Author Topic: So that's what Islam is to these guys, eh..  (Read 5185 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
So that's what Islam is to these guys, eh..
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2004, 03:55:09 AM »
Originally posted by Lizking
while those boys will be showered with flowers and kisses from thier side.

Where do you suppose to see him in sutch situation ?

But i have to admit it isnt not justice, coz some of coalition soldies will got to jail for few months and nobody kiss them.

Check what happen to people whitch cooperated with occupants during ww2.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 04:27:14 AM by lada »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2004, 04:16:39 AM »
Nash, little over the top playing devil's advocate here :)

I'm sorry for that guy and his familly.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2004, 04:17:12 AM »
Oh my.

I love how Toad and Grunherz are happy to suddenly refer to the people doing the killing as some sort of coherent body of people.

The difference is that the US is a civilised State that purports to conduct its affairs with legitimacy and fair handedness, whereas this mythical other 'side' is a rag-tag bunch of outlaws, extremists and terrorists. You can't lump them all together and treat them like a State like Nazi Germany, or then hold them up to our expectations of how a State should behave. This is why I believe the 'War on Terror' is a misnomer of epic proportions.

This difference is that the US et al must be held accountable if they are to be considered superior to the people who butchered this guy. And that is something we all can agree on, right?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2004, 04:35:52 AM »
Originally posted by Naso
"Allah akbar"

I think it means somethink like God is great. Not sure trough.
Chechenian partizans waving like this everytime they destroy some Russian stuff or kill few soldiers.

If you will translate public speech of some US politics, you could probably translate "God bless" as "Allah akbar" , since word Allah is arabic expresion for meaning of God in generaly.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2004, 04:57:41 AM »
I know what means.

and Allah, Yaveh, Ieova are word coming from the same semitic (Aramaic) root.

Was just pointing that the same fanatic hate is fueling part of both sides.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2004, 08:09:56 AM »
"and Allah, Yaveh, Ieova are word coming from the same semitic (Aramaic) root."

All consist of five letters ......  and so does "Lorna"

I see the link!!

BTW. some of you people need to come to the realisation that someone explaiing somehting is not the same as defending that same thing. It's not a hard concept.

Well.  Except for the neanderthal-cons it might be.

*neanderthal-con: several evolutionary steps down the conservative ladder from neo-con. (also see Rush Lumbaughmagnon man).   Exhibits instinctual, primitive,  reactionary knee jerk reponses to opposing observations and criticisms, automatic defense mechanism causes spontaneuos outburts of pure inuendo and exageration, prone to C&Ping debunked "walls of text" from radical right wing blogs and ezines. Card carrying member of the Bush Brigade where duty is optional and when time is actually to be served the participants are stationed in South Dalota where they will defend North America from the threat of the Iraqi navy.  Also a flag waving, standard bearing member of the Rumsfield_Feldgendarmerie where the excuse is that anything we do is done because they do worse.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2004, 09:07:59 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
You tellin' me you wouldn't give at least an attaboy?

That's exactly what I'm telling you.

Kill them in combat? You betcha.

Behead or hang one that came over to rebuild something? Absolutely not; in fact, I'd "engage" a "Bubba" I found trying to do that.

Apparently, from your commentary in this thread and your post about trolling, you've made a decision to eschew discussions of the type we've had before.

Fine by me; I'll bear that in mind from now on.

Ta.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2004, 09:11:43 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Oh my.

I love how Toad and Grunherz are happy to suddenly refer to the people doing the killing as some sort of coherent body of people.

The difference is that the US is a civilised State that purports to conduct its affairs with legitimacy and fair handedness, whereas this mythical other 'side' is a rag-tag bunch of outlaws, extremists and terrorists. You can't lump them all together and treat them like a State like Nazi Germany, or then hold them up to our expectations of how a State should behave. This is why I believe the 'War on Terror' is a misnomer of epic proportions.

This difference is that the US et al must be held accountable if they are to be considered superior to the people who butchered this guy. And that is something we all can agree on, right?

So you are calling the hand full of people that humiliated a few Iraqi prisoners the "US"? Do you not see the irony in your statement?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2004, 09:16:38 AM »
I don't regard them as a "coherent body of people".

However, I don't see ANY of the "Islam is a religion of peace" Mullahs or Clerics speaking out against this. I see no Fatwah condemning these killers. In fact, there is only silence from the peaceful religion of Islam and all its followers. Well, except for the followers of Islam that are openly rejoicing in this murder of a civilian, of course.

Can you help me with a link to the negative commentary about these rag-tag bunch of outlaws, extremists and terrorists from the fine, upstanding, peaceful representatives of Islam?

The US IS being held accountable and, most importantly, we are holding OURSELVES accountable. We are condemning the actions of the troops that break our rules; we'll punish them as well.

We've all seen the commentary from the US participants of this BBS universally condemning the actions of the US troops responsible for the prisoner abuse.

However, I havent' see much in the way of condemnation of this beheading by the apologists for Islam that post here. This thread is a prime example of that absence of condemnation.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 09:51:32 AM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2004, 09:32:13 AM »
Hi Toad,

Who would say are the 'apologists' for Islam on this BBS?

Ravs
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 09:36:35 AM by ravells »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2004, 09:33:27 AM »
Oh my.

They are a cohernt group of people....  Their policy is terrorize the world and impose some sort of radical islamo fascism wherever they can..

Did you not get the memo?

Have you allready forgotten 911? Or Bali? Or Daniel Pearl's excecution. Or the Madrid bombings? Or any of the hundreds of acts of terror done under the wing of Al Qeada radical islamic training, funding and encurragement. The thousands of dead? Real dead, just as dead as if they were killed by nazi panzers rolling accprss russia or by japanese bayonets in the jougles of burma...

And who cares that they are not 100%like a nation state? Why are you trying to put it into some sort of old fashined box. They are atrhreat just as real and imminent as the Germans and Japanese (911= pearl harbor) and we are fighting them the best we can. Apparently, some of us are defending them as best we can.... How nice..

I simply dont understand this pervrse need some of you on the left have to defend these people and somehow marginalize these crimes....

You know if the western left put 10% as much energy into criticizing, protesting and speaking out aginst the terrorists as they do into criticizing the west the world would be  amuch better place. I can't imagine how much perverse moral support and uplift those bastards get every time they see a protest on our straets.

Yea yea yea, I know I'm an evil nazi or something baecause only nazis think the terrorists are bad...

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2004, 09:37:22 AM »
Clearly irony is not your strong point. Or reading comprehension, for that matter.

I said the US and its agents have to be held accountable for its actions, if it is to claim the moral high ground. I did not say the people responsible for murder and mistreatment were typical of the US servicemen or civilians - but they are representatives and as such should be brought to justice so that the reputation of the US is not brought into disrepute. I'm sure that will be the case. Otherwise the actions of this minority will seen to be an acceptable facet of American culture/behaviour.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2004, 09:50:48 AM »
Ravs,

I don't think that would take much research. One could look at the threads on the "American prisoner abuse" and the very few posts on this beheading and then match up names. I think one would find that some names from the American "abuse" threads are noticably absent in any thread condemning the beheading. I suppose that means little to some but not to others.

I'll forego the "naming of names". After all, I suppose that's just my opinion and there's never much point in the "did not / did so" arguments that would follow. I suspect Skuzzy would rightfully take a dim view of it anyway.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2004, 09:51:07 AM »
Clearly irony is not your strong point. Or reading comprehension, for that matter.

I said the US and its agents have to be held accountable for its actions, if it is to claim the moral high ground. I did not say the people responsible for murder and mistreatment were typical of the US servicemen or civilians - but they are representatives and as such should be brought to justice so that the reputation of the US is not brought into disrepute. I'm sure that will be the case. Otherwise the actions of this minority will seen to be an acceptable facet of American culture/behaviour.

I dont even know why this is an argument about the "moral highground"  It's not like there is a cover up going on here.  Its not like they are trying to sweep this under the rug.  US service men who violate the Uniformed Code Of Military Justice will be punished accordingly.

Show me a video of a US soldier beheading a civilian shouting god is great in this conflict and I'll eat my hat.

Hmmm.....lets see here...>Build schools or blow them up......build schools or blow them up......build schools or blow them up.  Decisions decisions  What would the good guys do?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2004, 09:58:46 AM »
Where did I defend the terrorists?

You can't in one breath call these people barbarians or criminals and in the next show surprise that they justify the label. You can't express moral superiority in one instance, and then express a wish to dispense with the very processes which make us civilised.

Well you can, but it's call hypocrisy.

And the people doing these atrocities are not a nation state - they are a disparate collection of terrorist groups with the same target. Many of them would refuse to sit around a table together due to differing agenda or ideology.

My guess is that OBL doesn't mastermind every attack against Western civilisation.