Author Topic: Al-Jazeera: Terrorist Mouthpiece or News?  (Read 3059 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Al-Jazeera: Terrorist Mouthpiece or News?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2004, 09:47:23 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
Yeah, I guess hitting them between 0800 and 0900 on a
weekday was just a happy coincidence?   I mean who would
expect alot of civvies to be in a building full of civilian businesses
at that time of day?:rolleyes:

Dont try to argue with him Rino, he is beyond help in this matter...  The man actually considers 911 terrorists and US soldiers morally comporable - to him they are only different in the weapons they use..

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2004, 10:00:11 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
i doubt 9/11 was all about killing as many americans as possible. It was an attack on the american way of life. Why do you think they attacked the world trade center when they could have attacked a shopping mall or a football stadium or any other place were large crowds are gathered.

Heh ask an assshole a question, expect an assshole reply.

Nilsen is on a roll tonight...

:aok

*insert Twin Towers pic here*

Should we draw you a f**kin picture?... or would it be different if this was Oslo?

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 10:08:32 PM by AWMac »

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2004, 11:30:23 PM »
Congrats, Nilson. Your the first person I've ever put on my ignore list. Though I like reading opposing opinions, your either a kid or a troll, and I can't be bothered with either.

Do me a favor, when you visit the US again, Nilson...

Don't.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2004, 12:42:07 AM »
for not being in NY on 9/11/01 or Iraq today, mr norway sure knows everything about both

please continue oh enlightened one...tell us how we are just like the terrorists who murder innocents at every turn
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2004, 02:00:17 AM »
i doubt 9/11 was all about killing as many americans as possible. It was an attack on the american way of life. Why do you think they attacked the world trade center when they could have attacked a shopping mall or a football stadium or any other place were large crowds are gathered.

Bingo. The targets were largely symbolic. There are much better ways to kill thousands or tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands. Just goes to show how short-sighted the Al Qaeda are.

Let's just hope that the DHS has been wargaming the worst-case scenarios... and don't delude yourselves. It could have been MUCH worse.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 02:03:47 AM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2004, 02:11:43 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Repeating the hatred of Al-Queda ... is the moral equivalent of yelling fire in a theatre or the incitement of a riot.

It all depends on the context.
sand

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2004, 03:59:09 AM »
Hmmm where did AlQuaida got the idea to attack civilian buildings?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2004, 04:05:31 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz

The sad part is that Nilsen is right and you all don't get it. The WTC and Pentagon were fitting symbolic targets for what Al Quada considers powers that meddle in Middle Eastern affairs, and people from 80 different countries were killed in the terrorist attacks. The WTC was a major centre of international commerce, including oil trade. A coincidence? I think not. The buildings themselves and what they represent was the target ... the people were just a bonus.

And I suppose Al Qaeda's plans to down doizens of airliners over the pacific were ment to bankrupt the airline industry?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2004, 04:10:16 AM »
yeah.

Think abou this for a minute.. IF the western world for some reason wanted to attack the muslims were it hurt them most... Would "we" hit a market in large town to kill the most muslims? or would we hit muslim symbols like mosques and other religius symbols?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2004, 04:10:33 AM »
I think Al-Jazeera is the Islamic version of The National Enquirer...journalisticly speaking.
Sorry to jump in this late and hijack the thread.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2004, 04:12:49 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
And I suppose Al Qaeda's plans to down doizens of airliners over the pacific were ment to bankrupt the airline industry?

No, but we al saw what happened after 911 and what happens when airplanes are targeted. Its spreads fear, and i bet you know what happens to the economy when these things happen. Remember the airlines that went bancrupt and what hapended with stocks?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2004, 04:12:50 AM »
yeah.

Think abou this for a minute.. IF the western world for some reason wanted to attack the muslims were it hurt them most... Would "we" hit a market in large town to kill the most muslims? or would we hit muslim symbols like mosques and other religius symbols?

We would kill all of them if it ever came to that, take out the largest population centers.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2004, 04:13:27 AM »
We would kill all of them if it ever came to that, take out the largest population centers.

No.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2004, 04:19:52 AM »

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2004, 04:23:28 AM »
So if the west was in some some sort of bizzare religious fanatic war aginst the muslim world we wouldnt take out their biggest population centers?

My understanding of your qestion was what would the west do if they were al qaeda.

My answer was, we would wipe out their biggest population centers ( I suppose implying use of our nukes)

Al qaeda and succesors  would do and will try to do the same when they succeed in getting a nuke...

Does anyone seriously disagree with this hypothetical assesement?