Author Topic: None, Zero, Nada...  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2004, 08:53:58 PM »
Btw.... still asking 'cuz I wanna know.

Can someone shed some light on the one guy who supposedly served on Kerry's boat?

A link? Anything?

I just wanna know what he says.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2004, 09:06:01 PM »
nash boats worked in groups not far apart and as part of same element so they are working together and oics of boats are coordinating fire and maneuver over radios. oics of other swiftboat probably have better idea of kerry as combat leader than some of crew on his boat. crew on boat sometimes have area of responsibility kerry not ordering each crewman in combat. bow gunner has arc of responsibilty his job is to cover that arc. division in usn not like division in army. guys in same unit in swiftboat have much experience working with kerry and each other. think maybe like bomber crews. enlisted crew in big bomber not know skills of bomber pilot like other bomber pilot in same squadron do.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2004, 09:10:32 PM »
blah blah blah.... buncha boats inna water... blah blah blah... guys in dem other boats know more about wot went down then the guys actually in Kerry's boat.... blarg blarhg...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2004, 09:13:10 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
blah blah blah.... buncha boats inna water... blah blah blah... guys in dem other boats know more about wot went down then the guys actually in Kerry's boat.... blarg blarhg...

Nash you're trying to dismiss it too much. I suppose in yiour line of work peer and superuior's reviews dont matter.

IMO there is validity to both sides. Obviously some of his crewmen like him, others dont. The vast majority of his peers and command dont like him and they knew him plenty well.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2004, 09:17:40 PM »
lol.... "peers"

His "peers" were the men in his boat.

They seem to like the dude. It seems he leadership abilitied them.

The rest of these guys were there in Vietnam "serving" thus "serving with Kerry" even though they were miles away, yet they have the drop on it.

Cheeeya..... wotev.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2004, 09:18:57 PM »
"My name is Steve Gardner. I served in 1966 and 1967 on my first tour of duty in Vietnam on Swift boats, and I did my second tour in '68 and '69, involved with John Kerry in the last 2 1/2 months of my tour. The John Kerry that I know is not the John Kerry that everybody else is portraying. I served alongside him and behind him, five feet away from him in a gun tub, and watched as he made indecisive moves with our boat, put our boats in jeopardy, put our crews in jeopardy... if a man like that can't handle that 6-man crew boat, how can you expect him to be our Commander-in-Chief?"

-- Steven Gardner

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2004, 09:19:47 PM »
Ready for a big cup of STFU, Nash?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2004, 09:20:45 PM »
lol.... "peers"

The rest of these guys were there in Vietnam "serving" thus "serving with Kerry" even though they were miles away, yet they have the drop on it.

Cheeeya..... wotev.

Peers means people on same level, as in the  other boat commanders he worked with on a daily basis.

For your take on events to be fully valid one would have to belive that Kerry's boat served in isolation, that Kerry was not part of a larger organization and that he wasnt part of a command chain. In other words that the only relevant contcat and interaction he had was with his own crew.  

You know thats not true.

And what is this miles away stuff? These bosts worked in close groups suporting each other - they were like wingmen.  

It really seems that you think Kerry served independant of the other boats and independant of the chain of command.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 09:24:00 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2004, 09:27:56 PM »
Van Odell was a gunner in Kerry's unit and was there in the same action at the same time when Kerry supposedly earned his Bronze Star.

Steve Gardner, A CREWMAN on Kerr's boat, says Kerry lied about being told about the "Bo De Massacre", because he was with Kery when Kerry claimed to be told about it, and nothing Kerry says about that night is true.

Oh, and Kranish, a reporter for the "Boston Globe" and Kerry's biographer (LOL, not like there's any conflict or bias there), did not even know that Kerry lied to him when he claimed to have spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Cambodia (illegally).

Swift boats patrolled in groups about 90% of the time, not alone. In fact, the stricken boat in the incident in which Kerry supposedly earned his Bronze Star was one of at least 3 boats there. So that would be about 18 people in the average patrol.

Someone else posted this link earlier, here it is for you:
http://home.comcast.net/~m.tucker46/UnfitCh3.pdf
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »
Hello, my name is Nash.

In highschool I served with Lizking in a bakery factory. He was a number 2, and I was a number 4.

I'll be the first to tell you that it was not easy work. There was bread flying off the belts thissa way and thatta way. It was never ending.

We were tasked with bagging the bread.

Well, when push came to shove, Lizking couldn't even pull his hair net on straight let alone navigate the lines and efficiently bag the bread in a timely manor. There was one day that... well... I'll not go into it except to say that we lost a lot of good bread that day.

This was 35 years ago, and I admit there was the constant worry that our fingers were under threat of being pinched by a plastic bread tie causing debilitating blood blisters... yet...

I have reached the conclusion and therefore can attest that Lizking is NOT a good leader.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2004, 09:30:21 PM »
lol.... "peers"

Cheeeya..... wotev.

not miles. couple hundred meters and in constant radio contact and all in debrief together after mission after combat action and so on.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2004, 09:31:44 PM »
As long as we are digging up old war peers, why has nobody stepped forward to claim this?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2004, 09:33:51 PM »
We are talking about Kerry, not Bush or Clinton, RPM-that is weak.

Hey, Nash, that is all these guys are doing and saying-it is up to the individual to assess them.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2004, 09:35:08 PM »
Rgr Liz..... I'm just a beacon in the night. Woot!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2004, 09:35:09 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
As long as we are digging up old war peers, why has nobody stepped forward to claim this?

What's wrong there hotshot, can't cover Kerry's prettythang so you change the subject to Bush?:rolleyes:

There's a big surprise.:rolleyes:

NOT!
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe