Author Topic: 30 on 5 -The Horde Mentality  (Read 11272 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
30 on 5 -The Horde Mentality
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2003, 04:35:49 PM »
Beet ... I just watched the film.

The only reason why you were anywhere near the deck was due to the fact that's where ALL the targets were ... obviously beaten down to that alt by the Rook horde preparing to set up the vulch at that base.

I have to admit that the high deflection shot on the A6M on the deck and the zoom to 11K was really risky and aggresive ... WTG ... :lol
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ManeDog

• Zinc Member
Strat effects on Arena
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2003, 04:45:20 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
arena.  The factories should have a larger affect on the whole output of the game.

Strategic targets    

Target type Target Destroy with Downtime Effect Supplier Can be resupplied
Field Map room 10 troops N/A Captures field N/A No
Guns 1 100 lb 2 hours Kills field ack AAA factory Yes
Radar 1 250 lb 2 hours Kills field radar in a 12.5 mile radius Radar factory Yes
Ammo 1 250 lb 2 hours Reduces bomb/rocket loadout to zero Ammo factory Yes
Fuel 1 250 lb 2 hours Reduces maximum allowed fuel load Fuel refinery Yes
Barracks 1 250 lb 2 hours Reduces troop loadout to zero Training facility Yes
Fighter hangar 3 1000 lb 15 mins Disables fighters at the field N/A No
Bomber hangar 3 1000 lb 15 mins Disables bombers at the field N/A No
Vehicle hangar 3 1000 lb 15 mins Disables vehicles at the field N/A No
Shore battery 4 1000 lb 15 mins Disables shore battery at the field N/A No
Town building 1 250 lb 45 mins Kills town building to allow for field capture N/A No
Zone HQ 19 1000 lb 2 hours Kills all radar for a country City building Yes
AAA factory 1 250 lb 3 hours Loads supplies for field guns City building Yes
Radar factory 1 250 lb 3 hours Loads supplies for field radar City building Yes
Ammo factory 1 250 lb 3 hours Loads supplies for ammo at fields City building Yes
Fuel refinery 1 250 lb 3 hours Loads supplies for fuel tanks at fields City building Yes
Training facility 1 250 lb 3 hours Loads supplies for barracks at fields City building Yes
City City building 1 250 lb 3 hours Loads supplies for factories and HQ City building Yes *
Supply Train 1 100 lb N/A Stops train from resupplying destination N/A N/A
Convoy ˝ 100 lb N/A Stops convoy from resupplying destination N/A N/A
Barge ˝ 100 lb N/A Stops barge from resupplying destination N/A N/A
Ships Primary ship 8 1000 lb 5 min Sinks task group, respawns at port N/A No
Other ships 2 1000 lb 1 hour Sinks ship N/A No
Special Types Barrier N/A N/A Barrier N/A N/A
Structure 1 250 lb 45 minutes An object any country can destroy N/A No

*  Each drop of convoy or train supplies on damaged city targets reduces the 3 hour downtime by 30 minutes.  Each drop of player supplies reduces the downtime by 15 minutes.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2003, 06:19:39 PM »
Nothing to prove - wasn't trying to show off. Sorry shane. Just wanted to point out that I'm not always in the stratosphere.

As for load/horde - I think you'll find the rooks were outnumbered. Oh excuse me, should I have been flying alone? That's not what happened in WW2, don't you know. Ooops, oh no, guess I just stepped on an aspect of Selective Realism™ not approved by the Furball Committee. :lol

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2003, 09:37:38 PM »
Originally posted by mold
OK.  Are you with lazs in despising fuel porkers and "battling toolsheds"?  They are just in it for fun.  Vulching and spawn camping are as pointless as toolshed-battling, and even more skilless to boot.  Why do you not despise these things as well?
[/B]

No, I'm not with lazs on that.  I can hardly fault them for doing something allowed by the system and, in fact, encouraged by it given the disproportionate impact of porking fuel.  When someone porks fuel at my base, I either find another fight, go to the Combat Theater, or log for awhile.  I do feel that the strat system rewards fuel porking too much, but that does not mean that I condemn those who do it.  Nor do I consider them somehow less than human or immoral.  Sound familiar?

So is pork augering fuel.  Just "being in the game" does not make it acceptable conduct.
[/b]

On the contrary, it's perfectly acceptable conduct.

That is a non-response.  Please explain.
[/b]

You seem to keep lumping people into "strat warriors" and "furballers," and then you attribute conduct becoming of one group or the other but never both together.  You then classify certain conduct such as vulching or spawn camping "strategic" and out of the realm of "air-to-air" conduct.

Here's a hint: people do whatever's fun.  Furballers don't sit around and think, "Holy crap, my vulching that guy was too strategic!  What am I thinking?!?!  I'm such a hypocrite!"  They do it because it's fun, because they feel like it, and because the game allows it.  Now quit trying to paint people as hypocrites for not fitting into your painfully narrow niches when all they're doing is playing the game the way they feel like playing it.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2003, 07:42:08 AM »
As I've pointed out earlier, fun should not come at the expense of common courtesy.  I still don't understand how vulching and camping are fun, but to each his own.  You call camping a "power play", but I call it butting in front of the line unexcused.  If you want to put it in hockey terms, it's like inviting the Flyers to your house for a large BBQ/Beer-fest the afternoon before the game, for the purpose of making them play like crap.  Not illegal or against the rules, but lame nonetheless.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2003, 08:45:09 AM »
As I've pointed out earlier, fun should not come at the expense of common courtesy.  I still don't understand how vulching and camping are fun, but to each his own.
[/B]

Here you go again.  It's not a matter of "common courtesy."  It's part of the game, and to apply matters of "courtesy" or "honor" or whatever to it as silly as applying them to unfair situations in sports or other games.  

You call camping a "power play", but I call it butting in front of the line unexcused.  If you want to put it in hockey terms, it's like inviting the Flyers to your house for a large BBQ/Beer-fest the afternoon before the game, for the purpose of making them play like crap.  Not illegal or against the rules, but lame nonetheless.

That's an incredibly poor analogy.  Not to mention the fact that the conduct you're describing exists outside the game environment and parameters.

Plus I'm a lifelong Flyers fan, so I really doubt I'd try to make them play like crap.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2003, 08:55:28 AM »
As I've pointed out earlier, fun should not come at the expense of common courtesy.  I still don't understand how vulching and camping are fun, but to each his own.  You call camping a "power play", but I call it butting in front of the line unexcused.  If you want to put it in hockey terms, it's like inviting the Flyers to your house for a large BBQ/Beer-fest the afternoon before the game, for the purpose of making them play like crap.  Not illegal or against the rules, but lame nonetheless.

Yes ... but each one of those Flyer's has the choice to imbibe to excess or not.

Same choice to those who continually try to up at a capped field or spawn into a camped spot. Don't want to get vulched ... don't up. Don't want to get camped ... don't spawn. The choice is theirs/yours.

And to stay on topic ... I hate the HORDE mentality !!! :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2003, 09:06:48 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
And to stay on topic ... I hate the HORDE mentality !!! :D

But you don't hate the spawn-camper mentality? :)

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2003, 09:10:43 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Here you go again.  It's not a matter of "common courtesy."  It's part of the game, and to apply matters of "courtesy" or "honor" or whatever to it as silly as applying them to unfair situations in sports or other games.

This is a community of players in addition to a game.   Common courtesy therefore has a place in it.

Slapshot--  you hate the horde mentality?  Why?  It is a part of the game, and they can do whatever they want.  It's lame, but so what after all, as lameness is accepable, right?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2003, 09:14:37 AM »
I love the HORDE mentallity !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2003, 09:27:44 AM »
This is a community of players in addition to a game.   Common courtesy therefore has a place in it.
[/B]

The players play the game.  Part of this game entails all of the activities you wrongfully consider lacking in common courtesy.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2003, 11:22:49 AM »
There can be a lack of common courtesy within any community, even if everyone lives within the rules (or is forced to, as in a computer game).

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2003, 12:45:56 PM »
There can be a lack of common courtesy within any community, even if everyone lives within the rules (or is forced to, as in a computer game).

And so it begins again.  What you consider "common" courtesy is hardly common.  Since so many people appear subhuman to you for their lack of common courtesy, maybe it's you who are wrong about what most players consider unacceptable behavior.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mold

• Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2003, 01:39:25 PM »
Those who lack honor like to pretend that honor does not exist.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2003, 01:41:34 PM »
Those who lack honor like to pretend that honor does not exist.

Those who are so retarded as to think "honor" applies in an online game focused on free-for-all combat pretend that it matters.

Seriously, it sounds like you need to find another game.  Soon.

-- Todd/Leviathn