Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8331 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2004, 09:04:14 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I'll take your word for it, although my personal experience tells me otherwise. The first ones to die by my hand are always the ones that fly the most 'un-realistically' (ie: they get low and slow in whatever plane in my prescence). The last, least likely ones to die by my hand are those that are also flying to survive, that areflying smart, like Lazerus in his Ta-152 last night for example . I am more successfull as a survivalist pilot today than I was 6 months ago, or a year ago. That tells me there is little difference whatsoever in the breakdown of fighter pilot's styles over time, either that or I'm getting alot better at it in relatively short periods of time, which I find highly unlikely as long as I have been playing WW2 Combat Flight Sims.

Zazen

Oh hell, Zaz ... fly what way makes ya happiest! But I'm tellin' ya. The service ceiling of a P-40B is 32,400 ft.

Offline Goobman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2004, 09:07:40 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Did you get offended? Gonna even bother to ask yourself why or is it just easier to assume that I hate your guts or sumpin? Take a breath and read it all again. Pretend you're not even in the conversation. :D

Did I get offended? Lol, lets see you personally attacked me and my post (I know this because you quoted me in your earlier post), you resorted to name-calling and innuendo....yeah I got offended.

You don't even know me and yet you assumed what I did in the extra time I spent online....what was your exact quote? Oh yeah, "You were gonna log for the night but you saw a chance to screw your fellow rooks out of some rides so you stayed on and twiddled your fingers".  Actually I spent the time wisely, flying goons and killing bish fields to help win the reset. You missed my point entirely. I did not want my logging to be construed by HT that the facist plan of Eny Limiting works by forcing me offline. So I didn't log. I kept playing, and for some small part I helped with the reset that shouldn't have happened. I wasn't the only one that felt this way and decided that this will be my form of protest. You may not like that or even understand it but I eagerly await your intelligent debate on why I am wrong. Don't use childish name-calling and bashing and then act like you didn't. You even expected to have your post removed because of the content
" p.s. Yeah .... I know ... this post has a very limited shelflife", remember that comment?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2004, 09:30:30 PM »
Originally posted by Goobman
Did I get offended? Lol, lets see you personally attacked me and my post (I know this because you quoted me in your earlier post), you resorted to name-calling and innuendo....yeah I got offended.

You don't even know me and yet you assumed what I did in the extra time I spent online....what was your exact quote? Oh yeah, "You were gonna log for the night but you saw a chance to screw your fellow rooks out of some rides so you stayed on and twiddled your fingers".  Actually I spent the time wisely, flying goons and killing bish fields to help win the reset. You missed my point entirely. I did not want my logging to be construed by HT that the facist plan of Eny Limiting works by forcing me offline. So I didn't log. I kept playing, and for some small part I helped with the reset that shouldn't have happened. I wasn't the only one that felt this way and decided that this will be my form of protest. You may not like that or even understand it but I eagerly await your intelligent debate on why I am wrong. Don't use childish name-calling and bashing and then act like you didn't. You even expected to have your post removed because of the content
" p.s. Yeah .... I know ... this post has a very limited shelflife", remember that comment?

Well ..... I seriously doubt that your logging would have been construed by HT at all, to tell ya the truth. Now if all the Rooks logged enmasse someone might have noticed the log and asked a question or two. How about that? How about the next time the Rooks are deprived of flying Lalas or 262s they all coordinate a mass logoff in protest?  

Of course .... that would kill the ride availablility on the other sides pretty quick and some players from over there may not feel quite the revulsion you do about switching and maybe ... just maybe .... the arena would be able to continue on, albiet with lesser numbers. Besides ... Bish and Knits aren't nearly as coordinated as the rooks.

No wait ... on second thought, bad idea. I don't think HT would like it, either. No, I think you should continue on your present course of action and win the next seven camps flying P40bs in mass formations. I may even switch to rooks again and have fun with you doing it. Sounds like a blast to me.

So pardon me if my participation in this thread is merely for amusement's sake and absolutely none of my posts here effectively contest your well thought out plan of protest or even the reason for protest .... or offer opinions or suggestions on how to keep HTC from going bankrupt coddling to the side you don't belong to regarding this issue.

But I'll certainly apologize for offending you with my complete lack of tact and courtesy in my first post addressed to you. And I'm sure you feel the same way and we get along fine now (or I'll assume that until you say otherwise).

Carry on. I got your back.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2004, 09:52:11 PM »
I'll be the fat x-wing guy eatin' a BBQ chickenwing right before he he fails to check his six for the tie-fighter in the deathstar trench. But ... I will be wearing my robe and wizard hat.

Porkins  

Always here for a helping hand Arlo  :)

Anyone seen my pointy hat and robe...  Arlo.....  ;)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2004, 09:53:52 PM »
Dammit, Redd ... you're a good man! Don't let anyone tell ya otherwise. Even John Wayne. Course he's dead ... and I doubt he'd tell ya that anyway.

I'll wing with you anyday, Maverick.

Don't ask me if I've been drinking cause here I'm a virtual officer and a virtual gentleman.

Bah , have heard stories of you VF-17 guys  emptying out the planes  so you can haul in the beer  ;)    

Let's fly a hog sortie one day for old times sake  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:11:15 PM by Redd »
I come from a land downunder

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2004, 10:08:48 PM »

No wait ... on second thought, bad idea. I don't think HT would like it, either. No, I think you should continue on your present course of action and win the next seven camps flying P40bs in mass formations. I may even switch to rooks again and have fun with you doing it. Sounds like a blast to me.

So pardon me if my participation in this thread is merely for amusement's sake and absolutely none of my posts here effectively contest your well thought out plan of protest or even the reason for protest .... or offer opinions or suggestions on how to keep HTC from going bankrupt coddling to the side you don't belong to regarding this issue.

I was sort of thinking spit1's ,hurri 1's, stuka's, and a "Herd of goonies"
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2004, 10:20:15 PM »
Originally posted by Redd
Bah , have heard stories of you VF-17 guys  emptying out the planes  so you can haul in the beer  ;)    

Let's fly a hog sortie one day for old times sake  :)

You got it. But don't expect me to fly it well. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
I was sort of thinking spit1's ,hurri 1's, stuka's, and a "Herd of goonies"

I'm flexible. Well ... virtually speakin'.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2004, 10:22:06 PM »
I'll take your word for it, although my personal experience tells me otherwise. The first ones to die by my hand are always the ones that fly the most 'un-realistically' (ie: they get low and slow in whatever plane in my prescence). The last, least likely ones to die by my hand are those that are also flying to survive, that are flying smart, like Lazerus in his Ta-152 last night for example . I am more successfull as a survivalist pilot today than I was 6 months ago, or a year ago. That tells me there is little difference whatsoever in the breakdown of fighter pilot's styles over time, either that or I'm getting alot better at it in relatively short periods of time, which I find highly unlikely as long as I have been playing WW2 Combat Flight Sims.

Zazen

I'm always keen to learn new tips and techniques.   Could you send me a film sometime of a typical sortie , wouldn' t mind  seeing how's done by someone with your experience

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2004, 10:35:47 PM »
I'm always keen to learn new tips and techniques.   Could you send me a film sometime of a typical sortie , wouldn' t mind  seeing how's done by someone with your experience

hope your hard drive has enough storage space.

:D

or you have enough coffee.

:p
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:53:26 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2004, 10:51:30 PM »

Better yet, come Rooks for a day, .join my plane and watch the show.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2004, 10:52:49 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
hope your hard drive has enough storage space.

:D

Yea, my 27 minute fighter runs in Typhoon are really memory intensive. :rolleyes:

Zazen

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2004, 10:56:25 PM »
you bet.... ah films can get quite bloated for a relatively small amount of time filmed.

3-4 mins of film can run almost a mb. then when you send them, even zipped, there's transmittal bloat/overhead that can run as high as 10-15% of the base film (zipped) size.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2004, 11:00:15 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
you bet.... ah films can get quite bloated for a relatively small amount of time filmed.

3-4 mins of film can run almost a mb. then when you send them, even zipped, there's transmittal bloat/overhead that can run as high as 10-15% of the base film (zipped) size.

I've never really noticed, I have two 240 Gig HD's in RAID, HD space is not really an issue for me. ;)

Zazen

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2004, 11:02:12 PM »
Better yet, come Rooks for a day, .join my plane and watch the show.

Zazen

A film would be better, because I've been suffering really bad insomnia lately  and I've tried books  , but they don't work.

I thought if I could watch one of your films it might just  help me nod off  ;)