Author Topic: boring pizza  (Read 2502 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
boring pizza
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2003, 07:29:11 AM »
beetle... you have intentionally missunderstood and then claim victory when you defeat your own statement..  People are claiming that there are no decent fights on the pizza map most of the time.   Sometimes you can go all night without a decent fur.

As for flying in groups... yeah... sometimes 2 or 4 of us are on at a time... sometimes we even are in the same area at the same time.   that is where you, again, don't understand cause you have no experiance... in the weeds furballs at close fields don't involve wingmen.   I "wing" with slap or mars or swagger or wadke or any of a number of others as much as I "wing" with Apache or the other BK's... mostly when I need help they are out of range... RTB'ing or just getting to the fight.   I shoot more bad guys off other furballers than I do my own squaddies.   When you furball you are never alone.   Maybe you wouldn't be so lonely if you furballed a little?

blknt... the answer is as toad says... change some (most of) the vehicle fields into airfields.   in effect... move the fields closer together... unless you want to continue to be caught with allmost empty tanks a sector and a half away from any friendly base.

Bring back the ability to land at an enemy field.   Hey... it's deserted... why not?

Harvey.. yeah, James Stewart.

geeze rut... good thing that I am shallow and insensitive.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
boring pizza
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2003, 07:39:27 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Same answer that made Trinity better. Move the fields closer together, either by making some V fields into A fields, add some A fields and/or CV's or by physically moving the fields in a bit.

Yeah, I know, but thats been hashed over and over.  What ya need is a furballers support group. ;)   Just start your own furball by mutual consent in some out of the way (or even in the way) spot on the big maps by calling it out on 1.  Or is that not possible?  I know I dont have an answer, I like to do all aspects of the game (well not bombing so much) and I can get shot down pretty quick no what I am doing, usually.  I have had fun in furballs, but usually dont last very long.

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
boring pizza
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2003, 08:15:37 AM »
Since NB upgraded Trinity with more CV's, more Airfields and fewer V-fields have you seen any complaint threads about Trinity?

See anyone complaining that the fields are too close?

I haven't. What we've seen is essentially NO complaints and many compliments.

Go figure.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2003, 08:29:22 AM »
Lazs - nothing worthy of further comment that hasn't already been said 500 times.

Funny how the very guys whining about the pizza map and/or telling me that the "real action" is all about flying slow planes in the weeds get the majority of their kills in late war monsters.
  • Steve has hundreds of kills in his P51D which he flies far more than anything else.
  • Rude has more than 80 kills in a P51D - his second highest total for any plane.
  • Slapshot has 72 kills in an LA7 - his second highest total for any plane.
  • Fester has racked up almost 200 kills in the 262, and plenty more in the P51D.
But what's even funnier is the fingerbob redefinition of what constitutes a fight. No longer does a dogfight between two or more aircraft count as a fight. Seems the new definition is combat occurring below 6K in a slow plane, on certain fingerbob approved maps, at designated times - after midnight in Europe.

Boys, I accept that you don't like the pizza map. Why not just say that, and leave it there? No need to say that there are "no fights", or at least no fights within the parlance of the fingerbob definition of "fight", and no furballs, ie. no lazs-approved furballs - I have no dictionary definition.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
boring pizza
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2003, 08:32:43 AM »
I've posted a few on trinity.. not about field distance, the field distance matters not to me...eee. The only complaining beforehand was about the mountain size and field distance - but that was only by Toad, lazs, and the usual distance whiners

Originally posted by lazs2
geeze rut... good thing that I am shallow and insensitive.

Badoom-tish.

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
boring pizza
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2003, 08:37:12 AM »
ah, yes trinity.  good map.

I wonder (and I know its been asked for before) if they made it so each country had a slice on pizza at the start would help?  instead of a piece on eash slice.  Less fronts and all.  Less spread out.  Wouldn't change flying times, but might force more players into an area.  

Question: do you guys prefer a small furball (5-10 per side) or the big ones (20-30 per side)?  Myself I prefer the smaller ones, probably because of framerate issues (well ok and lack of skill) the big ones tend to see me die quickly with 1 or no kills.

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
boring pizza
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2003, 08:43:05 AM »
Big huge massive things they are.. I'm picky, ya know. I dislike small furballs, unless they're gifts from my cat.. I dislike all sizes of that typo.. but better small than large.. blech

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
boring pizza
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2003, 10:18:22 AM »
Originally posted by BlkKnit

I wonder (and I know its been asked for before) if they made it so each country had a slice on pizza at the start would help?  instead of a piece on eash slice.  Less fronts and all.  Less spread out.  Wouldn't change flying times, but might force more players into an area.  

Personally, I think it makes a difference. Only from the point where anyone tries to put together some kind of cohesive offense or defense. Basically, each country starts with 6 fronts and they are scattered all over the map. This is a big part of what makes the Desert a milkrunners paradise :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2003, 10:38:47 AM »
109E?  does that thing even have guns?  lol

I also note that some of you guys are disdainful of landing sorties, and simply auger rather than waste time RTB, thus boosting k/t

Ya, it's very true that augering has its upside as K/T is concerned.  However, in my case, we know that I do not partake of this act.  :)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2003, 10:41:47 AM »
Bee1e:

Boys, I accept that you don't like the pizza map. Why not just say that, and leave it there?

Ok, I don't like the pizza map.......................... ....(leaving it at that)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
boring pizza
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2003, 10:49:48 AM »
lolo man some of you are studmuffinss..wake up ..get a life

i like the map...sometimes its slow...when not alot of people on...

but if you find a quality player all you need is 1 nme...

waaaaaa

waaa fester you suk if you arent sttik stirrn..:)

only thing i dont like abput AK map...too many sneaky GV spawns...milk run base captures..

F all of you..or I should just say some of you...

and keeping in tradition.."i want to Virtually stab half of you"

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline polka

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.homestead.com/rubmybelly/accessory.html
boring pizza
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2003, 04:09:56 PM »
Sounds like it's time for a group hug.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
boring pizza
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2003, 07:44:14 PM »
"I, on the other hand, have a very different set of problems to deal with. I fly alone. I take off alone, go to a base where I think the "action" might be, with no intelligence report... I have no idea who else will be there when I get there, and no idea of the number, alt, and types of planes that will be there when I get there. So I just assume P51/LA7/Spit ix/YAK9U (also N1K but that's no real threat), and that works for me. In the fighting that follows, there will be almost NO voxx communication, NO 6-calls, NO real coordination, and absolutely no way I could survive in a FM2 or Spit V at 6K, or down in the weeds, especially with no voxx and no other communication. You have to remember that in the hours that I play, many of the guys online do not speak English. Some do speak English, but it's not always their first language. Also, the arena is not without its tardz."

I feel for ya ... I do a lot of lone wolfing too. I look for the BKs when I log on, and if they are on, then we hook up ... if they are not on, then its usually just me looking for a fight. Come over to the Knights and I would be glad to wing with you anytime (down in the weeds).

"But let's reverse things a moment, Slapshot. You take the role you have in mind for me. Get up in a Spit V during Euro hours, on your own, fly to where you think the action is, at 6K, and see how long you last. See how many 6-kill sorties you get. And film it. And then we'll have something to talk about."

Beet1e ... I do it all the time (not Euro hours). Pretty much most of the time, I fly lone wolf and 6 kill sorties are very hard to come by (for me) for the reasons that you mention (Knights are typically outnumbered). I do get them, but they are the exception for me ... not the norm. Thats why I was saying ... you get in an early war plane and show me how many 6 kill sorties you get ... meaning they will be far a few between. I don't film .. I never remember to turn it on.

"Slapshot has 72 kills in an LA7 - his second highest total for any plane."

You didn't mention that I have over 300 kills in the Spit V this tour. Last tour it was 437 and the tour before that was 673 in the Spit V .. the numbers are decreasing.

The La-7 is only used for goon hunting or when the enemy continues to bring 109s, 190s, and P51s to my field and refuse to engage with the Spit V ... I love chasing those suckers down in my LaLa.

"Funny how the very guys whining about the pizza map and/or telling me that the "real action" is all about flying slow planes in the weeds get the majority of their kills in late war monsters.

Why is it when somebody or some group vocalizes what is considered a problem ... a whine ? I don't get it.

Those numbers that you displayed for me (La-7) are NOT the majority of my kills ... as far as the other guys ... I don't know ... haven't looked at their stats ...  don't care to.

I don't believe that me or anyone else has ever described that the fights that we are looking for are the "real action". It is for us, but never intented to be pushed upon you

You want to fight the E fight .. fine ... but don't pee in our pool when we complain that the current situations don't fullfill our needs/wants. You can pee in our pool after you have done a few laps
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
boring pizza
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2003, 08:36:10 PM »
ok we can whine and whine about this but until someone makes a replacement for pizza we are stuck with it. maybe a few people could make 1. id more than happy to help.i cant create a map on my own without having tons of bugs. so anyone want to volenteer?

skull12
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline AHGOD

• Nickel Member
boring pizza
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2003, 02:44:17 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
"I, on the other hand, have a very different set of problems to deal with. I fly alone. I take off alone, go to a base where I think the "action" might be, with no intelligence report... I have no idea who else will be there when I get there, and no idea of the number, alt, and types of planes that will be there when I get there. So I just assume P51/LA7/Spit ix/YAK9U (also N1K but that's no real threat), and that works for me. In the fighting that follows, there will be almost NO voxx communication, NO 6-calls, NO real coordination, and absolutely no way I could survive in a FM2 or Spit V at 6K, or down in the weeds, especially with no voxx and no other communication. You have to remember that in the hours that I play, many of the guys online do not speak English. Some do speak English, but it's not always their first language. Also, the arena is not without its tardz."

I feel for ya ... I do a lot of lone wolfing too. I look for the BKs when I log on, and if they are on, then we hook up ... if they are not on, then its usually just me looking for a fight. Come over to the Knights and I would be glad to wing with you anytime (down in the weeds).

"But let's reverse things a moment, Slapshot. You take the role you have in mind for me. Get up in a Spit V during Euro hours, on your own, fly to where you think the action is, at 6K, and see how long you last. See how many 6-kill sorties you get. And film it. And then we'll have something to talk about."

Beet1e ... I do it all the time (not Euro hours). Pretty much most of the time, I fly lone wolf and 6 kill sorties are very hard to come by (for me) for the reasons that you mention (Knights are typically outnumbered). I do get them, but they are the exception for me ... not the norm. Thats why I was saying ... you get in an early war plane and show me how many 6 kill sorties you get ... meaning they will be far a few between. I don't film .. I never remember to turn it on.

"Slapshot has 72 kills in an LA7 - his second highest total for any plane."

You didn't mention that I have over 300 kills in the Spit V this tour. Last tour it was 437 and the tour before that was 673 in the Spit V .. the numbers are decreasing.

The La-7 is only used for goon hunting or when the enemy continues to bring 109s, 190s, and P51s to my field and refuse to engage with the Spit V ... I love chasing those suckers down in my LaLa.

"Funny how the very guys whining about the pizza map and/or telling me that the "real action" is all about flying slow planes in the weeds get the majority of their kills in late war monsters.

Why is it when somebody or some group vocalizes what is considered a problem ... a whine ? I don't get it.

Those numbers that you displayed for me (La-7) are NOT the majority of my kills ... as far as the other guys ... I don't know ... haven't looked at their stats ...  don't care to.

I don't believe that me or anyone else has ever described that the fights that we are looking for are the "real action". It is for us, but never intented to be pushed upon you

You want to fight the E fight .. fine ... but don't pee in our pool when we complain that the current situations don't fullfill our needs/wants. You can pee in our pool after you have done a few laps

Slap hose are grat numbers for an early warbird in teh MA.  :cool:   Fricking Spit Dweeb, I actually took your advice Slap last tour I took a Spit 5 up (second flight) landed 12 kills 1 sortie and put it back in the hanger.  that plane is just insane, ultime furballer and incredible staller.    for your kills in that thing, BTW my first sortie ended in death promptly.  I need speed :D

"wo't fix my speeling because Mon Capitan says I need to bee quiiet"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 02:46:59 AM by AHGOD »