Author Topic: Worst thing EVAR about AHII  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
Worst thing EVAR about AHII
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2004, 01:35:48 PM »
not necessarily true about the damage.

Alot of times, ive been too lazy to lower my gear and get my hellcat to slow down, so I come in at 300 miles an hour on the strip wheels up. I lose a wing, a tail, anything. When I come to a stop, I get a nice "You have landed safely" as long as im on the strip.

Offline Adogg

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2004, 01:41:53 PM »
...and that's stupid. And a serious flaw in the way landings are scored.

You'd also stand a good chance of not surviving if you'd done that in real life.

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2004, 04:28:01 PM »
Well... ive been in a crashed Cessna, and I survived that one! So I figure my Hellcat can do it too! lol

But you know what they say....

"Any landing you walk away from is a good one!" :aok

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2004, 03:04:47 AM »
After reading this post, nowhere did anyone address GV landings.  

Usually, the fly guys forget about the Ostwinds that have been parked just off the runway or other spots around the area protecting their airfield.  And then gets his engine shot out or track shot off.  Your Ostwind is now "Ditched".  And if Ostwinds just park on the runway, you invite bombers to blow you up in one nice little line.  This "You have ditched", or "You have crashed" while on a friendly base is wrong.  Tanks don't land, and don't ditch, but are bound by aircraft rules.  If I am on a friendly base, be it in the grass or on the runway, I should be allowed to safely land my kills.  This should also go for towns.

If you belly land your plane and rip it to shreds on the runway, you get your kill points.  If you land a brand new plane with no fuel 6" off the runway, you loose your kills.

For a GV, if you drive all the way to town to protect it, you have to drive all the way back to the field to land your kills.  Driving for 20 minutes with a shot out turret is always fun.  Especially when a single strafe with .303s or 20mm rounds takes out the 15mm to 80mm armor turret that 75mm AP rounds couldn't.  You use to be able to land your kills by parking in the Map room in town.  From what I found, you can't do that any more.

Friendly fields, friendly GV bases or friendly towns should allow successful landings within the confines of the perimeter.  There is always a tow bar around to move your plane after you are in the tower, or a tow truck to take a disabled vehicle back to the garage.

LTARsqrl  

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2004, 04:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by -MZ-
If you're in enemy territory, you get captured.

Uh not always.. pigs took a base about a week ago and an enemy tank landed his kills there about five minutes or so after we captured it, funny thing was he landed at least 2k out from anything. I think I have a film of that one somewhere...
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2004, 05:15:53 AM »
If a base is not under attack (flashing), you can land succssfully.  That is just another thing that is weird.

LTARsqrl  

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2004, 05:16:01 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
ATTN, ATTN the worst thing ever. This bug must be fixed now.

AHII Says You have ditched instead it positivly has to read

:rolleyes:

HiTech

Look at it this way HT, if that's the worst thing ever, you sure gotta pretty good game. ;)

PS... And get a SENCE OF HUMAR would ya? :p

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2004, 05:41:59 AM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
For a GV, if you drive all the way to town to protect it, you have to drive all the way back to the field to land your kills.
Now I thought a member of LTAR would know, you can land your kills at a town - as long as you are parked on one of the 'roads' in the town before you end flight.  :)  

I also spend a lot of time in GVs, and one of the first things I do is make sure I am parked up on a town road, or any hard surface on a field before switching my engine off.  If I'm on an airfield, I usually aim for one of the rearm pads which will give me a chance to rearm as well as get a safe landing if I become immobilised.  I very rarely get a ditch in a GV.  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2004, 05:48:01 AM »
Originally posted by twitchy
funny thing was he landed at least 2k out from anything.
He probably landed at a friendly spawn point.... it is possible, I've often done it myself.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2004, 06:01:46 AM »
Flossy, my computer fried a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't had time to play since AHII went live.  That is good news about the hard surface landings.

As for parking on the re-arm pads, FYI, when I fly, I look at the re-arm pads for easy multiple kills.  If you park on the R&R pad and anyone else goes to use it, one bomb equals two kills.  Seen it happen many times.  That is why I ask others not to park and stay there.  Just spells disaster to anyone else that needs to R&R.  Use it and move.  You don't have to travel across the base.  Just don't huddle in one spot.

LTARsqrl  

:aok

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2004, 06:20:41 AM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
As for parking on the re-arm pads, FYI, when I fly, I look at the re-arm pads for easy multiple kills.  
Yep, I realise that does happen - but most of the time it works out OK for me and I end up landing multiple kills.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2004, 06:26:51 AM »
Ive noticed it IS easier to get plane safe landing at v-base now....not likely if ya belly in tho  (but if ya land with gas or bullets left, ya aint tryin hard enough)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2004, 10:23:52 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Ive noticed it IS easier to get plane safe landing at v-base now....not likely if ya belly in tho  (but if ya land with gas or bullets left, ya aint tryin hard enough)

If my plane is damaged or nearly out of gas, I check to see if a v-base is closer than an airfield. All you have to do is roll within the field parimeter to get a successful landing. Besides, unless you absolutely need to see your name in the text buffer, a ditch is perfectly adequate result. On big maps, I would deliberately ditch to avoid wasting time transiting.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.