Author Topic: Terrorist enjoy the Phillipines cowardice  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Terrorist enjoy the Phillipines cowardice
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2004, 12:30:03 AM »
I said this as fact. You disagree with it?

I am curious... why do you disagree?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2004, 12:34:47 AM »
Originally posted by Nash

I'm asking you to back it up.

I do not believe it. I am asking you to back it up or explain why you would believe it. You are the one who said it, not me.

I said I saw Alexander Haig being interviewed on the subject and I offered, in my own words, what he related regarding the hostages. I also followed the crisis during that time as a highschool student very interested in the events.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2004, 12:40:14 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
I'm asking you to back it up.

And I'm saying no.

Google the thing if that's what you need.

THEN come back and tell me what the prollem is.

As it is... you're challenging me on this merely because it makes you feel bad. I aint yer mom and I can't be held responsible for that.

Someone in another thread said that Duvall is his favorite actor. Nobody is asking him to back that up. But if someone suspected him of being disengenous, they should say why that is.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2004, 12:42:11 AM »
you are completly wrong. What you said does not make me feel bad at all. I simply do not believe it. You are telling me to "google" points for your argument, which is pretty sad.

And the actor comment is out of context by only a few hundred miles. This has nothing to do with opinions...... you stated something as fact and will not elaborate or even argue a point based on what you claimed.

lame.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 12:44:25 AM by NUKE »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2004, 12:44:20 AM »
Righto. ciao

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »
Carter negotiated with China during his campaign against Ford in order to give away the Panama Canal.

Google it if you dissagree, because I dont have time to back that up. But you better take that as fact..if you don't, it's only because it makes you feel bad. :lol

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2004, 08:58:25 AM »
:rolleyes: 30 seconds gone forever, what a waste of time.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2004, 09:19:21 AM »
Originally posted by Dago
I must admit I am not sure how the USA "required"  any country to join the war.

I would be interested to hear how that happened.  I would assume by your statement that we must have threatened these poor countries with something incredibly terrible to force them to go to war.  What did we do, threaten them with nuclear annihilation?  What else would be so terrible as to force an unwilling nation to put it's soldiers in mortal danger against the nations will?

Anxious to hear,

dago

Of course not.. the Bush administration for example did not try to force french in any way to join the war. :rolleyes:
*cough*french bashing*cough*admnistration supported*cough*

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2004, 09:39:30 AM »
Fishu, you are not coming off well here, you say the USA "required" other nations to join the coalitiion, then you can't offer any information on how that happened, or who was "required".   All you can do is allude to the French??????   They were bashed for their efforts to block all US actions in the UN.  That is not even in the ballpark as "requiring other nations".  

What a pathetic response,  I pity you and the sad position you have put yourself in.  You are obviously now just regurgitating nonsense you think you saw somewhere without really knowing, or having a single clue what you are talking about.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2004, 09:41:28 AM »
Nuke,

Nash has illustrated that he also has zero clue regarding the ridiculous statements he has been making.

I would say you sure won that arguement. Congrats.

Nash, easy to babble nonsense, it's a little harder to back up your innuendo when it is in fact nonsense, isn't it?

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2004, 10:18:26 AM »
It aint nonsense, and if you think it is that's your problem - not mine.

That subject has been talked about lots here, so.... been there, done that already.

You might of missed it, Dago, when you were busy getting outraged by Clinton boating into Vietnam with an upside-down US flag.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2004, 11:07:57 AM »
Originally posted by demaw1
Pongo, you are correct,In 1938 the American leadership should never have begun to prepare for ww2 against the majority of the peoples wish at that time.

I think if your going to start comparing the current world situation to 1938 that covert US rearming isnt the relevent hitorical event to study.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2004, 11:10:31 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
oh Nash, what how exactly did Reagan exploit Iran to his advantage during the campaign?

The same way that Nixon exploited the North Vietnamese

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2004, 12:49:19 PM »
Originally posted by Nash

Just to point out something here...

Former National Security Council member Gary Sick discussed his recent book October Surprise: America's Hostages in Iran and the Election of Ronald Reagan. In his book, Mr. Sick explored the theory that the 1980 Reagan/Bush campaign negotiated with the Iranian government to delay the release of 52 American hostages until after Reagan's 1981 inauguration. He also examined the implications of such an agreement, and its possible effect on the 1992 presidential election. http://www.c-spanstore.com/c-spanstore/23038.html

You reported a theory, not a fact.  As I remember it, the theory says GHWB flew to Paris in an SR-71 too.  Wonder what the campaign paid for that.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2004, 12:51:19 PM »
Spain's former president went into Iraq against 90% of the population that opposed using military force. he did not follow the support of the people he represented. he made it worse by spinning the attack on the opposition party which further torpedoed his reelection effort.

So, if there's another terrorist attack in the US, by voting Bush out this would signal to the terrorists that we caved in to them, or would it mean that his administration failed to better protect Americans?