Author Topic: 101st:"We were never ordered to search"  (Read 2029 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
101st:"We were never ordered to search"
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2004, 07:57:34 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Excuse #6 (er that aint official as of this post but who knows.)

"Okay, explosives were looted, but nobody can say how much."

Not an excuse at all.
 You just want it to be proven true no matter how unplausable it is

Problem is  even if explosives were missing that doesnt mean they took ALL the explosives.
Other problem is the plausability of being able to do it after our troops arrived.

Tell us, how do you suppose they did it with all our forces in the area and the roads being constantly used by our forces 24/7

How'd they make it dissapear?
they hire David Copperfeild?

Keep grasping at those straws
Maybe for once you may get a good one someday
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2004, 08:01:39 PM »
The likely scenario is that we're talking about it. It has been absolutely dominating the news cycle for three days now.

your right. and bit by bit, chuck by chunk all allegations saying that somehow it was Bush's failiour are being debunked
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2004, 08:07:34 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
your right. and bit by bit, chuck by chunk all allegations saying that somehow it was Bush's failiour are being debunked

Is that why so many differing excuses are being fielded every 8-12 hours?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2004, 08:14:30 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
I'm thinking an armed MP unit would be able to stop a pair of bolt cutters. Unless they are "Super Saddam Infidel-proof", in which case 1 MP and a 9mm would be sufficient.

That's true, but we still dont know *when* the explosives were taken, nor do we know *who* took them, at least not yet. Anything else is pure conjecture at this point.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2004, 08:16:42 PM »
Is that why so many differing excuses are being fielded every 8-12 hours?

Excuses. no

Other possible and certainly by FAR more plausable explainations. yes.

The accusations simply dont fit any kind of logic or plausability.

Sure they had some pictures of SOME explosives.

they have picks of the other 8 bunkers this stuff was stored in too?
Or is that the only 1

There were after all 9 altogether
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2004, 08:17:11 PM »
You forgot we know who did'nt plan for securing them.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2004, 08:18:42 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
dam you elf :lol

:D
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2004, 08:26:05 PM »
Here ya go Nash
From your same news source

Oct. 27, 2004 — Iraqi officials may be overstating the amount of explosives reported to have disappeared from a weapons depot, documents obtained by ABC News show.

The Iraqi interim government has told the United States and international weapons inspectors that 377 tons of conventional explosives are missing from the Al-Qaqaa installation, which was supposed to be under U.S. military control.

But International Atomic Energy Agency documents obtained by ABC News and first reported on "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings" indicate the amount of missing explosives may be substantially less than the Iraqis reported.

The information on which the Iraqi Science Ministry based an Oct. 10 memo in which it reported that 377 tons of RDX explosives were missing — presumably stolen due to a lack of security — was based on "declaration" from July 15, 2002. At that time, the Iraqis said there were 141 tons of RDX explosives at the facility.

But the confidential IAEA documents obtained by ABC News show that on Jan. 14, 2003, the agency's inspectors recorded that just over three tons of RDX were stored at the facility — a considerable discrepancy from what the Iraqis reported.

The IAEA documents could mean that 138 tons of explosives were removed from the facility long before the United States launched "Operation Iraqi Freedom" in March 2003
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2004, 08:27:34 PM »
Originally posted by rpm

You forget that there is NO plan that covers every contigency. (The human variables are just to great). You forget everything except how to find ways to blame Bush for every single thing you can. :)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2004, 08:32:08 PM »
Heh....

Just seconds ago I saw the head of the RNC saying this explosives story is garbage.

When asked about the tape that just emerged showing the explosives were there when the troops invaded, he said (in so many words):

"Yes but you just found out now. So it's wrong for Kerry to have aired an ad when he didn't have the facts at the time".

Yer own guy is now admitting defeat.

I'd love to chat with you more about it, but it seems kinda pointless now doesn't it?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2004, 08:35:21 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
You forget that there is NO plan that covers every contigency. (The human variables are just to great). You forget everything except how to find ways to blame Bush for every single thing you can. :)
Admit it Elfie, if Kerry had been in charge you would be screaming incompetence. You are just shilling for Bush and refuse to admit a mistake was made on his watch. If terrorists blew up the Statue of Liberty tomorrow you would say it was'nt Bush's fault and try to lay it off on Kerry.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2004, 08:37:19 PM »
Originally posted by rpm

Oh really? And who would that be?

dont even try to say Bush as that type of planning would be much farther down the chain of command

Maybe its the same person who doesnt plan for securing our own bases here in the
USA .

I personally know of a couple of kids that  manage to infiltrate one of our bases on a regular basis and have been since the Clinton administration.
They have come home with the most astounding things ranging from live ammunition  to smoke grenades
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2004, 08:41:28 PM »
It was on his watch.

Yes / No ?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 08:44:55 PM by rpm »
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2004, 08:51:39 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Admit it Elfie, if Kerry had been in charge you would be screaming incompetence. You are just shilling for Bush and refuse to admit a mistake was made on his watch. If terrorists blew up the Statue of Liberty tomorrow you would say it was'nt Bush's fault and try to lay it off on Kerry.

maybe Alfie wouldl but I sure as hell wouldnt.

As you may or may not have noticed in another post I dont blame Clinton for the blackhawk fiasco.
and if it does turn outhowever unlikely I think it is  to be some sort of snafu on our part in this incident I wont be blaming Bush. And I wouldnt be blaming Kerry

I do understand in war you cant plan for everything and humans are imperfect

I do agree with Elfie on the point that you and some others here search for every single thing that you can possibly try to pin on Bush be they true, untrue or a complete distortion of the facts.
 You all feel they are true not because they are. but simply because you want them to be.

I have seen the same running the other way as well but not to the extent that I've seen it about Bush
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2004, 09:03:51 PM »
Dred, I was'nt directing toward at you and I apologuise if you thought that I did. I saw the earlier post and think you are one of the more levelheaded that post in here. Of course things change in battle and so do plans. But there are some things that are priorities and have to be taken care of.

We were not fighting difficult enemy. There was no fluctuating front lines. We moved "blitzkreig" fashion and the enemy ran. We are not accustomed to fighting this way. The plan worked great, but the were holes in it. Holes like leaving ammo dumps unguarded. You have to look at the bottom line, you'll find the name George W. Bush there.

And I'll freely admit I don't like Dubya. I have'nt liked him since before he ran for Governor and was with the Texas Rangers organization. He was making excuses back then, too. That's fine when the worst mistake you make only causes your team to lose a ballgame. The stakes are much higher now, and so are the consequences.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 09:10:01 PM by rpm »
Stay thirsty my friends.