Author Topic: Forgotten Battles v1.1b patch released  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Forgotten Battles v1.1b patch released
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2003, 03:36:20 AM »
Sigh, one can only dream of AH2 having such graphics,detail and sound.

...-Gixer

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2003, 03:53:59 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Sigh, one can only dream of AH2 having such graphics,detail and sound.

...-Gixer

Then we would be slammed with the Il2 forum jabronies ..

Wish HTC would consider a high res version for us with highend gaming pcs. They've must have thought about it It would bring in so many players who consider a sim great due to graphics.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 03:56:59 AM by SunKing »

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2003, 05:31:54 AM »
High end graphics come at a huge price - AH gives very good immersion in the sim - clouds, aa, reasonable graphics and good gameplay go a long way.

FB is all peer to peer, most of the servers are invisible cockpit, low furballs with a kill, die, kill, die, kill, die from bases 3 minutes apart.

The VOW Virtual Online War is better but you wait like 30 mins between missions - tedious as hell.

FA has better graphics but the arena's are tiny - 3 fields apiece and the same map for the last year - gameplay is poor and even with high end graphics it lacks immersion.

FA's lag is terrible and you need a high end machine even to come close to it being playable.

If anyone finds a better mmog flight sim than AH let let me know but for now AH is top dog.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2003, 12:56:21 PM »
BlueDog, I'm unsure of the percentages... and I really only know what works through experience and not what works best.

Full rich I use in low alt combat, it's rumored to keep your engine a little cooler. Beats me if it does, I just use it anyway. At high alts, I pull all the way back to lean.

I'm certain that running a lower supercharger stage at high alts won't damage the engine, I've only run high supercharger stages at low alts for an extremely brief period of time after chasing someone to low alts. Damage to the engine hasn't happened, but the engine certainly runs at lower power while the higher supercharger stage is engaged.

For the servers, to get the best realism options I recommend using hyperlobby and scrap that UBI lobby toejam. I haven't had that virus on my system since I bought Il2 over a year ago.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz

Servers that are good on there are : 609IAP_Recon, Llv34_Camouflage, and greatergreen (you can circumvent using Hyperlobby by connecting to their IP address and get details of the server here: http://greatergreen.com/il2/ )
Those are the only ones I remember right now.
-SW