Author Topic: Terrorist enjoy the Phillipines cowardice  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Terrorist enjoy the Phillipines cowardice
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2004, 06:50:25 PM »
john9001, that's a provocative idea ... head count would take on an entirely new significance ...

but WE of course would be severely criticized because WE cannot be like THEM, who generally do whatever they want with their one-voice rabid media who support THEM,

unlike our news media, who in the alleged interest of fairness and equal time wind up doing the terrorists' publicity work while emphasizing the negative aspects of the positive things WE are trying to do.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2004, 06:57:26 PM »
SW you made the sig bigger?

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2004, 07:11:16 PM »
Originally posted by mietla
smart bellybutton is exactly what I meant.

When you are trying to inflate your own self-image by smugly correcting other people's grammar, spelling and phrases they use, you better work on your language abilities first.

1st off I didn't correct his spellin or grammar....

2nd....fug off

and....mange de la merde espece de con

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2004, 07:13:45 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I doubt he meant that, I mean you=me=americans as opposed to a canadian like him. Right slo?

yup....or non-muslim(guess I should of used that instead)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 07:17:55 PM by SLO »

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2004, 07:21:24 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Surely you arent saying that these guys just like to chop heads with no real hope of a greater political result?  That makes no sense. Of course they will be encouraged by the Philipine pullout... Its their first direct victory with this tactic...

I dont mean to get hung up on your view of the word "because" but simple logic says that the head choppers now have evidence that their tactic works and as rational human beings they will use it more and with more confidence.

actually plenty of them chop heads because theyre brutal bastards. chechen terrorists have been recording the torture and killing of russian soldiers for quite some time.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2004, 07:31:29 PM »
Yeah, before it didn't occupy a whole page and then some when scrolling. I forsee it shall grow exponentially until, well, until I no longer have control over it. Then it will burrow into people's minds, and all they shall see at night is an uber long signature of dashes.
-SW

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2004, 07:31:58 PM »
Yes, cause and effect, that is what I meant, I stand corrected, the exact term slipped my mind, but I think the principal I was getting at was understood.  

Better to have a point and make it, even if not worded just right, then not have a point and only be able to attack grammar.

The point is made, terrorist have now learned they can have an effect on a nations resolve, on a nations fortitude with brutal acts of savegery.  More will follow.  When the United States was attacked,  we stood up, stood together and went after those who would attack us.   When Spain was attacked, and now the Phillipines held hostage with the threat of one death, they crumbled.  

Two tragedies here.  Loss of national pride for some, no matter the "why", and terrorists brutal tactics are rewarded.

Shakespeare said "Cowards die a thousand deaths. The valiant taste of death but once.".

At least he got it.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2004, 07:47:47 PM »
please get it right, I did not attack your grammar, you posted saying CAUSE and REACTION, in other words CAUSE and AFFECT.

but then I got corrected with CAUSE and AFFECT(don't get me wrong, cause and EFFECT is correct, but so is cause and AFFECT)

one is a Psychological Principal the other is just a term(hmm can't seem too type what I mean...oh well)

yup it is better to have a point and make it, but understanding is much more critical.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004, 07:50:35 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
"Cowards die a thousand deaths. The valiant taste of death but once.".

dago

sure tell that to the dieing....

'Hey man your a Hero, your only gonna die once'

its poetry Dago, words to embellish the cause

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2004, 07:51:18 PM »
Whatever,  the other guys "understood" what I was getting at, and since you immediatly referenced the principal I was referring to, I would guess you did to.  

Pretty lame SLO.  

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2004, 07:58:45 PM »
You seem to be unfamiliar with the term "it's the principal of the thing".

Sometimes standing up for principal is not easy, but there are times when it must be done, despite the possible cost.  Everytime someone stood up for principal, stood up for liberty, they did so at great risk.  The rewards are the freedoms and liberty those of us in the "free world" now enjoy and hold dear.

Any history book and provide many many examples.  Like the nations that stood up to Hitler even though they were not under direct attack.

The Minute Men of our nations birth and the Founding Fathers, these men stood up for the principals of liberty.  They did so at the risk of death, and with the risk of leaving their families alone without a means of support if they died.  They did so out of principal, and to secure a safe and free world for their families.

Sometimes the easy choice isn't the best choice, sometimes standing up for principal isn't the easiest path, but sometimes it is the correct path.  

When noting is risked, nothing is gained.  Don't need Shakespeare to tell me that.

dago

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2004, 08:30:50 PM »
Pongo, you are correct,In 1938 the American leadership should never have begun to prepare for ww2 against the majority of the peoples wish at that time.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2004, 08:43:53 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
Whatever,  the other guys "understood" what I was getting at, and since you immediatly referenced the principal I was referring to, I would guess you did to.  

Pretty lame SLO.  

dago

then don't call me stupid next time, cause that AFFECTED my perception of you.

and I never said I did NOT understand what you were saying either.

quote 'You seem to be unfamiliar with the term "it's the principal of the thing".

spare me the morals Dago, you used your founding fathers as an analogy, fine, then why did CANADIANS and BRITISH troops go and BURN your fine principals.(White House)

you have a tendency to ask for help and when that help decides to stop you call him a coward.

now their is some fine principals.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2004, 08:57:23 PM »
Originally posted by SLO

spare me the morals Dago, you used your founding fathers as an analogy, fine, then why did CANADIANS and BRITISH troops go and BURN your fine principals.(White House)

and after they burned the white house we chased their chicken butts back to canada.   run lobsterback run.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2004, 08:58:48 PM »
I didn't call you stupid, but since you choose to ignore the points I was making,  I have to wonder.

Why did the Brits and Canadiens burn down the White House?

Let me paste a little background.

The War of 1812

The United States declared war against Great Britain on June 18, 1812. Although war had been avoided for several years, the continued harassment of U.S. ships and impressment of American sailors by the British pushed the nations to the brink. Despite protests from pro-English Federalists in Congress, President James Madison, at the time of his reelection, had determined that there was no other solution.

For the first two years of the war, the fighting was confined to Canada, the Great Lakes, and the high seas. Great Britain was preoccupied with their simultaneous war against France and did not have the resources to devote attention to both fronts. The war was distant from the people of Washington. But once Great Britain overthrew Napoleon in April 1814, it consolidated its forces against the United States. The fighting moved down the Atlantic coast towards the Chesapeake Bay.

After a disastrous battle at Bladensburg, Maryland, which President Madison witnessed, American forces retreated. The British turned their sights on Washington. Enemy troops marched to Washington and burned the major government buildings, including the White House and Capitol. Although burning the city was primarily in retaliation for the torching of the Canadian capitol, York (now Toronto), the British also hoped to disgrace President Madison and to divide the country once again. Fortunately, the fire did not have the desired effect. After several more months of war, including the needless but successful Battle of New Orleans, the United States declared victory, ratifying the Treaty of Ghent on February 17, 1815.  

Why were the Canadiens helping the British?  The Canadiens, unlike the Citizens of the United States of America, choose to accept British colonial rule and were fighting as subjects of the British Throne.

Link

I'll sum it up for ya, they were screwing with our ships and sailors, we kicked their butts, they said "okay, we have had enough and will stop our screwing with your ships and sailors", and the war ended.

We stood up for ourselves, stood up for principals and when it was all said and done, we won, peace was restored, we protected ourselves and our freedoms.

dago

BTW, what does this have to do with anything anyway?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 09:22:15 PM by Dago »