Author Topic: Adultery, no double standard, is it wrong?  (Read 3165 times)

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Adultery, no double standard, is it wrong?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2004, 12:36:05 PM »
just go into a relationship expecting it will happen.
american women are loose :)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2004, 12:43:15 PM »
Dred, I'm assuming the relationship is somewhere near normal.
A spouse who has "cut off" the needs of the other for whatever amount of time is considered unbearable is a  candidate for divorce.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2004, 12:46:11 PM »
american women are loose

Ya, I'm grateful for that.  Oddly, the Brit women I've been with have been about the same, except they were even more appreciative of my American meat puppet, compared to the diminuative Brit party franks they had been used to.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2004, 12:53:24 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Ya, I'm grateful for that.  Oddly, the Brit women I've been with have been about the same, except they were even more appreciative of my American meat puppet, compared to the diminuative Brit party franks they had been used to.

Funny, I noticed that about brit women too.  It must be the climate.

It's worth while if you can get past the bad teeth.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2004, 01:08:31 PM »
Jackal1
 You pinhead, no I have never been cheated on.

And yes women can be just as bad.

now go back to highschool and let the adults talk.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2004, 01:19:26 PM »
there's nothing that makes it OK.  if you want to sleep with someone else you can do it real simply, just call up your wife and tell her you're through being married to her first.

I don't get it.  I've known quite a few guys over the years who wouldn't break any rule or company policy for any reason, they won't got 1 mph over the speed limit,  then they turn around and betray the one person who is supposed to always be on their side.  plus how do you manage to go to sleep next to a person who would likely kill you in your sleep if they found you out?

I work out of town a lot, and have had plenty of opportunity to cheat but never did.  one thing that always occurred to me was that any time I was away from my wife and having the opportunity to cheat she was away from me too.  my being faithful is no guarantee that she will but it keeps me from looking like a hypocrite if I ever were to find my self playing the part of outraged and indignant husband.

as far as politicians, it does make me think less of them(not that I really think much of any of them to start with).  a sure sign of a character deficiency.
 however, I don't look to politicians as leaders.  I look at it more as someone who I hire to hire the daily business of our country.  

I don't have to respect them if they do a good job at it.  I wouldn't want them as a friend.  I have no interest in personal relationships with them.

but if they do their job well they get my vote,  business is business.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2004, 01:25:41 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy

I don't have to respect them if they do a good job at it.  I wouldn't want them as a friend.  I have no interest in personal relationships with them.

but if they do their job well they get my vote,  business is business.

You don't think morals and ethics come into play in leadership?  You don't think that if you don't respect them, others won't either?

How can you rely on someone to make the decisions in YOUR best interest, when he's shown ethically that he'll betray someone he's pledged his trust to if it serves himself?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2004, 01:29:49 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
This stuff can really hurt someone.

One of my best buddies cought his **** potato whife ****ing one of his best friend, a childhood budy.

He changed, it had long lasting effects and I doubt he will ever be truely the funny and fun loving guy he was. He just lost something after that.

I was shocked when my buddies whife tried to stay friends with us. I had a VERY hard time not calling her a potato. She clearly was one.

I notice you've said nothing derogatory about his childhood buddy. Both are equally guilty in my eyes. Think about it, one of his best friends knew how much he loved his wife, yet decided to **** his wife behind his back.

No wonder your buddy is screwed up. He was ****** up by both his wife and his best friend.

Curious, are you and your buddy still friends with that "best friend" as well?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2004, 02:12:51 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Curious, are you and your buddy still friends with that "best friend" as well?

I supposed the quotes around "best friend" are a telling point :).

I have had few friends in life, I can basically count them on one hand but have had a lot of aquaintances...it doesn't seem to me that "best friend" was a friend at all.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2004, 03:52:32 PM »
SaburoS
 I was not friends with the guy. I was with the wife.

He is scum,  and they were both just as guilty, my admission was because we were never friends.

I would not have controlled my tongue had he tried to be after. All of my buddies friends who new this scumbag treated him just like the wife, basicaly not speaking to them.

My buddie no longer speak to this guy... it's pretty much killed his friendship with all the childhood friends, because they all though what he did to my buddie was horrible. (the scum not my buddie, everyone tried to be as supportive as of my friend as possible)

Oddly he tried to stay friends with them all and didnt understand why no one talked to him. I gues scum bags do not know they are one?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 03:55:15 PM by GtoRA2 »

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2004, 03:58:34 PM »
Everyone cheats.

If you think that your wife wouldnt do it if she got the chance, then you need your head examined.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2004, 04:01:35 PM »
I think it's okay if only cheated on you wife with that stacked 20 year old from purchasing named Susan.  Besides that it's wrong.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2004, 04:02:20 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Everyone cheats.

If you think that your wife wouldnt do it if she got the chance, then you need your head examined.

That says more about you than everyone else's wife.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2004, 04:04:34 PM »
You fools can keep on living in "lala land" with the belife "NOT MY WIFE".

If she gets a good setup, she will do it.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Gruntworth

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2004, 04:07:56 PM »
It sounds as if your having some doubts in your relationship with your wife GTO. Tell us some things about it and about these women you are sure you could cheat with at work.  You will feel better if you let it all out.

The New Guy