Author Topic: Land of the surveilled, home of the scared  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Land of the surveilled, home of the scared
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2004, 12:47:37 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Iraq and Saddam killed 40,000 Iranians?

I know they had a war like the USA Vs. Iraq and Saddam, but I didn't know Saddam was so efficient at killing Iranians.

I'd guess your painfully wrong, but your not humiliated. Ignorance is bliss.

If u would have heard about the last earthquake in Iran u would know that there where about 40000 victims - everyone reads what he wants...

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2004, 12:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
because if Ameica goes down, the world goes down with it. That is the difference

Uhm .. i think not, u'r not so important, but its a different discussion and dont belongs here.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2004, 01:00:39 PM »
um what is a popcorn ball?

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2004, 01:05:41 PM »
Originally posted by Duedel

There was terrorism before the 9/11 and there will be terrorism after the 9/11. So I'm asking me why the hell does p.e. GWB startet his programs after 9/11? Why not earlier????? Or am I wrong here?

Huh?

You would have been in favor of GWB 'doing something' pre-9/11?

Wasnt the rally cry against Iraq a version of "Why are we attacking, they didnt do anything to us?"

How can you turn around and ask why Bush didnt do something about Al Qaeda before 9/11?

Sorry, I guess I would simply be better able to discuss these things if the 'anti' crowd didnt change their arguments every 6 months.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2004, 01:07:23 PM »
Uhm .. i think not, u'r not so important, but its a different discussion and dont belongs here.

Then start another thread about how unimportant the US is in the grand scheme of things.  It sounds more like youre trying to convince yourself of this than anything else.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2004, 01:11:42 PM »
Where did i say that an invasion of Iraq would be ANTI terrorism? Also if u would know me u'd knew that I was pro an invasion of Iraq but thats an old one...

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2004, 01:13:19 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Then start another thread about how unimportant the US is in the grand scheme of things.  It sounds more like youre trying to convince yourself of this than anything else.

Where did i say that the US is unimportant? I said the US is not so important that if all US citizens would die and the USA would vanish the world still turns.

I think u have a big problem to understand postings. Maybe that's the cause for ur little baiting here.

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2004, 01:16:52 PM »
Nefarious

You might want to read this.

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0331/mondo3.php

What's the big deal? I'm sure Hillary or Dean will get rid of it within the first hundred days of their election.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2004, 01:22:33 PM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2004, 01:22:53 PM »
Where did i say that the US is unimportant? I said the US is not so important that if all US citizens would die and the USA would vanish the world still turns.

I think u have a big problem to understand postings. Maybe that's the cause for ur little baiting here.

your hatred of US is transparent
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2004, 01:24:02 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
your hatred of US is transparent

Where, my friend?

Offline MJHerman

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2004, 01:24:07 PM »
Originally posted by Gyro/T69
Nefarious

You might want to read this.

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0331/mondo3.php

What's the big deal? I'm sure Hillary or Dean will get rid of it within the first hundred days of their election.

I thought this story was a riot!!!!  Don't know how true it is and I don't really care, but it's hilarious.

Begs an interesting conspiracy theory though...is GWB's new immigration policy really a way to increase the pool of people who would be eligible to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces?

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0352/mondo2.php

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2004, 01:33:09 PM »
Good Read, But was it supposed to be a jab at me and the origin of the USA-Patriot Act?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2004, 01:39:10 PM »
"Good Read, But was it supposed to be a jab at me and the origin of the USA-Patriot Act?"

Not at all. Just pointing out things are never as cut and dry as we would like them to be.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2004, 01:39:27 PM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_

Popcorn, butter, and sugar, rolled into one hated Halloween ball, made by old ladies, who were just enough not crazy to give out apples, and divvied out to unsuspecting trick or treaters on October 31st, (A American Holiday) looking for bite size candy bars.

They were till now, just thrown into bushes enroute to the next Snicker candy bar giving household. Now they should be a ATF FBI regulated missile. Lord knows that was my 10 year old, on every occasion of receiving one, initial response. Still, certainly they are deadly.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 01:42:17 PM by Creamo »