Author Topic: Licenses without photos  (Read 3107 times)

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2003, 07:13:54 AM »
Holden here is whole post i did....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
I thought that fundamentalist Islam forbids women to drive... That's the way it is in Saudi Arabia anyway,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah and christian fundamentalist converted indians into "good" people  

you can be pretty sure that fundamentalist forbid many things to his wife..... IMAO but majority of muslim arent fundamentalist

so read it again again and tell me how do you explain that for yourself please

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2003, 11:46:56 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Are you suggesting that she go back to where she was born?

Looks like you got caught ASSuming.

I am saying that If she does not want to obey the laws of this land.
then she should move to another land that will allow her to wear her vail.
The Law is the Law for everybody!!!
Her religion should not give her special treatment to not have to obey the Laws:mad:

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2003, 11:51:39 AM »
come-on Rc, You assumed that she was an immigrant and reacted accordingly. "You COME to America" were your exact words.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2003, 11:59:15 AM »
Look to be honest with you my opinion is there is no room for Muslims in America period!
Did you watch the news last night where the muslim clerics are preaching death to all the Jews and Americans!!!!
Thats what they are learning in there churches!!!
I have no need for those kind of people in my beloved America.
So i wish for the the Rag headed bastards to go HOME !!!
Now you may disagree and that is you're right as an American.
And I respect you for that.
My views although a bit radical are only driven out of my LOVE for America and ALL of her people.
The muslim culture and the Judea christian culture will never see eye to eye.
So it's best that they stay over there !!

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2003, 12:01:42 PM »
Originally posted by rc51

My views although a bit radical are only driven out of my LOVE for America and ALL of her people.
The muslim culture and the Judea christian culture will never see eye to eye.
So it's best that they stay over there !!

And, since some of "her" people are Muslim, the above is basically meaningless. Go whack a baby seal or something.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2003, 12:04:46 PM »
I would really rather wack a freekin muslim

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2003, 12:10:15 PM »
Okay threedays...

Point 1.  So when you clicked on the quote button, only the stuff that I wrote came thru...correct?  You had to take about nine more steps to re-quote yourself.

The first part of your post isn't what you wrote; it is what I wrote...  see, it says, "Originally posted by Holden McGroin"

So I did quote your post in it's entirety.

Point 2.  The State of Florida is not my government.

Point 3.  Many moderate Islamic women show their faces, and veil their hair.  The more extreme (and therefore by definition fundamentalist) view on the veil is a complete covering of the face.  The fact that she holds to the law of Islam as it pertains to dress code over that of the law of the land connotes fundamentalism.

If a Christian decided that the law of faith was supreme over the state and required evangelism in public school, I am sure they would be considered 'Fundamentalist'
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2003, 12:12:29 PM »
Rc - Your sentiments may be genuine, but they are incredibly hollow. How can you profess love for a Country that was founded upon the ideals of freedom of religion while professing a desire to eliminate those same freedoms for those you find distasteful.

silly.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2003, 12:27:53 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Rc - Your sentiments may be genuine, but they are incredibly hollow. How can you profess love for a Country that was founded upon the ideals of freedom of religion while professing a desire to eliminate those same freedoms for those you find distasteful.

silly.

Tahg, ole' bean, the U.S. constitution allows limitations of certain  types of religious activities, i.e. no live animal sacrifice, no multiple marriages, etc. etc.  This woman made a free choice to convert to Islam.  I don't hate mulsims.  They don't have to leave as some suggest.  But, they should not be treated any differently under the law than any other American, REGARDLESS OF THEIR RELIGION.  They should not get special treatment because of their religion either.  This particular ACLU tactic mischaracterizes the law requiring photos as a law affecting freedom of religion.  It is not.  It is a law that requires photos on driver's licenses which are, de facto, i.d. cards in this country.  The impact perhaps has an affect on this person religious beliefs but, whoever said every relgiion can be practiced in all of its particular tenets.  Not the founding fathers.  Here, the situation requires a photo.  If she does not want to give a photo which allows the person veiwing the photo to identify her, then she doesn't get the license.  At least that woudl be my vote if I were the judge and since that is how I would rule, it is clear that I will never become a judge.

Cya up!

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2003, 12:54:32 PM »
lol Holden you right, you are to good to make some mistake, so you just pressed quote and you just watch Tv....

can you explain me, how do you imagine modern muslim girl, traditional muslim girl ?
then i would like to know what do you thing about ortodox... that could be proper fun

you wrote
*"If a Christian decided that the law of faith was supreme over the state and required evangelism in public school, I am sure they would be considered 'Fundamentalist'"*

basicaly there is something about God on american money..
Isnt it america, where you must oath on the bible when you speak infront of judge ?? May be only in some of US states.. i realy dont know about US law... so tell me

dunno but if you belive in what you said, america is fundamentalist country from your point of view isnt it ?

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2003, 03:34:52 PM »
She's in court. But I'm sorry she should be allowed to wear her vail for her photo. Perhaps another mean of identifacation.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Licenses without photos
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2003, 03:38:44 PM »
She shouldn't be driving anyway.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Licenses without photos
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2003, 03:49:22 PM »
Just thinking what a wonderfull place this would be if any thread based solely on "what about them!" was deleted.

MiniD

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2003, 03:52:49 PM »
I have zero respect for a religion that preaches for the deaths of Jews And my fellow country men!
As far as I'm concerned they(they terrorist) hide behind this so called religion .
You have to admit that the majority of terrorist acts have been carried out by MUSLIMS!!!!!!
All they do is preach hate.
Hell take the term JIHAD there word not mine-- Holy war  LOL.
They think that war Is HOLY and they will be rewarded for it.
F--k em all.

Offline threedays

• Copper Member
Licenses without photos
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2003, 04:13:28 PM »
lol RC you know pretty nothing but BS, whitch you did hear in your TV ... take your freaking passport, go there and ask about these things .....

lol what a lovely example of media eater