Author Topic: AH2 Engine  (Read 2707 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 01:32:01 PM »
Anyone who says AH2 has the same graphics as AH1 needs to get their eyes checked. True, it is not IL2 class, but still very nice indeed.

Aces High I

Aces High II

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
AH2 Engine
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 01:46:03 PM »
Nicely put, GScholz.

;)

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 02:49:13 PM »
Well IL2 FB has got kick butt eye candy fer sure.
But does it have 500+ people on every night fighting it out?

Well there ya go.

Nice job Superfly and crew

:aok

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 03:26:16 PM »
Originally posted by txmx
Hey Gixer do you even subscribe to the game ?

Yes I've subscribed since October 01 other then for a recent 6 month break due to work and sporting commitments. How long have you been around?

Check my stats if you like same as game id.

...-Gixer

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 03:27:43 PM »
started off as RC51 back about 3 years ago i think.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 03:28:33 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
OMG...its superfly!  I think I have shot that guy offline like a million times!!!!:rofl

Anyhow...Superfly is correct.

SECOND,  the graphics in AH2 are superb! The sun effects, clouds, shading are incredible in flight....Anyone that says the graphics in AH1 and AH2 are the same is insane...try turning that EYECANDY up on your cards or run in 1600x1200....you will see a difference

My 2.5 cents!:D

Yes the eye candy is up high and running at 1600x1200

...-Gixer

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 03:31:42 PM »
started off as RC51 back about 3 years ago i think.

Then why think I'm a unsubscribing noob? Sure your ID is planted in my stats a few times.

...-Gixer

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 03:36:46 PM »
Superfly,

I wasn't painting a picture of Doom I said I would continue to support AH and that I appreciated the many changes. And looking forward to the upcoming changes in graphics. I understand it's better and appreciate that bug fixing,FM and other new details come first.

My basic point was that at it's current Beta stage graphic wise it is less then I expected and for those that think I need my eyes checked because I can't see the difference between AH1 and AH2 I can. I just don't think they are as significant as one might of expected.

...-Gixer

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 03:38:33 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Sure your ID is planted in my stats a few times.

...-Gixer

Im sure your in mine as well .

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2004, 03:45:44 PM »
Well with 6 post you must either be 1. an older account holder wishing to hide his old BBS handle or.
2 a newbie.
In either case your case simply dont hold water sorry.:rolleyes:

Why put down diegocn's opinion just becase he may have a new account and dosn't agree with you? If diegocn's is new what does it matter on this or any other subject his opinion is just as valid as yours or mine.

No wonder new guys come and go if they get put down by others when they voice their opinion on a subject in the forums.

...-Gixer

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
"I just don't think they are as significant as one might of expected."

The expectation is self-induced here Gixer.

While you were expecting more (nothing wrong with that) some weren't expecting quite as much as you, resulting not in a let-down, but more of a let-up (<--- no such word ... just drew a blank).

You seems to understand ... you gotta walk before you can run. Right now, I would say the AH II is in a fast paced walk.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2004, 03:46:13 PM »
For starters if you can't see the difference in graphics compared to AH1 then you might need glasses.  

Secondly what other games such as Aces High comes anywhere close to AH2?

I can't see how someone can compare OFP to AH it's not even close to the same thing.  Eyecandy is nice in it for what it was designed for.  It was not designed as a "flight simulator".   You can easily tell just by flying the aircraft in it.  OFP and Battlefield 1942 are about the same just different timelines.  Either way they in no way shape or form can be compared to Aces High.

I can see that overtime with the hard work the HT crew puts into Aces High and the community there will be nothing close to AH.  Your not going to get graphics like IL2 FB or MSFS 2004 if thats what your looking for.  Granted they will come close in many aspects but for the type of game it is it won't happen.  You can't have the extreme graphics many of you want and the same type of game play.  Unless HT can find out a way to seperate sectors so the in essence each area is it's own game but make them blended so folks can pass through a portal of some type it's not gonna happen.  

Either way how much are you really paying attention to some of this stuff while flying?  Unless your in a formation or doing ground pounding duties your not gonna see much more than a blur out of the corner of your eye.  Having awesome graphics is great but in the long run how much do you really pay attention to them?  One thing that will be nice with the new graphics is making movies.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2004, 03:57:10 PM »
Im sure your in mine as well .

Curiosity got the better of me, going back to tour 25 seems we haven't come across each other all that often but when we have I've killed you 4 times for no deaths. So yes I'm in your stats but not in the way you'd like.

...-Gixer

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
AH2 Engine
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2004, 04:02:49 PM »
Right now, I am sure the art department has had a long road doing conversions. (upgrading from 256x256 to 1024x1024)
And not just aircraft skins - I can only imagine all the little things that "skinners" don't get to see, outside of a vehicle/aircraft skin.

If anyone out there hasn't tried doing a skin - I would suggest it.
Just to get an idea of the time.

I would imagine that doing a complete conversion on an aircraft with say 3 external tiles for skins and 4-5 internal times for skins would easily take at least 2 weeks if you have time to kill, 2-4 weeks if you work part time and easily 6 weeks if you have a full time job and family.

Not only is it just increasing the size, but increasing detail. There has to be time allotted for reasearch, ect...to make sure everything is a close to correct as it can be.

Then theres the 3d modelling... I have no experience in this, but would imagine that to be time consuming as well.

From the jist of the HTC staffs post in varios threads, I would imagine that the beta is the foundation right now. Gotta build that good and strong and without faults before you start adding in framework for the walls and roof. One you get those done you can easily "remodel" the finishing of the walls and basically redecorate however you want.

So hopefully were nearing the stage where the foundations solid, the walls and roof are going up and you'll start to see "decorators" take over.

hopefully the carpet matches the drapes.......

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2004, 04:26:28 PM »
Well with 6 post you must either be 1. an older account holder wishing to hide his old BBS handle or.
2 a newbie.
In either case your case simply dont hold water sorry.:rolleyes:

:lol