Author Topic: Superbowl Breasts  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2004, 05:01:04 PM »
"In 1981 (Schad v. Borough of Mount Ephraim, 452 U.S. 61, 65-66), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on nudity, as it appears in movies, plays and TV. They found that: "Entertainment, as well as political and ideological speech, is protected; motion pictures, programs broadcast by radio and television, and live entertainment, such as musical and dramatic works, fall within the First Amendment guarantee ... Nor may an entertainment program be prohibited solely because it displays the nude human figure. 'Nudity alone' does not place otherwise protected material outside the mantle of the First Amendment." This might be interpreted as protecting a naturist's right to engage in a nude demonstration or public performance on a beach. But the ruling does not appear to cover simple nudism."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/nudism1.htm

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2004, 05:12:23 PM »
Thrawn seems to be confusing social and moral standards with legal standards.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2004, 05:19:20 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Thrawn seems to be confusing social and moral standards with legal standards.

Quick!  

Hit ctrl - F!  Type in the word "law"  and hit enter, Uber-dork!

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2004, 05:24:02 PM »
I don't think Kieran was referring to real laws, just unwritten ones, but I could be wrong, and I understand your confusion in either case.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2004, 05:32:57 PM »
Kieran let me apologise; It's not my business if your society is happily creating childrens who are inhibited before they're old enough to read...

Oh well; guess Ritalin and other drugs will fix those issues too :)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2004, 05:44:50 PM »
Thrawn's post is in response to mine regarding FCC regulations. Your post (Funked) is actually closer to my intent; that we have social and cultural standards. What happened during the halftime was outside what is usually considered appropriate.

As for Staga, his noodle envy would not allow him to skip making a condescending remark towards American society even once. What a joke, politicizing such a non-issue. Blah. I don't know why I worry about gasbag hate-uhs. ;)

12th Commandment: Thou shalt not pontificate about another country's social laws simply because they are different from your own.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2004, 05:54:47 PM »
as an american my opinion is that we are one of the few countrys left in this world that still act all uptight when it comes to sex.  I myself dont think that this is sofistication.  It is only a boob, kids can nurse from breasts when they are young and then not see them again till their 18?   Just seems stupid to me.  Just my opinion though.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2004, 06:00:15 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
as an american my opinion is that we are one of the few countrys left in this world that still act all uptight when it comes to sex.  I myself dont think that this is sofistication.  It is only a boob, kids can nurse from breasts when they are young and then not see them again till their 18?   Just seems stupid to me.  Just my opinion though.

Do you have kids Gunslinger?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2004, 06:02:16 PM »
As for Staga, his noodle envy would not allow him to skip making a condescending remark towards American society even once.

I was expecting more intelligent reply but guess that'll have to do. Always a pleasure to talk about my personal characteristic with you Kieran    :)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2004, 06:07:04 PM »
You could say the same for the orifice from which we all first entered this world Gunslinger, why stop with breasts? I'll admit that we may be more prudish in this regard than many but we do have standards which they obviously violated. I'm not upset about what was done but I do find their denying it was intentional both repugnant and insulting.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2004, 06:10:29 PM »
Sure do.  One is almost 2 (boy) and the other is 4 (girl)  and I would much rather have them growing up with a good grasp of what sex and the differences in the sexes are.  Of course they are too young now but I think it would be much better if they saw a breast on TV and didnt go OMG A BOOBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be in the minority but I feel this way about drinking as well.  I would much rather take my son to the bar when he's 17 during happy hour and share a few beers with him to teach him gradually that it is NO BIG DEAL and to do it responsibly (THERE STILL ARE SOME STATES IN THE UNION THAT ALLOW THIS).  That sounds alot better to me than him going to a kegger getting completly tanked and doing somthing stupid like driving or getting a girl knocked up.

In the same breath I'd much rather have my kids learn the facts of life through me than MTV so I can see were some parents are offended.  I still feel though that society as a whole is way too uptight.  Just my thaughts on life....who knows 10 years from now they may be different or hell maybe even society will be different but that's just how I feel.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2004, 06:14:18 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
You could say the same for the orifice from which we all first entered this world Gunslinger, why stop with breasts? I'll admit that we may be more prudish in this regard than many but we do have standards which they obviously violated. I'm not upset about what was done but I do find their denying it was intentional both repugnant and insulting.

Iron I'm not so sure it was intentional....everyone is saying that they planned it because she was wearing a "paisty" of some sort but its actually a nipple ring.  The looks on their faces afterwords look more like surpise or guilt.  Just MHO though.

also please no one get me wrong here i'm not saying what they did was right or wrong I was just commenting on how i think society is a little prude.  Now that I think about it the superbowl is more of a family thing and it had no place being there.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2004, 06:14:34 PM »
The angle our television had it looked like it was just a skin toned clothing..

I don't have a problem, and it was obviously intentional..

Why would there be a star on it?

And I guess there trying to get Janet arrested now too?
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2004, 06:18:43 PM »
Gunslinger,
Parents all raise their kids different ways. Thats what makes nurturing unique. There is no "one certain way" to do it, so I believe in letting parents make the choice, not television. Give me a rating before I view so *I*, the parent, can determine if my children should view it or not.  Otherwise, have a set of laws that fine those that decide to force their lifestyles (be it breasts, Terrorist rap videos trying to recruit or Thrawn banging his buddy MG) on us.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Breasts
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2004, 06:23:55 PM »
Originally posted by Hawklore
The angle our television had it looked like it was just a skin toned clothing..

I don't have a problem, and it was obviously intentional..

Why would there be a star on it?

And I guess there trying to get Janet arrested now too?

The star is part of the nipple ring.  If you ask me arrest justin timberlake too.  He's the co-conspirater in this most hanus crime.

Rip I agree with you.  Families should be able to watch TV or listen to the radio together and have some sort of standard that the show is broadcasted on.  Its then up to the parents to say "I dont want my kids seeing that"

In a perfect world it wouldnt matter.  Parents could educate their children befor they get addicted to the TV and make them imune to all the brainwashing that goes on nowadays.  That's a perfect world mind you.

but than you'd also have to worry about thier libral teachers messin with their heads as well LOL