Author Topic: New idea what do you ladies and gentlemen think.  (Read 20979 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
New idea what do you ladies and gentlemen think.
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2004, 07:54:27 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
With or without the idea implementation, I like the idea of having a second arena where the disgusted can go when the current situation in the MA seems too much. I dunno. Maybe one with 2 sides and historical planesets.

You're starting to sound like laz2 with his furballer drumb beat, except your is CT instead ;)

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
Re: New idea what do you ladies and gentlemen think.
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2004, 07:54:44 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
snip
Your thoughts?
HiTech

How about just having two sides i.e. Axis/Allies.. It would be easier to manage, no?

:D
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline Mike0001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2004, 08:01:42 PM »
What's your solution to the rooks being 20% more than say the Bish but the bish and knit's are both attacking the rooks and together way out numbering them.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2004, 08:02:44 PM »
I don't think this is a good idea.

I would favor a more aggressive perk modifier as the percentage of high numbers side to lowest numbers side goes up.

More perks awarded, and cheaper perk rides.

Also, allowing players to switch to the lowest numbered side without the normal 12 hr wait, so they can take advantage of the perks and cheap rides.

Keep players flying, that's what they are paying for.

Offline warhound

• Zinc Member
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2004, 08:04:22 PM »
Two sides would be good.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2004, 08:09:36 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
I don't think this is a good idea.

I would favor a more aggressive perk modifier as the percentage of high numbers side to lowest numbers side goes up.

Just curious, what would you think about perk modifying ENY values, so that perk earnings go down as number advantage rises.

Also, allowing players to switch to the lowest numbered side without the normal 12 hr wait, so they can take advantage of the perks and cheap rides.[/B]
Im not understanding where the 12hr wait keeps one from taking advantage of that.  Most people fly a couple hours at a time, and can switch back when they log on the next day.

Offline Docc

• Copper Member
New Idea??
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2004, 08:10:35 PM »
If the bases were uncaptureable but damageable, and each country's bases sprinkled among the others, combined with more destroyable factories that would have a greater effect on each country's ability to wage war........just say the war is won when all of a countries factories are damaged or destroyed to a certain level.
     This would eliminate the horde mentality for land grab and  also promote more realistic air combat over the factories.     Comments?

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2004, 08:11:22 PM »
All the proposed solutions to limit the ablility of the team with the most player's to wage war do not work unless they cause people to move to the smaller team.

If all you do is slow down the beast, then all you have accomplished is to leave the little guy with a few fields, no dar and a crap load of vultchers above, because the beast can't finish the kill.

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2004, 08:14:21 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ
IMHO, this would be a bad Idea.

Example:squad night/or mission, designing a mission or squad op, probably would always leave someone on the tarmac, randomly. The squad/mission would NEVER know ( until airborne ) who was "left behind".

Yeah, I got real sick of that crap in AW when the 'zone limit' was exceeded or whatever when trying to run squad missions.

I don't like this idea and my squad will probably switch from rooks back to knights soon anyway - but as someone said - we are lazy and disorganized.

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2004, 08:14:41 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
So far my thoughts on alternatives of perks or plane limitation , is that I realy doubt they would motivate people to change sides.
Right now it should be obvious that the perk multiply has almost no effect, implementing somthing similar as sugested might triple the effect but it would still have almost no effect. So what we would be left with, is more complaining, but the problem would still remain.
The other problem I see with limiting the top used planes, is that the numbers advantage would still greatly out wiegh  the plane type advantage. In fact the lesser used planes like the p47 start to realy shine when you have a numbers advantage.
I also do not buy into the argument that it would be limiting in any way, all it would be is the big sides choice to wait to fly or to change sides. Thats a choice to make, not a limit.
I have no doubt that the time limit with the right settings would balance the fight, regardless if people changed sides.
And a big thanks for keeping this discussion fairly civil so far.
HiTech

What about my idea (inspired by nopoop) re. strat up/down times?  The more I consider it, the more it makes sense.  The horde kils my vh, and it's back in 5min, vs. we kill their vh and it's down for 45min.  (insert proper up/down times. only exapmles).  

The horde swoops in, kills all fh's, BUT they back up in 10 min.  Not bad.  BUT we kill their fh's, and they down for 45 min.  I think this would balance the #'s w/o telling xyz country "you can't fly"

p.s. bad speeling kept so mabe HT can better understand the post
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2004, 08:15:16 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
You're starting to sound like laz2 with his furballer drumb beat, except your is CT instead ;)

Oh Man,  That just reminded me....   (with humor intended)

If you just moved all the feilds closer together it would fix everything!     ;)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
TWO COUNTRIES
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2004, 08:17:17 PM »
Originally posted by hitech 6/24/2004
Just so everone knows,

Pyro and I have created a game with 4 countries.
Pyro and I have created a game with 2 countries
Pyro and I have created a game with 3 countries.

We think  3 works the best for unstrucksured game play.

HiTech

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
Strat hardness/down time
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2004, 08:18:44 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
All the proposed solutions to limit the ablility of the team with the most player's to wage war do not work unless they cause people to move to the smaller team.

Im with Furious on that one.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2004, 08:19:03 PM »
I get few evenings to fly (expecially during summer).  Often times I just look for the biggest dar bar and attempt to defend the onslaught.

If I was restricted and had to wait after each death it would suck and I would likely log instead of switching sides.  The squad I fly with is one who never switches so that is not really the best option.

Other options:

1.  Limit the bombload for the country with large numbers simulating the shortage of supplies for the amount of planes upping.  A message saying 'no ordinance available at this time' would work.

This allows people to fly where they want, what they want - but changes HOW the war goes.  Instead of 100 planes proking a field .. they would have very little chance to shut a base down in one wave, giving the counties with fewer numbers a better chance to defend.

2.  Restrict planetype for the country with the most numbers.

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2004, 08:27:12 PM »
keep it simple.

restrict switching to the country with the most numbers first.  See how the MA reacts.

It will nudge the numbers towards balance and my be enough in and of itself.

btw I am against the time restriction idea.    you will have more players frustrated about that then are currently upset about numbers.
JG11

Vater