Author Topic: AH2 Engine  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2004, 07:03:31 PM »
AH1 is a much better game moot, you missed my point.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2004, 07:29:11 PM »
Well Creamo, once they get this out of the way, maybe they'll get back to adding new planes.  

Some of the things I like a lot, some I couldn't care less about.  The new oil hit and pilot wound graphics are neat, I like all the crap on the ground that GVs can use to hide in.  I suspect that the Panzer IV will still be Hizooka-bait so I'll probably stay out of the GVs anyway once 2.0 comes out, but at least the tanks can hide now.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2004, 07:38:17 PM »
Originally posted by txmx
Scroll up .
Been around since tour 25

you can remove the hook now mrblack.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2004, 07:53:45 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Well Creamo, once they get this out of the way, maybe they'll get back to adding new planes.  

Some of the things I like a lot, some I couldn't care less about.  The new oil hit and pilot wound graphics are neat, I like all the crap on the ground that GVs can use to hide in.  I suspect that the Panzer IV will still be Hizooka-bait so I'll probably stay out of the GVs anyway once 2.0 comes out, but at least the tanks can hide now.

I agree, but as long as it runs like AH1. That's the problem, it doesn't.

Nothing I have seen looks promising.

I just flew AH1 again, and it was almost as fun as the Beta, years ago. Now it has 500 people flying it, and that is extra fun. Those 500 are there for alot of reasons.

NONE of which have anything to do with IL-2FB and it's incredible graphics.

That's my point.

AH is great because of the MA and it's gameplay. To make it a computer hardware reliability for players with such a minimal graphic gain is not a good decision, at least I don't think. HTC seems to be right so we shall see.

I’d rather have AH1 and 30 more plane types. In fact, I’ll just hate AH1 going away. And it will, soon.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2004, 07:55:01 PM »
Pic of the pilot with the pistol and one foot on the ground strikes me funny, reminds me of the old gumby shows when he walks (glides) on just 1 nonmoving foot. Pilot has a built in 2 foot unfoldable clipboard backpack. :D
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2004, 08:02:46 PM »
the smoothness of AH1 is gone in AH2.

Creamo's point here is good...  

AH2's graphics are definitely more advanced than AH1, but to my eyes, something about AH1 makes it nicer to look at.  I hope eventually they can retain AH2's improvements but bring back AH1's refinement.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2004, 08:11:28 PM »
AH1's refinement

Ah, that's what I couldn't put the point on. TY.

Man, I hate to see it go. It's Hornet Korea of it's time, but made it work with 500 people later.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2004, 08:14:34 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
It honestly to me looks damn near the same, but all the smoothness of AH1 is gone in AH2.

I really hate it. I'd gladly fly IL-2 for graphics and AH1 for pure fun online. But it's going away, and I think that's not so good.

I challenge anyone from the original Beta to say AH2 is any better, and wouldn't rather have 30 new airplanes instead of this.

Sorry. Just how I feel.

Dang I will for one really miss you.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2004, 09:00:05 PM »
GO HTC....

Im sorry....flew Air Warrior from about day one....THEN WHAM EA takes over and pulls the plug....

AH2 BETA still rocks...sorry...it has bugs...B.....E....T....A..... thats why we are testing it out.  Give it some time ladies and gents.  

For a 7 person company...you guys KICK ARSE!!!!!!!!!:D :)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2004, 02:33:46 AM »
Originally posted by txmx
Tell me how do you find out who killed you each time?

Go to the score page, click on stats and there you can look how u do against all type of stats just enter my ID Gixer in the player v player stats.

Unfortunetly you have to look at each tour individully but it does give you what you were killed in and by what at the same time.

...-Gixer

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2004, 04:08:10 AM »
Oh ok Now I see how truly bad I sucked back then thank you:(

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2004, 10:45:47 AM »
platonia?  They'll trim the edges later.

all I care about is fighting.  It needs to be hard, fun, and in the middle of hundreds of other players.  All things weighed, AH2 makes it more fun for me.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWCHKRS

• Copper Member
AH1 vs AH2 .....
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2004, 05:39:55 PM »
Originally posted by SUPERFLY

That's a whopping 7 HTC staff members.  Compared to, let's say EA with 100's of people working there.  There is a huge difference in the amount of production you can expect to be accomplished in a given amount of time. [/B]

'All EA.com ( Butt-heads )  did with all their resorces, was kill my all time favorite game AirWarrior,and Layoff some of the nicest people in the industry.  
  HTC and his Crew,  has provided AcesHigh and I really like it !!!
 I'm another customer that isn't thrilled AH2 game play, I do not like the sun glare one damn bit, the gun sights,  fire-hose bullet patterns  and the way the new FM , characteristics , flops around and into flat spins , compared to AH 1.  Want eye candy in AH ? just look in the CT at the bases and terrians in there . As for planes that look new and cool ? where are they , skins are a dime a dozen for other games , just do a search for skins for CFS II and see how many hits your search turns up.  AH 1 is a fluid, fast, great working gameplay Sim, that is " FUN " to play . I will miss it when it  they pull the plug on it . One other to think about , their are a few hundred people who are as happy as can be with AH1 as it is now . Ever consider how they are going to receive a new game with all these BS FR glare,  trim tabs , and guns that you can't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle with  ?? .
 This is just my thoughts and observations , on a service that is "Fun " and I pay money for ,not a personal attack, or a "See it my way or Else  Brown-Nosed-Sermon. Just my 2 cents .

CHECKERS
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 05:53:15 PM by AWCHKRS »

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2004, 06:29:36 PM »
Umm Superfly is an HTC staff memeber.

Opposed to being bit more realistic you'd rather have it gamey.  Yank the stick do whatever you want it to kinda game.  Laser guns, fake gunsights, no glare when you look into the sun.

Mommy this is hard I actually have to practice to get good.

Absolutely amazing how folks would rather have a game than more of a sim.  I'm sure you could find alot more of your types of games out there.  Heck I'm sure they've even got a spot on Battlefield 1942 or heck even on Operation Flashpoint.  Obviously BF 1942 would fit the time frame you seem to be looking for better.

Offline AWCHKRS

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2004, 06:54:45 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412

Opposed to being bit more realistic you'd rather have it gamey.  Yank the stick do whatever you want it to kinda game.  Laser guns, fake gunsights, no glare when you look into the sun.

Mommy this is hard I actually have to practice to get good.

Absolutely amazing how folks would rather have a game than more of a sim.  I'm sure you could find alot more of your types of games out there.  Heck I'm sure they've even got a spot on Battlefield 1942 or heck even on Operation Flashpoint.  Obviously BF 1942 would fit the time frame you seem to be looking for better.

Yep I would rather have game play ! ( you can read after all , but your ability to comprehend the english langauge sucks , and you personal " Mommy Attack shows that ! "

It's a beta prettythang hole and they HTC asks for imput , you gota a problem with that ? ... I think so , Go re- read my post dip-stick ,

Its just my two cents ....Now ask me again if I give a watermelon what you think about  it ?  .

ps How many browney points and pairs of blue-goose shoes do you think you will get for an attack like that on other customers opions and input ? LOL and I know whom Superfly is , and have known since 12/07/00 .....
  CHECKERS
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 07:10:18 PM by AWCHKRS »