abstain from the use of bullets which expand or flatten easily in the human body, such as bullets with a hard envelope which does not entirely cover the core, or is pierced with incisions.

I do not believe US was a signatory to either of those conventions.
 I did not find information on the use of bullest in the current one but maybe my search was good.

US and NATO after US pressure did switch to 5.65x45 FMJ (.223 Remington) bullets which are Full Metal Jacket - most common M193 55grain and M855 62 grain plus specialty rounds. Being of .22 caliber those bullets would be extremely inefficient except due to the properties of the bullet construction and shape they quickly  tumble in the soft tissues and fragment into pieces at velocities below 2700fps or about 250 yards from the standard barrel.
 Without fragmentation, such a tiny hole generally does not cause enough shock or bleeding to incapacitate a victim quickly - and is easily treated.

You can read the most comprehencive description of those bullets/ammo at http://www.ammo-oracle.com. There are other resources on the net that show the results of those bullets shot into ballistic gelatine. Plenty of US people are armed with AR-15 and Mini-14 type rifels and AK variants chambered for 5.56 ammo - including myself. So that infirmation is widely covered in many sources.

In Mogadishu some troopers were armed with short-barreled CAR rifles that make effective fragmentation rage about 15 yards. They report hostiles remained active even afted being hit multiple times.
 The same is reported by US troops in Afghanistan where engagements often happen at extended ranges.

Of course in the close-range jungle combat of Vietnam those bullets proved absolutely devastating.

The same principle is used in soviet 5.45x39 (AK-74) ammo - the bullet has a cavity under the jacket not filled with led in order to shift the center of gravity back and make it tumble easier. They had to do that becasue the bullet is less powerfull limited by 39mm case (like AK-47) compared to NATO 45mm case.

That allows USA to claim it is using "ball" ammo while producing bullets that are extremely hard to treat. If you remember the story of a child that survived the Beltway Sniper shot at 100-150 yards, inside of his chest cavity were "shredded" with one bullet.

Our 3rd world opponents are armed with older weapons that use 7.62 bullets that are stronger and trave slower and do not fragment - and are not built to do so, which would be easy to do by making them hollow-point or whatever.
 There is plenty of cheap hollow-point 7.62x39 ammunition available for AK - currently made by russian and US manufacturers. If Hussein cared, he would have gotten some without problems.

of course we all know saddam cares not about silly rules of war

Is that a suggestion we should not either?

miko
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 05:42:48 PM by miko2d »

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2003, 05:49:30 PM »
Originally posted by Rockstar
In what way Animal?  Look at their lifstyle, form of government, freedoms they enjoy, though not perfect compared to surrounding nations I'd say they are very civil, friendly and restrained.   However I do see a nation (Israel) in fear for it's life, threatened from almost every side.

Yeah quite civil... but only among themselves.

I fail to see how one of their "neiborghs" can possibly percieve them as civil when his home is being bulldozed.

Not that the terrorists are any more friendly of course, but I'm talking about the average palestinian citizen who'se home got repo'ed at gunpoint.

The Israeli .gov is no different to the common terrorist organization, except that their funding comes from the USA and not from Saddam or Bin Laden.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2003, 05:56:52 PM »
Why does Isreal need money generated by american taxpayers?

We really need to break Isreal off the american taxpayers tit.
Its all a bit much for me.  I dont have anything but good will towards Isreal but Im tired of being so closely associated with them, as an american.  They should be able to fend for themselves by now.

Ive been musing with generating some letters to my reps on this.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2003, 06:02:43 PM »
heh finally something i agree with you on yeager

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2003, 06:04:09 PM »
ditto

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2003, 06:14:05 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
I fail to see how one of their "neiborghs" can possibly percieve them as civil when his home is being bulldozed.

Which came first, the bulldozer or the pali meat bomb?
-SW

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2003, 06:20:34 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Which came first, the bulldozer or the pali meat bomb?
-SW

Does it matter anymore?

And how can you blame all Palestinians for the decisions of independent terrorists?

Its just an excuse.

knock on door
"Excuse me sir, you need to evacuate this building"

"Why? this is my house!"

"Because a Palestinian carbombed a bus station in Israel."

"Thats not my fault, I didnt even know that guy!"

Israeli points Uzi at Palestinian

Three months later, homeless, the Palestinian's pregnant wife is raped and killed by street criminals, the Palestinian straps dynamite and boards a bus full of Israeli settlers

Another Palestinian home is reposessed, another terrorist is created, and the vicious cycle continues.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2003, 06:27:02 PM »
It was "which came first, the chicken or the egg" kind of question.
-SW

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2003, 06:34:54 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
It was "which came first, the chicken or the egg" kind of question.
-SW

Oh. The bulldozer came first.

The Israeli flag should be a Caterpilar bulldozer

Offline Rockstar

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2003, 07:00:22 PM »
aww forget it, this is off topic anyways :)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2003, 04:43:44 PM »
Blitz, I'm waiting for your answer.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2003, 06:45:39 PM »
Blitz is a moron...and i would kik his Virtual prettythang

Blitz says
"My Germany never...ever threatend anyone..  ever!"

BiGB says
How much per hour for a bulldozer?

lolol,,yes Blitz..we will build a EuroDisneyland just for you soemday..so dont hate America so much or you wont be allowed on Space Mountain...

WHat does Blitz play by in AH(handle)..or does heven play?

I need to know who to give the "Can I join screen" to??

lmfao...

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2003, 01:00:43 AM »
I'm still waiting for your solution Blitz.  Or are you just some dull witted whacko that really doesn't have an original idea/opinion and you're just regurgitating others propaganda to appear intellectual?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve