Author Topic: Netherlands Euthanizes Babies  (Read 3260 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Netherlands Euthanizes Babies
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2004, 11:34:24 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Or what would Jesus do?

The folks we're talking about are professionals. They're not a bunch of wired hooligans with free run of the hospital's 'good' stash and itching for something to euthanize.

LOL.

Hitler was a professional too.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2004, 11:38:26 PM »
Yeah but Hitler had free run of the 'good' stash of his entire country. And he even indulged, as it were.

Come on, don't compare doctors to Hitler.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2004, 11:41:19 PM »
Nash, the doctors are like any other human. Putting  that power in their hands is crazy.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2004, 11:59:18 PM »
I guess all I was trying to say is that these docs are people.

And then....  these other people enter into that whole world, with sadly messed up situations.

Some weird **** does go down in hosptials... but it's between the families and the doctors, and it's touchingly human.

I know how easy it could be to read an article like this, and without having gone through anything like it, just start yelling OH DEAR LORD!

But ya know... In those rooms, it's not about political decisions having moral rammifications that ripple throughout the countyside. It's 2,3,4 people... sad and agonizing... trying to decide what they think is right in the face of tragedy. It's personal. The rest doesn't even factor in.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2004, 11:59:20 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Or what would Jesus do?

Surround a premature birth with as much technology as you can fit into a room, and keep it alive artificially... knowing that it will never get beyond where it is now. It doesn't, and hasn't, responded to any treatment since it's birth a few weeks ago.

So.... just... merely being kept alive, because science knows how to do that, at least.

The folks we're talking about are professionals. They're not a bunch of wired hooligans with free run of the hospital's 'good' stash and itching for something to euthanize.

They know when something just is not going to work. Prolly seen it a thousand times, at least.

Should people be forced to subject their children to an apparatus that allows them to maintain a heart beat, and nothing else, just because a heart beat (and nothing else) can be achieved with machines?

So what would Jesus do?

Live and let live. Die and let die. Just a guess. No matter what, everyone winds up in a better place - aint that what they say?

My god I find myself in total agreement with Nash.

My opinion we play god by keeping by atrificial means the child alive and suffering when the affliction is beyond hope.

If we want God and God alone to play god then we leave it be and let God decide.
this entire aregument of "we're playing God is absurd"
Playing god works both ways.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2004, 12:01:56 AM »
Some children with severe birth defects will die.  This blows, but is the truth.  What I'm ****ing pissed off about is:

In August, the main Dutch doctors' association KNMG urged the Health Ministry to create an independent board to review euthanasia cases for terminally ill people "with no free will," including children, the severely mentally retarded and people left in an irreversible coma after an accident.

Don't bring up this "What would God" / "Don't play god" bull****.  All life is precious.  We have to help where we can.  

However, we should never concede defeat until we are actually beaten.  We don't pull that person in a coma off of life support because we feel he might not get better.  That remote chance off in the distance is always there.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:05:03 AM by lasersailor184 »
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2004, 12:08:51 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Some children with severe birth defects will die.  This blows, but is the truth.  What I'm ****ing pissed off about is:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In August, the main Dutch doctors' association KNMG urged the Health Ministry to create an independent board to review euthanasia cases for terminally ill people "with no free will," including children, the severely mentally retarded and people left in an irreversible coma after an accident.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yea and?
I will never understand why we euthanise animals to put them out of their misery and call it being "humane"
Yet we cant be "humane" and show the same mercy on people
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2004, 12:10:25 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
quote:

Yea and?
I will never understand why we euthanise animals to put them out of their misery and call it being "humane"
Yet we cant be "humane" and show the same mercy on people

Yeah, if some old person has a bad hip, we should just off them like we would do an old dog. Put them out of their misery and all.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2004, 12:14:06 AM »
I find it funny that the "liberals" here are the ones in favor of offing babies.

I thought human life was more valued by the libs.

What about the American who put the Iraqi insurgent out of his misery? Why was that not an act of mercy?

Liberals are amazing in many ways.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:17:30 AM by NUKE »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2004, 12:20:50 AM »
Liberals? You conservatives...

If for x, then against y.

There black, here white.

Death penalty, abortion.

Anything not quite as stark, well.... just doesn't seem to compute with yer lot.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2004, 12:22:18 AM »
My lot?

You have no clue what I think.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2004, 12:24:57 AM »
Ok, the lot you attempt to represent here.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2004, 12:32:08 AM »
Nash, you are barking up the wrong tree. I have NEVER claimed to represent anyone other than myself.

I love the hypocricy of some people here. On the one hand, it's okay to let a doctor decide weather or not a baby will get a chance to live, yet the same people say that  some dying Iraqi insurgent in a war zone should have the right to live.

And abortion...... liberals are the ones killing babies with no regard for life. It does not compute.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2004, 12:40:40 AM »
Funny how some folks can't help themselves from taking an issue and framing it liberal vs conservative.

You don't know jack **** about it and all you ever want to do is argue for argument's sake. It's basically why you got booted.

From euthanasia to liberal/conservative to nuke/nash. blah.

laterz

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2004, 12:40:52 AM »
There is a difference between terminaly ill and a bad knee. If you can't see that difference... :rolleyes:

PS: Driedock agrees with me? :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.