Author Topic: AH2 Engine  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2004, 04:34:41 PM »
Another bit of perspective:
Where as most game companies will have any where from  20-30+ people working on one game, HTC has 5 people actually directly involved in the development of AHII.  Now figure how much time and effort goes into AH with that many people.
HTC staff:
1 Office Manager/payroller/grocery buyer/con organizer/den mother/bill payer

1 Tech support/networker

developers-
2 Programmers
2 Artists
1 Flight modeller/researcher/WWII expert

That's a whopping 7 HTC staff members.  Compared to, let's say EA with 100's of people working there.  There is a huge difference in the amount of production you can expect to be accomplished in a given amount of time.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2004, 04:41:22 PM »
Originally posted by txmx
ME TARZAN U JANE:rofl

i thought you were cheetah?

:confused:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2004, 04:43:31 PM »
1 Office Manager/payroller/grocery buyer/con organizer/den mother/bill payer

Perk Yankee  she is way over modeled (and over worked)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2004, 04:43:50 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
OMG...its superfly!  I think I have shot that guy offline like a million times!!!!:rofl  

what?!? how hard can it be to shoot down a flat turning seal?

:D

i just hope the FM will get tweaked somewhat - it's kind of back to the old rubber bands instead of rails.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2004, 04:44:45 PM »
GS, all those ah2 pictures are with zoom on, AHI pics not zoomed in. AH II doesnt look anywhere near that good without zoom (on my puter anyway.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2004, 04:45:34 PM »
Well with 6 post you must either be 1. an older account holder wishing to hide his old BBS handle or.
2 a newbie.
In either case your case simply dont hold water sorry.:rolleyes:

you must be a noob too since you've registered just this month.

you sure do post alot tho'. how do you find time to fly? or are you one of them H2H moochers?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2004, 04:48:18 PM »
There is no technical limitation that would disqualify an IL2 "class" engine from being used in a massively multiplayer game. I've seen screenies with hundreds of planes in IL2 (AI of course), so the engine does handle large numbers of aircraft. They just lack the net code. As Superfly pointed out, expecting such results from such a small development team is highly unrealistic. Right now, graphics wise, the only thing I don't like is the old explosions, smoke, and that there is no additive filter on the flames/muzzle flashes (against a bright background the flames appear darker). However I'm sure these features (and more) are coming, right now HTC is working on the basics to get the game online. I am not at all disappointed with AH2 ... frankly all my experiences with it have been positive.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2004, 04:56:07 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
GS, all those ah2 pictures are with zoom on, AHI pics not zoomed in. AH II doesnt look anywhere near that good without zoom (on my puter anyway.

Looks to me like all the AHI pics have zoom on. I did not take any of those screenies myself (the AHIs are from HTC's site), but AHII does look that good on my puter, even better in some cases.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2004, 05:00:36 PM »
Hmmm ... those AHII screenies are probably taken in 1600x1200, and if you have a lower desktop resolution the pictures will look more "zoomed in".

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2004, 05:14:52 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Curiosity got the better of me, going back to tour 25 seems we haven't come across each other all that often but when we have I've killed you 4 times for no deaths. So yes I'm in your stats but not in the way you'd like.

...-Gixer

Tell me how do you find out who killed you each time?

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2004, 05:17:41 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
you must be a noob too since you've registered just this month.

you sure do post alot tho'. how do you find time to fly? or are you one of them H2H moochers?

Scroll up .
Been around since tour 25

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2004, 05:22:55 PM »
Here's a collage I just made that shows AHII on my puter. The screenies were downsized from 1600x1200 to 800x600 to give the correct perspective compared to the AHI screenies.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 05:27:15 PM by GScholz »

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2004, 05:50:01 PM »
It honestly to me looks damn near the same, but all the smoothness of AH1 is gone in AH2.

I really hate it. I'd gladly fly IL-2 for graphics and AH1 for pure fun online. But it's going away, and I think that's not so good.

I challenge anyone from the original Beta to say AH2 is any better, and wouldn't rather have 30 new airplanes instead of this.

Sorry. Just how I feel.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2004, 06:19:54 PM »
only REAL problem I see with AH2 is the continuation of lemming players-induced mediocre gameplay.

considering HTC's resources, in comparison to Maddox's or whatever they're called, AH2 is a better game in my opinion.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2004, 06:32:59 PM »
ME TARZAN U JANE:rofl

Why is it always the religious fruitcakes who are the most intolerant of others?