Author Topic: Leaving ah2  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2004, 02:12:55 AM »
More to the point, about how many people do you think hate you?

100? 200?

Well probably only like 100 people know who you are, of those maybe 50 know you a bit?

Thats a vast minority when considering 3000 online players.

So stating that almost everyone hates you seems verry much exaggerated.

When you love the game then why leave? I dont beleave that you love the game if you leave, most probably if you love it you would just get a new id and try again.

ciao schutt

Offline 68Hall

• Copper Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2004, 03:05:24 AM »
I HATE you Zazen. I cuss you constantly. You're both the reason, and womb of all hate. By the way, why don't these stinking birds have ejection seats and maserater shoots, so I can dump crap on Zazen's Osty while I laugh from my chute. Hate you, heh you betcha! Of course we could learn to get along fine if you'd miss once in a stinking while. Cripes!:eek:
68Hall
Command Sargeant Major
68th Lightning Lancers
Semper Fi!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2004, 03:15:07 AM »
spade you silly twisted boy you!

i dont hate you, infact, you liven my flights up whenever i see your name on ch200!

many 'kids' (i say kids, you are pretty young yes?) who play AH are obnoxious little farts who think they are clever by swearing with letters replaced to avoid the mods.

you on the other hand are, polite, funny, anoying( :) ) smart, a good pilot, a good wingman, and to me, a friend!

DONT LEAVE BRO, THEN WE HAVE ONE LESS GOOD KID TO EQUAL OUT THE MORONS.

batfink
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2004, 06:34:55 AM »
Spade you biotch!

You dont leave. You always made me laugh. Your a good kid bro. Dont go caring about what other people think. Life is so much better when you care less about crap like this.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2004, 07:13:55 AM »
My guess is that if you feel everyone hates you and its because of the way you act in the game then its probably your own fault.  Ease back on whatever it is you are doing to cause this hate.  Mellow out a little and have fun but dont be an bellybutton while doing it and folks probably wont hate you anymore.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2004, 09:46:29 AM »
Think of it this way Spade.

Are you playing this game to meet people? Is this some kind of dating service?

Of course not. What is it that you like about this game? Weren't you playing AH because you liked the action and thrills of flying a vintage WW2 aircraft against other types?

Spade. I have seen many simular instances pass by. The usual AH gamers are a toughened bunch,  weathered and hardended wiith age.

They are hard-hitting sumbitc*es, but that doesn't mean they hate people outside their "seal of approval".

In my own country, the flight sim genre itself isn't very popular. In the Western countries there are a lot of seasoned and mature pilots. Most of the AH population is between 30~40 years of age. However, in my own country the genre is itself much unpopular, and besides a few dedicated AH freaks the only other players are youngsters, teens. There's a gap between me and most of them, but I try hard to understand them as they are. A little difference in opinion and/or behavior sure doesn't disappoint me, and ultiamatley people come to understand that there is more to this special game genre than just the usual point-and-click FPS bullshi* games.

Spade, you are pretty much uncommon, in the fact that you are a young player in the Western states. However, try to understand the differences in what the old players of AH are like. Some of us have been here since the DOS Air Warrior days. I consider myself a second generation of flight-sim gamer, I've been playin these types of games since 1994. I consider people like you to be the third generation.

Please, don't be discouraged by some people that may intimidate you. Ultimately, whether some may like it or not, people like you are the third generation of flight sim gamers, and people who will carry on this genre and see through all the changes - good and bad. Most people may ridicule or go hard-ball agaisnt young gamers, but I am 100% sure that they don't really mean it. All this may be disheartening for you, but think of it as the ages and burdens of life the players are showing.

Some may hate you. I'm pretty sure a lot hate me, when it comes down to love or hate. But that doesn't bother me in the fact that I like my Luftwaffe planes, I love the feel of the sim itself. I'll probably be playing AH until Judgement day, if AH lasts that long.

So keep chugging on, Spade. You are not alone. You are still like a padoowan, not necessarily in gaming skill, but in social connections and friend-making. It could be tough, but keep the game going - and try to understand that most of us may not think or react in the manner that you feel friendly.

For one thing, whatever solace it may be, I don't hate 'cha Spade.

ps)  Man, I'm drunk. i'm going all soft!

You guys wouldn't believe what Korean rice-wine can do to a person. *hic!*

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Re: Leaving ah2
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2004, 10:50:09 AM »
Originally posted by Sp4de
Yes. i know many of you are happy to hear this. No its not the graphics or the gameplay. It's The people. Not only the people. Apparently its me. I cant go to any country where. almost everyone hates me.  Yes i know i do stupid things. And i am sorry. But not many people like me. and im not wanted. So too all. Even if you hate me. It's been great getting to know and fly with all of you<>. Goodbye.

I can't hate you. I don't know you yet.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2004, 11:09:38 AM »
Originally posted by KurtVW
Its not odd at all, people love a train wreck.

Whats odd to me is that people keep deciding to lay down their own dignity and be a train wreck.

Thats more than one post Kurt.
The point SP is making is that YOU are reading a "Leaving AH2 post" again.
If you dont like it. Dont read it. The Link was an obvious declaration of a "Leaving" post. Yet you opened yet another one.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2004, 11:13:57 AM »
Spade what's yer in game ID? I have no idea who you are...

Offline LtPillur

• Copper Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2004, 11:18:26 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Take it from someone who really is hated by almost everyone.
Zazen

I don't hate you. I hate it when you shoot me down!! Yes that I hate. I hate it a lot in fact. A whole lot.

As for sp4de you spent the better part of an evening trying to convince people nobody liked you. I felt that way for a bit, then realized nobody even KNOWS me let alone hates me. Don't let insecurity wear you down. I stink at shooting and could use a wing man (whether I like him or not).  Give the group a chance and it wills show its colors. Which aren't as dark as you think.

OK Zazen. Last night I hated you! Sorry
Peace
Pillur

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2004, 11:32:56 AM »
I kind of assumed this happened to everyone now and then.

Geesh ... you really did fall off the turnip truck ... :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2004, 11:48:23 AM »
I didn't know Spade. Not many here did it seems.

Just the same. I'd like to take a moment and solemnly express a few simple words.

Words which I wish to convey hope to all in that his passing from this game, over a bridge, unto the next is just a one, small, mere chapter in a players online life.....

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge."

When a player leaves that has been especially close to a few here, that player goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the players who had lost perks points or were shot down a lot are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The players are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his flapping arms carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your friend, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 12:34:13 PM by Westy »

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Leaving ah2
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2004, 12:12:54 PM »
I'm with bat on this. I've flown with you a few times Spade and I think you're ok. Don't know who's been blowing smoke up your arse but just ignore them. If you think it'd be better to just change your id and stay for awhile do it. No need to leave if the game is fun for you. If it's not, then leave and good luck to you.

Offline madness

• Zinc Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2004, 04:40:21 PM »
LMAO, this has to be the most pathetic thread i've ever read...:rofl

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Leaving ah2
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2004, 05:02:51 PM »
Spade...no reason to leave.:)

respect is earned and given. It shouldn't be expected. ;)

Hang in there...Only people that respect me are my family...and the guys that kill me OFTEN in this game. They only respect me cause they know I cant beat em. So Im an easy mark:lol , but I'm usually polite about it.:aok
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles