Author Topic: Cutting Aid to Israel  (Read 5179 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2004, 01:38:53 AM »
Both.
I gave full credit for the US settled peace between Isreal and Egypt. And disdain towards the Isrealies for squandering it.

You apperently dont think manning the front lines in the Golan and the Gaza strip count for anything for peace.  None of that counts for anything.  Only deep pockets uncle sam with is MAP loans means anything. Never mind that those same map lones are also part of the problem.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 01:42:11 AM by Pongo »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2004, 01:41:06 AM »
Israel is evil, let's kill them before their evil message and doctrine spreads into the middle east!.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2004, 01:44:41 AM »
Someone is lonely Toad. Tell him you love him.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2004, 04:49:48 AM »
hi pongo.
that will be the right way to act if you want to see the situation degrades to chaos.

allso the main reason the army is deployed, is to stop terrorist infiltrating in to israel.
but you are right, the army is protecting those settlements, (with an abusred and ridiculous force) there are around 100 soldiers watching about 10 families. :(
those settlements have to go, and they WILL go, eventually.

you must understand the difficullty of uprooting them. and that it takes time.

xrtoronto.
those jews are part of the orthodox faction in the Judaism and they belive that the holyland must be kept untouched untill god approves, and every man maid action in the holyland prevents redemption. this is why they dont want israel to exist.

about 90% of the jews that lived in israel (the area not the country) before 1880 (this is when the first "ali'ya") where those jews, and they all lived in the 4 holy cities. where they dedicated theirs lifes for studying, and lived from donations.

thats only the tip of the iceberg, but i think it summarized the issue.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2004, 05:05:12 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
so if Jews lived there and no country existed ( Except Israel in ancient times) who's land is it?

Israel is the ONLY nation in history that existed there.

Completly wrong.

Proven by just reading the bible, what people occupied the holy land  before the arrival of the jew ?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2004, 05:13:44 AM »
Originally posted by Flyboy

those jews are part of the orthodox faction in the Judaism and they belive that the holyland must be kept untouched untill god approves, and every man maid action in the holyland prevents redemption. this is why they dont want israel to exist.

about 90% of the jews that lived in israel (the area not the country) before 1880 (this is when the first "ali'ya") where those jews, and they all lived in the 4 holy cities. where they dedicated theirs lifes for studying, and lived from donations.

thats only the tip of the iceberg, but i think it summarized the issue.

Really the tip of the Iceberg :)

Just put an Achkenaze and a Sépharade in the same room
:)

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2004, 08:10:08 AM »
lol, its been said before that for any 2 jews there are 3 different opinions

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2004, 08:17:47 AM »
pongo- i never said illegal settlements save israely lifes. read my post again.

ravells.

first, it will create a vacum in the evacuated territories which terrorist organizations will quickly fill (take for example the hizballa in S. lebanon)

i dont know but its better to bomb vacuum full of terrorist rather that villages full of people isnt it ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 08:46:03 AM by lada »

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2004, 03:21:45 PM »
I remember a similar post on this topic about two months ago or so. Somebody mentioned something about us Military aid precluding the Israeli armed forces from installing certain improvements on the equipment they received.

Does anyone have a followup or a source on this statement?

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2004, 04:35:36 PM »
hi Capt. pork

the first thing that goes up my mind is the "LAVI" project - a israeli jet fighter that was developed up to the stage of a flying prototype (2 actually).

after a considerable preasure from the US the project was canceled.
which is a pitty IMHO, its such a beutiful plane.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2004, 04:59:47 PM »
I think the UN manning the front lines in Golan is like everything else they do. It'll work right up until the time the shooting starts again.

I think the "buyout" worked far better and with far greater overall effect.

Let's see... UNDOF (UNITED NATIONS DISENGAGEMENT FORCE) deployed to Syrian Golan Heights starting June 1974.

Given the history of the area, the continual wars that were fought by the Arabs against the Israelis do you think it was the UN forces in the Golan that stopped further wars?

Or do you think it was the fact that the Israelis stomped them in the Yom Kippur war that led to peace for a while?

Or do you think it was the US buying Egypt out of the Arab wars against Israel that finally brought an end to the wars? I mean, all the Arabs together couldn't do it. What hope did/does Syria have in the Golan without Egyptian support on another flank?

Besides, we do BOTH.

Since the inception of the Multinational Force and Observers in the Sinai, we've kept an infantry battalion, a support battalion and an HQ there. ~700+ men. Canada has ~30 there, btw.

So how about this. We'll buy Egypt out of the war business and keep ~700 guys in the Sinai. You guys go ahead and have YOUR taxpayers buy Syria out of the war business and keep a battalion in the Golan.

Sounds fair, right? Let me know when you get it done.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2004, 05:53:07 PM »
hi Capt. pork

the first thing that goes up my mind is the "LAVI" project - a israeli jet fighter that was developed up to the stage of a flying prototype (2 actually).

Its very similary with Gripen. :)

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2004, 05:55:17 PM »
hi Capt. pork

Bares a resemblence to the f-16, no?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2004, 06:19:11 PM »
Toad. You have the whole world in your hands. Nothing anyone else does matters at all. You write a check and the worlds axis changes. Sorry I wasted my time in the middle east.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Cutting Aid to Israel
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2004, 09:48:06 AM »
Yeah, our taxpayers PAID (and are still paying) for the peace between Egypt and Israel AND our soldiers do the same type of peacekeeping duty there in the Sinai that the Canadians do in the Golan.

It must really bug you that we continually do more, eh?

Your time in peacekeeping operations has been matched by a huge number of American soldiers. Cripes, we've had 37,000 (or more) soldiers on UN peacekeeping duties in Korea for ~ 50 years.

I salute Canada and the rest for doing what they can. But the continual implication that the US doesn't contribute is very tiresome. We do quite a lot, in fact we do more; we do what others can't or won't.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 12:09:51 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!