Author Topic: 101st:"We were never ordered to search"  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
101st:"We were never ordered to search"
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2004, 05:26:30 AM »
Russia tied to Iraq's missing arms

NOW
lets see skerry and boy robin eddie spin this latest development and blame the bush admin

LOL LOL LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2004, 02:01:13 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
NOW
lets see skerry and boy robin eddie spin this latest development and blame the bush admin

LOL LOL LOL

Ah dude, it's already spin.  Spinning the missing explosive story.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2004, 03:27:41 PM »
Fact is, no one yet knows when those explosives disappeared. Fact, moving 360 tons of HE wont go unnoticed in a war zone.

When the 101st airborne moved through and did a cursory inspection, dont ya think they would have noticed 360 TONS of explosives if they were there? That much of anything would be hard to miss.

No it isn't. It's 360 trips made by x amount of trucks over a given time.

Good point. However, the longer it takes to move the stuff the more likely they are to get caught.

all you have proven with your post is how long the site was insecure. Probably weeks or months.

Wasnt trying to prove anything. Was merely trying to show how rediculous the idea of moving 360 tons of HE in a war zone with Toyoya pick-ups is.

Ah dude, it's already spin. Spinning the missing explosive story

Thrawn did you read the link? I'm not saying the allegations in that news article are true, but it does bring up some interesting things.

More than once before this the Russians (among others) have been suspected of selling arms to the Iraqis. We're talking about arms that were prohibited by the UN to be sold to Iraq. So this news shouldnt be entirely discredited yet. Let this play out and we'll see what happened :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2004, 03:32:03 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
Russia tied to Iraq's missing arms

NOW

LOL LOL LOL

from that link : -

...said he recently obtained reliable information on the arms-dispersal program from two European intelligence services that have detailed knowledge of the Russian-Iraqi weapons collaboration.  

LOL wonder which 2 european countries that could be... hmmm...
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2004, 03:43:35 PM »
Interesting link Nash, we should know soon if those are the missing explosives, that is, if they can be identified from the film. Personally I am not sure if they can or cant be from the film.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2004, 04:37:10 PM »
Nash you gotta understand the bushmen have to come up with something, anything to deflect away any responsibility they may have.. What do you want them to say the truth?... Well yeah we were more interested in protecting the oil ministries then the 950 ammo dumps spread across the country. That’s a bit like saying you had to leave your 18 month old home alone because going to work was a higher priority.

some key gafts from you link

During that trip, members of the 101st Airborne Division showed the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS news crew bunker after bunker of material labelled "explosives." Usually it took just the snap of a bolt cutter to get into the bunkers and see the material identified by the 101st as detonation cords.

and this...

Once the doors to the bunkers were opened, they weren't secured. They were left open when the 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS crew and the military went back to their base.

"We weren't quite sure what were looking at, but we saw so much of it and it didn't appear that this was being secured in any way," said photojournalist Joe Caffrey. "It was several miles away from where military people were staying in their tents".

We need to impeach Bill Clinton coz he lied about having sex!!!!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2004, 04:49:36 PM »
The tally on the shifting number of Bush excuses, as they discard one debunked excuse for another, is up to four. The latest is just great. "It's the troop's fault." There is no buck stoppage whatsoever with this guy.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2004, 04:52:16 PM »
First of all, detonation cord isnt HMX or RDX explosive.

Second, they were looking for chemical and biological weapons not explosives and small arms.

Third, we dont know yet if the explosives in those pictures are HMX/RDX explosives (the ones that are currently missing)

Fourth, those bunkers should have been re-sealed. Otoh if all it took to *break in* was a pair of bolt cutters I am not sure how much good locking the doors again would have done.

Lastly, lets wait and see what the investigation comes up with. Who knows? Maybe we will ALL be surprised by the results.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2004, 05:01:17 PM »
I will only be surprised to discover this isn't another case of a campaign ploy campfire kept alive by the fuel Kerry and Co. keep pouring on it. Well, duh.

Oh, the advantage of hindsight and panoramic vision brought to you by the internet (and all from the comfort of your home or the swivel chair and cubicle your employer bought for you)! Some of you people really go beyond nonsense. Get a grip and stop pole vaulting over a mouse ****.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2004, 05:10:08 PM »
Elfie: Proud member of the non-reality based community.

Elfie our 1100 troops were killed by:

A: The Good Ship lollypop
B: Mary Popins
C: munitions looted from the unsecured ammo dumps

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2004, 05:12:59 PM »
Elfie, give it up. Your excuses are lame at best.

Fourth, those bunkers should have been re-sealed. Otoh if all it took to *break in* was a pair of bolt cutters I am not sure how much good locking the doors again would have done.

Bush: What about them 'splosives over there in Eye-rack?

Rumsfeld: It's impossible to guard them Mr.President. We would have to post troops there. We need to keep our eyes on the prize. There's a 40 foot statue of Saddam that would make a perfect photo op.

Bush: Pictchers? I like pitchers! Git me some of those Eye-rackies and a box of flip-flops!

Rumsfeld: Sandals, Mr. President, SANDALS!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2004, 05:16:12 PM »
Poor Vor... sigh....

So it’s
A: “they’re just tryin’ to bash bush”
B: “it’s 50/50 hindsight... who knew we’d have to secure the ammo dumps

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2004, 05:18:32 PM »
I've never planned a war, 10bears. I can't say I know what's involved. It's always easy to reverse-plan it after the fact, I suppose.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2004, 05:22:22 PM »
By the way, I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why Bush is to blame IF anyone can reasonably be blamed for this incident at all. I'm thinking somewhere along GEN Franks' war staff food chain...you know, the guys that plan wars and stuff.