Author Topic: Get ready... tonights the night...  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Get ready... tonights the night...
« on: June 06, 2003, 10:29:34 AM »
Thats right folks.  Lock your windows, bolt your doors, and leave the women outside.

Friday, June 6, 2003.  The opening night of the 'sure to win an award,' "2 Fast, 2 Furious."

You can all expect every pimple faced 17 year old to be out on the town, pimpin the honeys, yo, before the big event.  Once the food court at the mall closes, they'll be out in force...

Psyched...

Mad...

Looking for a fight...

And getting to 'second base' afterwards...

With seats reclined to the horizontal position... left hand at 12 o clock on the wheel... right hand on the automatic... and a beanie to keep their head warm in this fridged season they will emerge and arrive at your local theatre.

All will be quite for roughly 2 hours...

And then all hell will break loose... Youll be convinced that judgement day has come, and swarms of angry locusts are inbound, strangely screaming to the beat of the lastest Jay-Z tune, and out for your flesh.

But alas, it is they... the ricers.  They have seen the film.  They are on the streets... they are looking for you.  Every minivan, every semi truck, every station wagon... they intend to prove their superiority... and look good doing it.

They will shout battle cries in foreign tongues: "VTEC power, yo!" and "Yu dead biatch, aight!?!"

And they will race.  Stoplight to stop light... 0 to 35 miles per hour in just over 7 seconds... and thats fast... and furious.  They will blind you with their neon lights... shake the ground with their subs, and throw things out of their windows at you.  Anything to get the "edge" and win... the "race"  ...yo.

Funked, let us know what you thoght of the flick?  :D

Seriously, if youre headed out tonight, buckle your seat belt, Im sure the cops will be out in force, but there are sure to be a number of 90 MPH econoboxes speeding through intersections... be careful.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
If I didn't know better...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 10:37:36 AM »
I'd think this was the paranoid ramblings of a scared man!

:D :D :D

Yea, I plan to stay off the streets tonight, so I can fly the Squad Ops!

Cya Up!

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 10:40:33 AM »
They will shout battle cries in foreign tongues: "VTEC power, yo!" and "Yu dead biatch, aight!?!"

LOL!!!

There's a shop a few miles down the road from my place that specializes in souping up '88 Honda Civics or Mazda 323s. huge, albeit useless fins on the trunks and tailpipes the size of a mailbox and they have been zooming up and down the road more this last week.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 10:49:02 AM »
This one should give "attack of the killer tomatoes" a run for it's money.

Great, a bunch of lawn mowers racing the streets, should be interesting.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2003, 10:49:40 AM »
Up until the first movie came out, I used to be embarassed about the loud grunt my car makes due to a small hole in the exhaust just in front of the muffler

Now, compared to souped up Neons and Honda Accords...well damn, my car sounds *cool*

There's something just *wrong* seeing a little Dodge Neon with a spoiler the size of a 747 tail....

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2003, 11:02:15 AM »
Surely it won't be as radical as the Hollywood debut of "The Italian Job" to an all mini audience.

I have to admit that I enjoyed "The Fast and the Furious" for numerous reasons.  It was flashy, hammy, had cool cars and poor technical reference.  It was cheesy art.  I like it in the same manner that I like "Bad Boys" and "The Big Hit".

I'll catch the new one some time next week.

As for the riceboys... its too late for that.  Its too bad that http://www.riceboy.com is off line now.  That was a great one.  I've heard http://www.ricecop.com is close, but the pics seem to be off-line over there.

Oh well... I'm sure the movie will be enjoyable.  And I'm sure more people are going to be missing the shift into fourth as a result of watching it.

MiniD

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2003, 11:13:45 AM »
Very entertaining initial post, Saurdacker. Had me in stitches! :D

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2003, 11:37:17 AM »
Yo, them's the MADDEST rhymes I hear in months, you know what I'm sayin'?

Why does everyone of the urban sub-culture end almost every sentence with a question, you know what I'm sayin'?

Word.  Peace, out!!  Miuzi weighs a ton...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2003, 11:46:09 AM »
Oh, one other thing.  How could anyone be caught in a ricer after seeing that Dodge Charger launch in the first movie?  If I was sitting in my NO2 powered ricer, looked over to my right and saw a black '69 Charger, slicks filling the rear wheel wells, and a 6-71 sticking out of the hood, and then it proceeds to pull up on its rear haunches and smoke the tires while pulling a wheel stand I'd just get out of my ricer, hand the keys to the nearest homeless person and realise what a pussified car I had.  

Front wheel burnouts?  (Insert racially insensitive noun here) please......
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2003, 11:46:22 AM »
Oh well... I'm sure the movie will be enjoyable. And I'm sure more people are going to be missing the shift into fourth as a result of watching it.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2003, 11:49:34 AM »
I think the first movie was really stupid and I'm sure this movie will be even more stupid.  But I have to wonder how much of this disdain for sports imports is based on plain old racism?  E.g. "A yellow person could never build or drive a truly high performance car?"  Even though road test numbers and racing results show that they can.  Is that what underlies all this hate?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2003, 11:57:56 AM by funkedup »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2003, 11:51:42 AM »
what year was it that turning your car into a cheech & chong special became so popular?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2003, 11:59:09 AM »
I dont think racism has anything to do with it.  IMO, "rice" is more of an attitude, not dependant on the car itself.

Huge wings, body kits, 50 pound 19 inch wheels, and 6 inch diameter tail pipes all point to the driver, not the car.  When they pull up next to me at a light and insult my "ride, yo" to get me to "race" I find it bothersome.

Take it to the track, public roads are no place to be showing the rest of the world how much of a badass you are in your Civic.

Besides.. how can you NOT make fun of a baby blue Integra with pink glitter stripes, big "Type R" stickers and "duel" exhaust.  One of those tail pipes aint doing anything, bud.  :D

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2003, 12:02:21 PM »
Teh duel exhaust is 2 reduce back preshar, tard!

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2003, 12:16:43 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
I think the first movie was really stupid and I'm sure this movie will be even more stupid.  But I have to wonder how much of this disdain for sports imports is based on plain old racism?  E.g. "A yellow person could never build or drive a truly high performance car?"  Even though road test numbers and racing results show that they can.  Is that what underlies all this hate?

Neg, it has nothing to do with racism as far as I am concerned.  It has more to do with getting extra horsepower from actually doing some work on an engine and chassis rather than just using daddy's credit card to install an NO2 system and them add 300 pounds of eye and ear candy only to negate most of the horsepower gained by installation of NO2 in the first place.  A properly tuned and engineered chevy small block with a tuned exhaust is absolute music to my ears.  Those four bangers, no matter what is done to them, sound more annoying than hearing my mother in law.  Just a matter of preference is all.