Author Topic: 101st:"We were never ordered to search"  (Read 2031 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
101st:"We were never ordered to search"
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2004, 12:20:02 AM »
Originally posted by rpm

Im not saying you were wrong.

im saying your grasping at straws if you think that somehow People using looted weapons is proof that they were able to get out 300+ tons

Looting some weapons and looting 300 Tons of anything it still two entirely different animals

the Guns, rockets,mortars Im sure were readily available and easy to pick up during the conflict.
Its not like they were stopping and picking up every last gun and bullet they came accross
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2004, 12:24:59 AM »
Originally posted by Flit
The Russians did it
http://www.drudgereport.com

another possibility
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 12:27:46 AM by Flit »

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2004, 12:25:48 AM »
Isn’t it amazing, “Off to War” shows up on TV  “2” days before the missing explosives story comes out.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2004, 12:33:17 AM »
Originally posted by Flit
another possibility

Yanno I've thought about that.
Now Im NOT making any claims that that is the case
What if it turns out in the end this whole no WMDs and other issues such as this explosives incident turns out to ultimately be a setup by our "friends" in the UN to ultimately place Bush. and the USA as a whole in an embarrassing situation?
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2004, 12:34:11 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Im not saying you were wrong.

im saying your grasping at straws if you think that somehow People using looted weapons is proof that they were able to get out 300+ tons

Looting some weapons and looting 300 Tons of anything it still two entirely different animals

the Guns, rockets,mortars Im sure were readily available and easy to pick up during the conflict.
Its not like they were stopping and picking up every last gun and bullet they came accross
They did'nt have to pick up individual weapons. They went to Home Depot and got them wholesale.

The incident I keep refering to may not be the same location, but it is proof that it was happening. The 39th was a replacement unit at Camp Cooke. When the Camp was vacated and before the 39th arrived, weapons that we knew were there a few days before were gone. There were loose crates of ammo everywhere. The base had been looted.

If that is not the same incident, it alone is enough to point out the basic failures in planning made by this administration. Someone has to be held accountable for this stupendous error.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2004, 12:35:42 AM »
Originally posted by Gyro/T69
Isn’t it amazing, “Off to War” shows up on TV  “2” days before the missing explosives story comes out.

whats even more amazing is CBS had planned to run the story about the explosives on 60 minutes two days before the election
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2004, 12:37:42 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Yanno I've thought about that.
Now Im NOT making any claims that that is the case
What if it turns out in the end this whole no WMDs and other issues such as this explosives incident turns out to ultimately be a setup by our "friends" in the UN to ultimately place Bush. and the USA as a whole in an embarrassing situation?

Naaa, they did  it 'cause they were gettin paid

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2004, 12:42:23 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
They did'nt have to pick up individual weapons. They went to Home Depot and got them wholesale.

The incident I keep refering to may not be the same location, but it is proof that it was happening. The 39th was a replacement unit at Camp Cooke. When the Camp was vacated and before the 39th arrived, weapons that we knew were there a few days before were gone. There were loose crates of ammo everywhere. The base had been looted.

If that is not the same incident, it alone is enough to point out the basic failures in planning made by this administration. Someone has to be held accountable for this stupendous error.

Again. some weapons to NOT equate to 300 TONS of anything.

A bit easier to sneak out some RPGs, Machine Guns, and mortars then it is 300 tons of high explosives..

And mistakes happen because people are human.
so say it is the fault of the administration is absurd.
Those responcaqbilities would fall much much much farther downt he chain of command then the president.

this would be the fault of the military commanders in the area Not the president. the same military commander Kerry would be getting under him if he is elected.

thats like trying to blame Clinton for the Blackhawk going down in Somalia
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2004, 12:42:39 AM »
uhmm...you don suppose the russians might have had anything to do with this?

Didn't think so.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Gyro/T69
Watch the show before you criticize it. It's on Discovery/Times Channel. It follows the 39th Brigade of the Arkansas National Guard and their families back home. It's shot "COPS" style with no commentary and let's you draw your own conclusions from the soldiers own words.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2004, 12:48:50 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
How long did the UN leave Saddam's WMD unsecured? Wasn't the time to rectify that long overdue? Apparently it was too late.

In the sense that Iraq had already destroyed it's WMD and discontinued it's WMD programs by the time UNMOVIC showed up?

DREDIOCK, they had about a month.

"I hardly think that people were traveling freely around the country unchecked. and the longer it took them to move the stuff the less likely it would be they would be caught."

Perhaps, but it is possible.

Yeager,

"uhmm...you don suppose the russians might have had anything to do with this?

Didn't think so."

I suppose they might, can you prove they did?  And why would Iraq need thier help to move 360 tons of stuff.  Heck why not just ask the Syrians, the trucks are going to be going over their border anyway.  

Sorry this whole Russia deal seems like spin control.  

"The HE wasn't used on Americans, the evil Syrians have it and the evil Russians helpped them get it."

I could have bought the Syrian angle, but what do they need the HE for?  They have plenty of thier own and could buy more.  Nah this is Rovified.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 12:51:29 AM by Thrawn »

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2004, 12:52:38 AM »
"Watch the show before you criticize it. It's on Discovery/Times Channel. It follows the 39th Brigade of the Arkansas National Guard and their families back home. It's shot "COPS" style with no commentary and let's you draw your own conclusions from the soldiers own words."

Where did I criticize it? Talking about the timing of two events, which on the surface have nothing in common until you look a bit closer makes me go Hmmmm.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2004, 12:58:06 AM »
Sorry if I read that wrong Gyro.:)
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2004, 12:58:17 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
Watch the show before you criticize it. It's on Discovery/Times Channel. It follows the 39th Brigade of the Arkansas National Guard and their families back home. It's shot "COPS" style with no commentary and let's you draw your own conclusions from the soldiers own words.

Havent seen it yet But plan to.
But, just because there is no commontary doesnt mean its not edited in such a way so as to present to you facts so that you will draw the conclusions they want you to. And most of the time shows edit things in such a way they want you to draw a particular conclusion whether they say so or not

Speaking of the show "Cops" And maybe some of the officers ont he boards here can confirm or deny it but My next door naighbors are cops as is a good friend of ours.
Each says the show is mostly BS and that things rarely happen they way they show them.

Now maybe this show is the total truth, IT very well could be. I dont know Like I  said I havent seen it yet so I cant really judge other then to say I wouldnt put anything past anyone in the media LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2004, 01:01:58 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

I could have bought the Syrian angle, but what do they need the HE for?  They have plenty of thier own and could buy more.  

Isnt "FREE" your favorite brand?

I know its mine LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty