Author Topic: general question  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
general question
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2004, 02:46:12 AM »
Given the conditions of AH2, assuming equal pilot skill;

* The Fw190D-9 may not be able to win, but it definately won't lose.

* In the case of the Spit9, it would rarely have to worry about being cornered into a tight spot, but likewise, it'd rarely be able to come in within 400 distance marker of the D-9.

The factor which decides who wins, will be determined by who's got better gunnery, or, who can land a shot first.

Will the fleeting super-high deflection shot connect first? Or will the 400yard spray hit first?

Offline Purzel

• Copper Member
general question
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2004, 03:35:23 AM »
I'm with Urchin on this one.

In a pack 190s are pretty good and can get good results. But the 190 is one of the worst 1vs1 fighters of the game.

That is because its fast, but only if you dont touch the stick. If you turn, you lose E quick and need time to build it up again.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2004, 09:00:15 AM »
68DevilM.. you still here watching?

read Urchin / Kweassa's posts. they know what they are talking about.

they actually give a good example of what would happen in the DA / MA. in the MA the only difference is that fi a fight went on that long someone else would have hopped in by the 3rd or 4th pass and it would no longer be a 1-1.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: general question
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2004, 09:03:10 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
senerio is

190d-9 against a spit 9 same alt, same player skill level.

whos probably gonna win.

This is the question. Using "stats" has nothing to do with the question and cannot be used in any way to justify an answer to the question.

I would venture to say less than 1% of Spit9 vs Dora fights were done by pilots of "equal" skill, therefore the stats are moot.

To answer the question I'd say it depends...

How much fuel each carry.
What altitude.
How long the pilot has flown 'that' plane.

There other factors as well.

PS... what Urchin said. ;)

Offline tce2506

• Copper Member
general question
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2004, 10:01:01 AM »
68Devil, You were doing pretty good in that la5 last night, are you telling me you just started in that ride?

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
general question
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2004, 10:39:10 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
68DevilM.. you still here watching?

read Urchin / Kweassa's posts. they know what they are talking about.

they actually give a good example of what would happen in the DA / MA. in the MA the only difference is that fi a fight went on that long someone else would have hopped in by the 3rd or 4th pass and it would no longer be a 1-1.

how bout a pack of ten spit 9's against ten 190d-9's with a ceiling cap of 15k to 5k below five you have to diengage because i think the spit's would chew up the 190's.

5-10k id give adv. to the 190's above 10k and the spits pick up speed:D

what about the spit 14? nice plane i should fly that more but it has a sucky env value, and i dont like dropping perks like that.

been playing around with the la5, nice plane, powerfull guns too.

lw planes confuse me, how can a plane that roll's so well not beable to turn without dropping so much 'E'? i rarely use them, well fighter's that is.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 10:45:30 AM by 68DevilM »

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
general question
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2004, 10:45:49 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
how bout a pack of ten spit 9's against ten 190d-9's with a ceiling cap of 15k to 5k below five you have to diengage because i think the spit's would chew up the 190's.

5-10k id give adv. to the 190's above 10k and the spits pick up speed.
LOL glad to see you have changed your stance starting this thread you couldn't see how the spit IX was better than the 190...

sir, i know it's diffucult to picture all these scenarios without the help of others.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
general question
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2004, 11:05:16 AM »
Depends.. in a "pack vs pack" situation the equation changes.  That kind of scenario will be won by A. whichever side has better cohesion/teamwork, helped by B. the ability to stay alive.  Running is a much more certain way to stay alive than turning ability.  

Eventually, all the Spits will be blindsided by people they never saw coming, while the D-9s will likely never slow down long enough for a Spit to get anything more than a fleeting snapshot at a Dora as it whizzes past.  In a multi-vs-multi situation, it is very dangerous to chase someone up, because that leaves you wide open for one of his buddies to drill you while you are hanging there slow.

Even if one D9 gets to aggressive and ends up in trouble, he'll have other D-9s coming down to clear the train off his 6... I would say in that situation it is very likely that none of the Spits would make it home, and only 1 or 2 of the D9s would die.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
general question
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2004, 11:16:34 AM »
I would say if fight is at Spit 9 best alt (25k), only option for Dora is to dive away. Pilots with equal skills should really be a stalemate. Spit pilot will stay as close to 25k as poss, 190 won't get suckered into high alt or turn fight.

Be interseting to see Urchin, low alt I would prob agree, hi alt 20k+ I would give the Spits the advantage. Only option for Doras is boring extends etc. If the spit pilots fly smart and get to around 25k, definately give them a big advantage.

By capping the Spits to 15k your taking away the advantage they have. Remember our Spit 9 is hi-alt 25k version. Would be like having a Spit v LA7 scenario and forcing the LALA to stay above 25k.

Shame we don't have Spit Mk8, definately know who'd win then :).

68DevilM - Spit14 is purely high alt plane, it is outclassed low down. Not worth the current perk value. Although a little more expensive Tempest is far better, goes like a bat outta hell and has awesome (Hispano 2) cannons.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 11:28:25 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory