Author Topic: Please return open channel  (Read 12546 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Please return open channel
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2004, 03:10:24 AM »
But then you won't get to hear "JetJok88" tell everyone in range endlessly about all the tactics and tricks he learned in Falcon 4 or how he's really gude at simz or what he ate for breakfast or how stupid his parents are or how he broke up/got back with his girl/boyfriend for 45 minutes straight.

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2004, 03:12:36 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
LOL Slapshot! Classic :D

Here's an IDEA.

Why doesnt Hitech make Ch1 off by default. And when one enters the game, he or she has the option of turning it on or off?

Seeing as we are looking, already, for new channels to talk on. Why not keep the one we already had (Channel 1)  but make it an option and a physical choice to turn it on when one enters the game or at any point during your on line time???

I think this is a great idea that would keep everyone in the arena satisfied!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thinking Morph!! Please please please HTC!!!      Give a dog a bone :D        FBRaptor

Offline AWCHKRS

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2004, 05:51:18 AM »

Here's an IDEA.

Why doesnt Hitech make Ch1 off by default. And when one enters the game, he or she has the option of turning it on or off?

Seeing as we are looking, already, for new channels to talk on. Why not keep the one we already had (Channel 1)  but make it an option and a physical choice to turn it on when one enters the game or at any point during your on line time???

That would be a simple fast fix !  also maybe put warming of "adult content" ( or un-adult content ) in software agreement .

That open channel is needed for lots of " good reasons " IMHO.

........ CHECKERS

Offline GaBBeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »
(Gabbers back, btw )

OK, Listen. I have the solution. This will solve EVERYONE'S problem. It is the ULTIMATE middle ground. HT you better do this...

How to solve this? Simple, in your options/preference box simply have a chat section (which dont you already have..?) and simply add a checkbox for permanent select for CH1. So you can have it off, all the time, if you so choose. Or you can have it on, always, or whenever.

Perfect, I know.

And personally, I liked Ch1, I could just block it out, the colors are different so it's pretty easy. I'm too busy flying to be concentrating on what everyone's saying that has nothing to do with me. Maybe you guys should take some ritalin or something to stay focused and boost your attention span?

Thank you. Please have this in effect immediately.

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2004, 09:40:17 AM »
I enjoy that ch1 is gone.
Though a perma squelch function would be better. That would allow me to stay with my arena friends and those which act in a responsible manner.

Ecke

Offline GaBBeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2004, 09:42:09 AM »
See? See? I'm a genius.

Ch1 gave me lots of laughs, I do miss it. And you all will too, in time.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2004, 10:03:08 AM »

Here's an IDEA.

Not bad but still doesn't cut the mustard as far as I am concerned.

With this, it still would lead people to believe that ALL types of conversation would take place on this 1 channel.

I too want to talk to people across country lines and throw <> and GK and nice shot, but I don't want to see all the other BS that is spewed out on this channel.

If HT were to reserve 200-210 for the purposes I have stated (and somewhat backed up by Tilt), then when someone decides to start some ethnic and/or political discussion on 200, they can be told to move it to channel 202 or 203.

The friendly channel (200) would be policed by those that want to keep it friendly. If the person(s) who want to pollute that channel, without moving their BS to the appropriate channel, a simple screen shot and an email to HTC can solve the problem.

The real solution here is to move the discussions to their appropriate channel so those of us who don't want to hear/see their crap, don't have to suffer thru it.

There is nothing worse than when some foul-mouthed smack talk argument occurs or some ethnic, political, religious, world event, or world history discussion takes place on CH 1.

It's time for that crap to come to an end for all to see. Take it to the appropriate channel and have a blast.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline GaBBeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
Dont you see slapshot? That if you didn't want to see it you could just turn it off? And if you needed it temporarily you could just add /ch1 to whatever you say to temporarily open it.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2004, 10:21:17 AM »
Range vox next, please by all that's holy let me turn range vox OFF!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be the best feature yet!!!!!!!!!:D

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2004, 10:28:56 AM »
Gabber your from CT? where abouts?

With this, it still would lead people to believe that ALL types of conversation would take place on this 1 channel.

I too want to talk to people across country lines and throw <> and GK and nice shot, but I don't want to see all the other BS that is spewed out on this channel.

Well I understand what you are saying slapshot. But ultimatly the choice is yours as to weather or not Ch1 is seen. It doesnt have to be on for you or anyone else al of the time. And you can turn it on and off at will. Just as you can now. Only this way, it will be off by default when you enter the game.

I've also come up with another idea here to add to the ease of turning Ch1 off and on.

Hitech is there a way to make a hot key for turning Ch1 on and off? So as to get rid of the dot comand? This I think would be helpful for those like Slapshot who wish to give a quick "" talk about the fight ect and then return to flying.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2004, 10:39:04 AM »
Ultimately it comes down to being an adult and acting as such.

The idiots that insist upon goading and smack talk are usually among the best pilots in the game and don't seem to think anything exists outside of thier space.

Bring channell 1 back--pick respectable moderators---raise the ban from channell 1 to 48 hrs and the crap will end.

Offline GaBBeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2004, 10:39:49 AM »
Ello Morph. Love your flowers ;)

I actually haven't been around in a while and I moved from Norwich, CT (kind of near New Haven but up further) to Maryland, near D.C. within the past year.

But I can't believe this about CH1, that's such BS. See, that's why you shouldnt have just a handful of people with power, tends to become a dictatorship. Perhaps this game needs Mods now that it is so large. And I think people who abuse Ch1 should have some sort of ban, be it temp or perm, not from game, but from chan. You could have it reported and can just skim the logs for it. Easy.

How about I join HiTech, I think I've got good fresh ideas, eh?

Offline GaBBeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2004, 10:43:26 AM »
Heeey, just realised you're at UCONN. There BB team is doing great. Although in a whole I didn't really like CT that much, wasn't really much to do.. Oh I also lived real close to New London (closer than to New Haven when was like an 45mins away).

Went to a few parties up at UCONN though, those were fun :)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2004, 10:45:26 AM »
Gabber your from CT? where abouts?

Well I understand what you are saying slapshot. But ultimatly the choice is yours as to weather or not Ch1 is seen. It doesnt have to be on for you or anyone else al of the time. And you can turn it on and off at will. Just as you can now. Only this way, it will be off by default when you enter the game.

I've also come up with another idea here to add to the ease of turning Ch1 off and on.

Hitech is there a way to make a hot key for turning Ch1 on and off? So as to get rid of the dot comand? This I think would be helpful for those like Slapshot who wish to give a quick "" talk about the fight ect and then return to flying.

No No No No Morph.

The premise is to segregate/move topical conversations to the appropriate channel.

I don't want to turn off Ch 1 (200) until I need to throw a <>.

I like to read the comical/friendly conversations that some have, and also LMAO at some good-hearted ribbing that goes on between two adversaries, who are friends, and just had a good fight.

What make me want to puke is the ...

foul-mouthed smack talk arguments, ethnic, political, religious, world event, or world history discussions.

If someone wants to talk about motorcylces and feels the need to discuss the merits or lack thereof between ricers and hogs, then take that crap to Ch 208.

Take this crap somewhere else ... thats the point.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2004, 11:03:58 AM »
Originally posted by sax
Ultimately it comes down to being an adult and acting as such.

The idiots that insist upon goading and smack talk are usually among the best pilots in the game and don't seem to think anything exists outside of thier space.

Bring channell 1 back--pick respectable moderators---raise the ban from channell 1 to 48 hrs and the crap will end.

Dealing with the closing sentence.

WHY has this not already been done?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.