Author Topic: Please Change Ki-67 to Ju-88  (Read 2547 times)

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
Please Change Ki-67 to Ju-88
« on: August 23, 2003, 09:24:58 AM »
The current plane set in the CT is great except for the very out-of-place, way-too-fast Ki-67.  The "Peggy" was a 1944-era plane, not 1942.  The people who made the Slot map were very smart to include the Ju-88 with Japanese markings, since the Ju-88 is much more representative of the early Japanese bombers the F4F's and P-40's would have faced.

Please don't add the Ju-88, substitute it for the Ki-67.

Anyone agree?

MRPLUTO VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~ MAG-33

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 09:36:15 AM »
Yup,  get rid of KI-67 and replace it with JU-88.
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 12:14:57 PM »
The JU 88 is in NO way anything like any Japanese bomber fielded during the war and is a totaly lame replacement for anything Japanese, and will not be replacing anything in any set up I have anything to do with in the CT that involves the Pacific.

The Only real differance the Peggy has Between the Betty is that the Betty had more 20mm cannon on it typicaly 2 to 4 of them depending on model and the Betty was around 30 mph slower (depending on model) than the Peggy is, they caried the same bombload.

We presently have a 44 TBM and 43 SBD in our set up and nobody is whing about them are they, they dont seam to be complaing much about the fact that Boston is as untouchable as the Peggy is relatitive to the A6M2 it faces.

As I have explained about a million times the Bombers dont realy have much impact in the set up anyway they are added to give both sides a platform to do Bomibing sorties with another toy.

The reasion their "both" not droped is that if they were the Allies would have to much of an advantage with their much better TBM and SBD in the ordance delevery catagory, so this is a balance issue.

You can also catch a Peggy with a Boston.

I was one of the people who helped make the slot map ( I did Skin and plane set research) and I thought it was a Stupid idea to add the JU 88 skined as a Japanese plane.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2003, 12:42:19 PM by brady »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 12:56:19 PM »
Yup.  Its about time to bring on the idiotic and myopic Allied whines.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 02:02:32 PM »
so where are the p-40e's?

p40b's only saw service in burma/china and were replaced by later versions elsewhere by this time.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »
The set up is to feature the Wildcat and the Zero, I added the P40B since it was not going to upset the equation, the P40E would.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 05:00:36 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Yup.  Its about time to bring on the idiotic and myopic Allied whines.

Huh? I can barely hear you over the huge number of whiney allied complaints that are every bit as numerous, idiotic and myopic as the axis wailing wall everytime any variant of the F4U surfaces in a CT pac setup. :D

But yeah ... keep it ... wgas. ;)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2003, 08:46:17 PM »
hurry up next friday!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2003, 08:56:46 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Huh? I can barely hear you over the huge number of whiney allied complaints that are every bit as numerous, idiotic and myopic as the axis wailing wall everytime any variant of the F4U surfaces in a CT pac setup. :D

But yeah ... keep it ... wgas. ;)

Arlo, you're not that stupid.

Look, the Axis players asked for both the Ki-67 and Boston Mk III to be removed because we know both are balanced and look at the picture from both sides.

The idiotic and myopic Allied players can't see beyond their own damned noses and never look at the big picture.  They ask for just the Ki-67 to be removed while ignoring the fact that the Boston Mk III is just as bad for the other side and they do this every time.

And lay off of the ****ing "Remove the F4U" crap already.  It was done one bloody time when it was clubbing baby seals.  If you are so stupid that you think a effing 1943 F4U-1 should be matched against 1941 A6M2s and it is balanced and correct, well, then you're an idiot.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2003, 09:17:52 PM »
ROFL!

Not the point, Karnie. You looked like you were waiting at the keyboard, tapping your fingers together, running to the restroom for quick breaks on occasion, ordering out pizza to be delivered to your computer desk ... waiting for that first allied complaint. Just so you could whip out the "look at all them whiney allied players" card first. Maybe you were waiting for a third but it was taking too long.

Hehe ... look you won.

Yeah ... look at `em all. :D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2003, 09:20:07 PM by Arlo »

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2003, 02:14:23 AM »
I think its pretty much high time we try out that "Ignore" option in BBS user settings, Karnak.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2003, 09:48:29 AM »
Hehe ... you mean from "ignore the point" to "ignore entirely?"

Heaven forbid someone make a broad-based accusational commentary and someone else responds to it with a bs call. ;)

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2003, 04:21:34 PM »
Guys... Brady isn't going to change the planeset. You don't like it right now? Who gives a damn. No one is /forcing/ you to stay in the CT and fly. There's the MA, there's the DA and there's the TA. Fly somewhere else for a week. It isn't going to kill you, promise.

It really just makes you look like a love muffin when all you're doing is complain' about the planeset, or 'axis this' and 'allied that'.

ITS JUST A GAME. GET OVER IT.

*steps off her soapbox*

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2003, 04:58:21 PM »
One small edit, Kes.

"Guys... Brady isn't going to change the planeset ... again[/color]."

I think most of us are having a pretty good time. The Allies grabbed some land for awhile but it seems that most of us would like to go ahead and duke it out with the zeros and leave the battlelines stable now. The Emperor's flying samurai are indeed a brave lot. Many of which have no qualms about jumping into a group of six or eight Wildcats to get a kill or two ... sometimes more ... sometimes less. The Allied pilots are flying cautiously, fighting as if this really was a war of attrition (in reality, doing their best to not get killed and hopefully getting to clear each other's six and land a few ... even if attrition isn't involved, the motivation is pretty much the same).

As long as the bombers (and fleets/invasion groups) don't push their foes all the way into a corner, this place is a ball. ;)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2003, 10:15:01 PM »
Sorry about my ill mannered words.  I let my frusteration overcome me and I should not have done so.

This subject comes up every time we have an early war Pacific Theatre setup and we all know it will not be changed.  I agree that the Ki-67 should not be in this setup, but as none of us can control that, it is.

Arlo,

I bit your hook big time.    May your skies be Ki-67 free.

Kweassa,

I don't know if you actually did squelch me, but if you read this, recall some of the threads in which we bounced ideas back and forth.  Everybody gets burnt and frusterated now and then.  
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-