Author Topic: Please return open channel  (Read 12505 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Please return open channel
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2004, 01:17:39 PM »
For a poll about this to be useful, you'd have to include people who canceled their subscription and people who decided not to subscribe after their trial was up.

Offline Gruuug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2004, 01:38:14 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
Well....Since Channel 1 is now permanently disabled....or so it seems....

I will be using channel 200 when I tune into the arena...if it gets bad then Ill turn it off...just as I did with channel 1.

I dont see a difference here....aside from the fact that there is no "OPEN CHANNEL".  If folks want to talk on an open freq then I guess 200 it is.

Am I missing something?????:confused:

No, I don't think you are.  

Most of the players want to talk to each other, and with players from other sides.  So most of the players will be tuned into channel 200.

The trash talk will continue, but on 200 instead of one.  The people that didn't want to hear it before still won't, but those that want to talk have to go through additional steps.

Its just moving the problem, not solving anything.  And in this case there isn't anything that can be solved.  I think the cure is worse than the problem, personally.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2004, 01:48:14 PM »
LMFAO..

mugz and the other ,inguine spinned...whatever pol party u pick..(liberal)..lol

you guys have been wacthing WAYYYY too much Oprah..

stop being such panzies...

FLY YOUR FRIKN PLANE.....Stop reading,,]

again..why do you hav eso much tiem to read?...You must be rook..In a Gay bar,.,,,Grabn asss..

Maybe if you werent climn to 20+k to  go purse swingn into a furball..you wouldn tbe so "offended"...lmfao..

cant beleive there are such sissies in here..

Remeber..Stiks and stones .....Words will never hurt me..

Dam..I play often..and have never cried becuase of text 1..

again...Must be alot of Lgay Drivers cryn...lololol

Some sort of Purse swingn Safty Sallies in here..

grow a pair..

ooooooohhhh BiGBs sooo mean...  Ban him!!

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2004, 01:49:45 PM »
just do what i do, i never talk on ch1 and completely ignore it.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2004, 02:16:21 PM »
I don't think Channel 1 was squelched because someone was being a panzy.  The thing to remember is there are children playing this game.  It seems the majority of the time channel 1 is nothing but folks insulting each other.  Granted you have that 20% or more of chat that is civil but the rest is garbage.

Slapshots idea is sound the only problem is you'll still have folks who will abuse the system.  I myself will tune one channel to 200 for use because I do enjoy having the option of giving salutes.  

I'm not sure if it's possible to do but what about a . command function for salutes?  .Salute CPID.  With something like this you have the option of still showing your respect for the other pilot but it's controlled so some won't abuse the chat buffer.  I think having moderators for the channels would help some but you'd have to ensure they won't abuse their power given to them and you'd have to have alot of them.

Alot of the folks who are saying don't watch Channel 1 if you don't like whats being said are rather amusing.  Maybe if those who constantly abuse channel 1 grew up some then it wouldn't be gone now.  Folks are constantly talking trash, cussing, and belittling eachother on that channel.  I wouldn't want my kids to be reading that crap.  I think thats a major reason it's gone because kids do play this game.  It's amazing how some of the kids are more mature than the adults are when it comes to channel 1.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2004, 02:20:59 PM »
BGB, what's really sad is that I thought your first post was being satirical and I now realize it wasn't.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2004, 02:32:15 PM »
Eh ... anyone who can't live without channel one prolly can't live without reality tv.

Pyro .... can channel one be turned into streaming media radio? All Elvis ... all the time?

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2004, 02:32:23 PM »
BGB your behavior is the type of thing which killed channel 1.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2004, 05:14:55 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
just do what i do, i never talk on ch1 and completely ignore it.

lol your kidding right? ;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2004, 05:49:51 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Again.. well thought out! WTG. I just came from MA in AH2.
13 Bish
11 Nits
14 Rooks
I went to each country and type this question twice per counrty. "Is anyone tuned to 200 or an open channel?"
Results are as follows.
0 Bish
0 Nits
0 Rooks
Seems to indicate a certian something about (Open Channel squelch opinion).:aok
And No, i dont think a poll should decide nor do i expect HT to work on poll's. However this is the result i expected to get.  The oppisite is true.

Granted alot arent but I was on just alittle while ago
Anyways most of the folks were on 200
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2004, 06:13:41 PM »
I don't think half the people in this thread get it.

Chan 1 was/is preset by the game. As a result HTC is responsible for what happens there. People who log in are tuned to it, and automaticly see whats coming across the radio buffer. Good, bad, ugly, fuggly nasty or otherwise.

On the other hand, if you have to SELECT channel 200 to hear cross country talk.  Thats a choice YOU made, HT is no longer responsible for what happens on that channel.  You are, you made that choice.  I suspect it also means he can ignore whats said on it.

I also think it  means he no longer has to worry about language filters & mods on open channel.

Channel 2 is a bit more debatable.

My advice, if you don't want to lose channel 2 like we just lost channel 1, you best KEEP IT CLEAN!  In short the community needs to police itself on country channels.  And it needs to back each other up when it happens.

If that means everyone on knights squelches gameid456 so be it.  They'll figure it out fast enough.

Course all the above is just my 2 cents.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2004, 06:15:37 PM »
After scanning 2 pages of this topic, it appears that the common sense shown by HTC will prevail and the reasons for the change have been confirmed.

I also think the additional step of making range vox selectable (on/off) would also improve the gameplay atmosphere. I believe the vulgarity, racial slurs and bizarre behavior by those using it as a personal conversation tool detracts from the game. There are people who use stand-alone mics with speakers and have children running around the house and computer.

HTC is a private enterprise and I applaud your move to take back control of your product from the obnoxious minority who have tried to hijack it, and return it to the majority for our enjoyment. In the long-run, I believe it to be a sound business decision and you will be rewarded with increased subscriptions.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll find a creative solution to all of this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 06:19:41 PM by Rolex »

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2004, 06:51:44 PM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
No channel one reminds me of the Linguine Spinned Liberals in this country..

whaaaaaaaaa ..its mean..

oMG that sis so frikn gay...I hav emeet many ftrs from the other countyr which i like...and have a great tiem fiting with...moprhues..STFU.......S lowhand..and the rest..now i cant call them out to get a beating soemwhere...

Really is amazing if it was cut off becosue of trash talk...What the hell are we ghere for..Fiting and talking....

Might as well be a box game next...

Anyone who gets riled up about channel one is..Linguine spinned..grow a pair..

Or liek I said before...Dont be Like a rook in a gay bar...STOP GRABN SO HARD...the figths are nto at 20+k

AND ..dammit man!!..its a BETA..hard enuff to find figths already...I guess ..getting back bug reports is getting not as important?...I cant beleive tht

anyways..see u on 200

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Is that you again Franko ?

http://www.mytrailerpark.com/
I come from a land downunder

Offline boogs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2004, 08:05:35 PM »
BOOGA

0 cents worth,
well it seems ch 1 is kaput, which seems a real shame.
Of course I understand everyone's point and since I've been in and out  since 1.04 , in H2H that is ,(still canna fly for sh*t) I really didn't know Ch 1 was so controversal in MA.
All I can say is since AHII, Ch1 has been integral in my desicion to  aquire an account, threefold...

..a greater undertanding of the game

..a feeling of camaraderie (will change my moniker to Dweeb)

..and last but not least, quite a lot of the time i recieve no answer from the country I'm flying for....

And now reading my own lines above I do realise that this is all possible within team talk, though with limitations....

And so to Ch 200, and a small request concerning this..is it possible to change the text colour?
It may seem a frivolous request, what can I say, it bugs me.....

AHII, I love it and promote it, congrats HTC...

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2004, 08:08:08 PM »
LOL Slapshot! Classic :D

Here's an IDEA.

Why doesnt Hitech make Ch1 off by default. And when one enters the game, he or she has the option of turning it on or off?

Seeing as we are looking, already, for new channels to talk on. Why not keep the one we already had (Channel 1)  but make it an option and a physical choice to turn it on when one enters the game or at any point during your on line time???
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.