Author Topic: 30 on 5 -The Horde Mentality  (Read 11265 times)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
30 on 5 -The Horde Mentality
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2003, 09:08:07 PM »
jeez, poop... all them virtural death beatings by your wife finally take their toll?

and keeping on topic...

not to forget just about everyone's lower rung position in the AH foodchain in relation to me...

:aok

and another  :aok  or :aok, just cuz...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2003, 09:33:55 PM »
Originally posted by mold
Certainly not.  We are free to behave as we choose.

Sure.  But don't jump on me if I say "there are a lot of people wearing black hats."  Or, to put it another way, "Honor is a scarce commodity."

True.  Behavior shouldn't be forced, and that is the way I want it as well.  We are also free to say that certain methods of play are lame.

First (and foremost) I'm not jumping on you :). That being said... it does seem a bit paradoxical to say that people are free to play the way they want in one breath....then vilify them for doing so in the next.

Funny thing is that most of the people you are arguing this point with are generally considered 'honorable' players. At least I see them that way. However, like me, they reserve the right to be "dishonorable" (at least in your eyes) if the situation calls for it. That is not to say that there aren't players who's entire idea of gameplay is vulching, spawn camping...etc.. (Hell, I can think of 2 or 3 without even trying :D). However, my experience (and believe it or not...I have plenty) is that those players are the minority.

Judge not, lest ye be judged. <-----(I stole that :D)

BTW, if you have never worn "The Black Hat", you are missing half the fun :).

Originally posted by nopoop

Makes perfect sense to me NB

NOW I'm starting to get worried :D.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2003, 10:02:58 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
First (and foremost) I'm not jumping on you :). That being said... it does seem a bit paradoxical to say that people are free to play the way they want in one breath....then vilify them for doing so in the next.

In what way is that paradoxical?  One is free to do all things, (what I consider) lame and non-lame.  One is free to criticize as well.

Funny thing is that most of the people you are arguing this point with are generally considered 'honorable' players. At least I see them that way. However, like me, they reserve the right to be "dishonorable" (at least in your eyes) if the situation calls for it.

No problem with any of this.

That is not to say that there aren't players who's entire idea of gameplay is vulching, spawn camping...etc.. (Hell, I can think of 2 or 3 without even trying :D). However, my experience (and believe it or not...I have plenty) is that those players are the minority.

Yeah, that's probably true.  Most people probably don't do these things all the time, since they are after all pretty boring activities.  I see more of killstealing (shooting debris) and gangbanging though, which I think is pretty lame.  Not really any fun there either imo.

BTW, if you have never worn "The Black Hat", you are missing half the fun :).

LOL :)  Nah, really not my thing.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2003, 08:25:29 AM »
nb.. I would agree with you except your example...  taking the points away from the suicuide bombers won't change a thing... they are doing it because they have no skill and can't compete anyway..  the attention is in the deed not the score.

On the other hand... even a mdicum of sklill would give you all the bomber perk points you need... most would have more than they knew what to do with... also... the value could be adjusted.   There is no adjustment in simply not giving them points.   So... if they want to suicide pork then.... with perked bombs they will have earned it... much as a 262 pilot who aims strait at a huge bomber formation and gets 4 or five before dieng.   Do we really see a lot of that?

lazs

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2003, 11:13:14 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
ROFL! Reading the second sentence too soon after reading the first is not recommended if you happen to be drinking coffe at the time! :D

As to me flying in the stratosphere - I have film shot over the last two days. What the hell are you talking about? I was hitting 224 with a load of other rooks. Sometimes I was so low to the deck that you can see my shadow. Looks like Rude is one of those guys who judges people by their stats/posts alone. A bit like judging the performance of a car by its colour, and the condition of the paintwork. :rolleyes:

If you're interested, here is that film - of course, you might want to ignore my film and/or belittle me for posting it. Why? Because film is proof, and in this case proves that you talk a load of BS. Those are the only reasons folks protest about films being posted. Well, up yours, turnfite boy! Post back after you have grown balls to go with that ***is.

I saw the film Beet....kinda weak...it mayy work to deceive the newer guys, but not with me....I can tell a cherry pickin opportunist when I see one.

Best for you to get low and stay there...might even consider fighting someone as well...go to our website and watch me in the 38...outnumbered and kickin tail like a man should.

BTW...I may not have my balls any longer, but at least I was born with some....dress wearin suits you just fine my little tootle pippin, orthodontically challenged friend.

Later:)

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2003, 11:53:14 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
this is allways the case on the big maps with the fields too far apart.. everyone is afraid to get too far from home so they go in mobs.   close fields prevent this.
lazs

Everyone is "afraid" to travel alone because if you get into a one-on-one with an enemy fighter, gain an advantage, he will call for help.  Then it becomes a one-on two or three, and you get your arse shot down.  That's not my idea of fun.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2003, 12:04:28 PM »
Originally posted by:rshubert
Everyone is "afraid" to travel alone because if you get into a one-on-one with an enemy fighter, gain an advantage, he will call for help. Then it becomes a one-on two or three, and you get your arse shot down. That's not my idea of fun.

Yeah I hear ya hube.  That is one good thing about being a knight, we have been outnumbered for so long 1v1 almost never happens.  It's always 1 v2 or more.  It has forced me to learn to fight like that all the time.  Granted I'm not as successful as id liked to be, but it's kinda like golf - 20 chipshots then that one perfect shot that keeps you playing.  There is no better feeling than being attacked by 2 or 3 v1 and sending them all home in a chute.  It has made 1v1 kinda boring not really lol.  Biggest thing that has helped me is not chasing one guy, breaking for his buddy and taking any shot they give you.  Really makes you work the plane to.

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2003, 12:05:44 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
Everyone is "afraid" to travel alone because if you get into a one-on-one with an enemy fighter, gain an advantage, he will call for help.  Then it becomes a one-on two or three, and you get your arse shot down.  That's not my idea of fun.

It doesn't have to be this way.  If you keep an eye out, you can use your advantage over the first guy to escape instead of close, to prepare for the arrival of his teammates.  I lone-wolf, and if I get shot down in this situation is generally because I lost SA and didn't notice the other guy coming.  If you keep your SA you can survive (although it may be difficult to get kills when it is 3-on-1).

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2003, 08:29:11 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert

Know what you mean shubie. But are you going to pass on a one on one because of it ?? That's the rub. If it becomes a one on two or 3, it's doable. You'll prolly die, I usually do. But there are those times..

...those times when you take'um all.

That rocks.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2003, 10:47:34 AM »
well hubert... I meant that people temd to "organize" into hordes on the maps with far fields to keep from being trapped over a sector away from friendlies in a plane that is slower that 10 guys who just upped from the base and the three that ar at alt waiting...  you end up running with a dee 9 pee 51 and a bunch of spit fives all following yu with bloodlust since you are the only thing they have seen in the last 15 miutes.

or.. you go with six guys and you do ok but you are the last left and now in the same boat as described above..

with far fields the radar bar is useless... it doesn't tell you what you will find by the time you get there....lots of wasted trips.  

lazs