Author Topic: Suggestion on perk values..  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Suggestion on perk values..
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2004, 12:52:26 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
A little correction here :)
I think the 1st mass usage of the Typhoon was by the Firebird ... and ahem... I did lead this "mission" :D
Fariz was in the Firebird at this time :)

Yup, good times back then!  Straffo, Spooky 67, Dudule, nonoht were part of Firebirds 'Alsace' flight! :)
NEXX

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2004, 01:10:18 PM »
The Firebird's in typhoons were great fun fights nothing like what came after..........

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2004, 01:15:54 PM »
Originally posted by Batz
The Firebird's in typhoons were great fun fights nothing like what came after..........

True to a certain extent.  Originally a 'squad night' plane with perhaps from 8 - 16 Typhoon's and then when missions started getting posted (any time during week rather than squadnight) anything up to 40 people!
NEXX

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Batz
Dweeb :p

yep :)

But I do think it was fun for all sides as the number where not too enormous it was about 20 pilots ...

Plus augering was a good way to be laughted at by fellow squadies during some evening after :D

Nexx I'm still in touch with Spooky who might be back for AH2 ,Dudule is still stuck in his B1Bis somewhere in the north of France and might be back to but unfortunatly I've no news of nonoht :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 02:00:16 PM by straffo »

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2004, 06:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa

Ironically Mugz, if they don't care about WW2 ac in the first place,
Originally posted by mugzeee
If anyone thinks the vast majority plays AH for the romance of the WWII AC ..your Nuts.

Escuse me..where did i say they Dont care which AC they fly?
The point is that most dont romance WWII AC like you do. Its a Kill game for them. So yes.. they do care that they fly a plane they are comfortable in. End result. Big 5
In the grand schem of the MA, they dont give a hoot about the grade of bolts that were used to attach the wing thats keeping them aloft. They simply want to come home from a hard days work. Sit down with a cool beverage and Kill Something! They dont want to be bothered with thinking "how many perks do i have?" "Or how many do i have to spend?" Nope, They just want to hit the FLY button and go for a kill. Thats the game thats the way its played by the majority. It a time for having fun. Not for "doing the math" everytime they want to fly. while you may find this fun..I would bet my life MOST dont want to be bothered with such annoyances.
then they might not as well care what they fly and fight with - so is there any reason to feel left out when more planes are perked? Well, according to you they don't care what they fly. Since the perks are applied universally, then everybody is in the same condition.

So, what's anyone got to lose?

Looks to me that YOU are the one who said players dont care what they fly. Putting words in someones mouth is unbecoming :(

Some do, some don't. Whatever reason they fly for is a moot point. Who care why they fly what? All I'm caring is that they feel urged to try different things and enjoy many aircraft for different tasks. They don't want to do that? Then fine. Pay 3 points and fly it all the time.
[/qoute]

Sorry but which is it? You do care what they fly, or you dont? This paragraph along with you perk proposal indicates that you most definenly DO care what other players fly,. So much so, that you are devising a way to manipulate them into planes of your choosing. Otherwise you wouldnt have spent so much time stating your case.
Making everyone pay perks for every ride is ludicrist.
You seem to think it will "Balance" the MA.
Im simply saying that from the stand point of the average players point of view. It imposses something on them they wont like and isnt going "Balance" "MA Game Play" What it will do is to stir the pot and Piss ppl off. Again. Seems that someone is always trying to impose their idea of fun on others.
Ive said my peice................. OUT! :)
I guess my point is that IMO you proposal is "Moot" and Much to do about nothing.
Salute and happy hunting :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 05:50:24 AM by Mugzeee »

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2004, 08:43:13 PM »
i seen the 38 perk thingie, i hope you were kidding.  i understand the large ord load and all, but like others have said, no other variants(which may be changed in the near future:D ), be rather harsh. besides
The P-38L has 4191 kills and has been killed 5119 times
  thats this tour so far.  not so good.

as far as the idea, i like it, new perk values would be nice.  prolly a good time to adjust them as well.
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2004, 11:07:32 PM »
I stand corrected. Firebird's it is!

:D

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2004, 02:04:55 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
A little correction here :)
I think the 1st mass usage of the Typhoon was by the Firebird ... and ahem... I did lead this "mission" :D
Fariz was in the Firebird at this time :)

This is true. Typhoon mission was not my invention. It was started by Firebirds at their squad nights and lead by different DCO each night, including me.

It was funny to hear all the whining, specially when it was 50 b26s mission for a high bases capture. Looked nice indeed. :)

I also have a screenshots of a goons mission which takes base defended by about 10 fighters and several gvs in a town :) BTW, massive goons mission was a Ripsnort invention also.

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2004, 12:57:15 PM »
the underlying problem that a lot of the older vets recognize is that a country does not need a good A2A population to be successful.

In fact air superiority has become completely irrelevant. As Kweassa aptly points out, wave after wave of base porkers with no motivation to survive is unstoppable.

The irony is that currently HTC has an aircombat sim where aircombat skills are useless in winning "the war".
Hornet

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2004, 01:16:24 PM »
This whole "winning the war" business has really gotten out of hand.  Clouds of unopposed fighters isn't too much fun for anybody, well unless that is all you know.  This takes away from the air combat dimension and places emphasis on something else.  Whether that is a good or bad thing depends on you point of view - and maybe how long you have played flight sims.  The kids are into a different style and level of play than the older folks.