Author Topic: Deleted my account  (Read 8958 times)

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2004, 10:54:26 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Mosq, I couldn't even SEE planes at 600-800.  They were specks.

Now we are getting somewhere. What video resolution are you running in AHII?

Go offline and try 1024x768, or even 800x600. At 800x600 the planes are huge.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2004, 11:34:46 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
And for those that think it's easy to take a Mustang and do what Steve consistanty does, you are kidding yourselves.

Laz, you think you could match Steve's K/D , hit % or K/T in a p-51? It's not the plane, it's the pilot. Not a lot of people can get the results that Steve consistantly does in a P-51.
Bollocks, NUKE.

Those last two sentences contradict each other. You say that it's the pilot not the plane, and then quickly add that not many can do what Steve does in a P51, ie. you qualify the plane type having just said that it's the pilot that counts, not the plane. I once checked Steve's stats for other planes - particularly with regard to k/d, and found they were not much different from mine - worse in some cases. I agree with Lazs and I don't fly P51 for the reasons Lazs says: The P51 is the plane of choice for those who don't want to compete on an even basis. (Except in AH, there are so many others that pick the P51 that many fights will be P51 v P51.)

I say again - in WB the last time I flew the P51 I got a 27 kill streak and never even got pinged in the whole session. It was easy as pie. The only reason I was flying it was because of squad night, and I even asked my CO a little later if I could switch to F4U so that I could have a plane that provided a challenge.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Deleted my account
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2004, 11:42:02 AM »
I didn't contradict myself with those last sentences Beetle, they actually support what I said.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2004, 12:33:04 PM »
particularly with regard to k/d, and found they were not much different from mine - worse in some cases.

Beet, that's because w/ the other planes I do things like up capped bases, even vulched ones to get instant action...something I've never seen you do.

Now... you will have to have a little more SA...

My Sa was always fine, thanks.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2004, 12:34:07 PM »
Go offline and try 1024x768, or even 800x600. At 800x600 the planes are huge.

Wait a second, are you kidding me?  people were telling me to turn my resolution up!  I had it at the second highest, then highest setting.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2004, 12:35:47 PM »
say again - in WB the last time I flew the P51 I got a 27 kill streak and never even got pinged in the whole session. It was easy as pie. The only reason I was flying it was because of squad night, and I even asked my CO a little later if I could switch to F4U so that I could have a plane that provided a challenge.

Flying w/ a whole squad.  You did it once... wow.  I challeneged you time and again to do it in AH, you always ignored me or shrugged it off.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2004, 12:38:43 PM »
T-bolt may be right though, maybe i'm a gamer and not a "simmer". Simmers love all that micromanaging of flight, I  wasn't into all that. I'd like to have a beer while flying around shooting at pixels and goofing in the text buffer.
 And, since this is a flight "sim" maybe in that regard AHII is a step forward and I'm just a dinosaur.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Deleted my account
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2004, 12:39:22 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Wait a second, are you kidding me?  people were telling me to turn my resolution up!  I had it at the second highest, then highest setting.

crap Steve, higher rez=smaller objects.

See you flying soon then?

And Beetle is full of carp. I was going to go into a more detailed defence of your skills, but it's not worth it.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2004, 12:43:41 PM »
Nuke, don't sweat it.  Beetle and I have gone rounds on this before. He's a good chap, just a little misinformed.  I'm gonna wring his neck if he doesn't get that last sig line off though.

Edit:  could I have doen something hasty or rash?  You and Mosq are saying the planes and not just the text of the icons get bigger in smaller resolution?
 Lol for those of you that know me, you know I am quite capable of this.  You also know that when I feel I have made a mistake I admit it and take my lumps.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Deleted my account
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2004, 12:48:45 PM »
yep, you made a mistake dik-nose.

Steve I know you so well that I predict you will be flying tonight :D

I like Beetle too b.t.w.

Call me about the trip if you get a chance.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2004, 12:51:48 PM »
I noticed last night that my aim was off a bit; lots of assists or near-misses that baffled me. So I went off-line, turned on tracers, and adjusted my aim and convergence based on what I saw.

Todd.

I still had my convergence at 375-350-325.  where did you finally settle on?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2004, 12:59:08 PM »
Nuke, Mosq, etal.  so just to be clear:  If I had set my resolution lower the planes/objects would have gotten bigger, not just text?

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2004, 01:02:20 PM »
If I remember correctly when he came on he said he had dropped everything to 200 yards.

Steve, you put a few hours in I swear you'll like it.  Give it a week, drink your beer and give it a shot.

Make sure it's cheep beer and you won't have a problem.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2004, 01:04:19 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
when Steve does come back, it wont take long (IMO) before he will be landing 10 and 15 kills in his mustang again.  
Not shooting at 600yds+ he won't. :D

Steve, you know I love you too.

But if you're as good as NUKE says you are, you're quite capable of adjusting to AH2. I cannot believe that you of all people would simply bag it. You should confine your running to your P51. :lol;):)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2004, 01:06:02 PM »
Beet, I'm not speaking to you til you get that last sig off.  I make a big enough boob of myself on my own without your help.