Author Topic: how iraq was, is, and shall continue to be a total f - up  (Read 8709 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
how iraq was, is, and shall continue to be a total f - up
« on: January 14, 2005, 08:14:01 AM »
coming soon.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
how iraq was, is, and shall continue to be a total mess
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 08:26:42 AM »
disclaimer.

all opinions expressed by the author are in no way meant to slander, disrespect or in anyway speak poorly about the american or coalition soldiers in the field or elsewhere.

they are the strength of this country, the defenders of our liberty and true patriots.

i am writing this, because there seems to be a natural tendancy for some to take opposition to be something aimed at them.

it is not.

in fact, i think that i can safely say that much of the opposition to the iraq war is on thier behalf.  both those whom i know and love and those that i will never meet and on the behalf of what i believe is the greater duty of america to the basic concepts of liberty and justice.

to believe that the war is wrong is not the same as saying that what a soldier is doing under orders is wrong.  to believe that a war should end is not the same as saying that those who have died have died in vain.  rather, it is to say that there should be no more dying of any man for the spoils of others.  

it is better to make a mistake and learn, than to make a mistake and continue.

(it should also be noted that said author is fully behind all operations in afghanistan and the hunt for and destruction of osama bin laden and other denationalised terrorist scum.)

further content to follow....
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 08:59:44 AM »
You are assuming that anyone would care about your opinions.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 09:16:56 AM »
I can't wait!!!
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 09:30:57 AM »
waiting..

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 09:32:57 AM »
Inflammatory
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 09:36:02 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Inflammatory

Where?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 09:36:48 AM »
Never in the course of O Club history has someone with so little to say, posted so much...........

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Please
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 09:39:17 AM »
As we wait for the Oracle of Knowledge to inform us, let's consider that America has a short memory.  Please recall your feelings on 9-11.  

War isn't fun.  War isn't easy.   That said, there is no army on earth that can last against the US military.  Not even close.

Unfortunately, as we found out in Viet Nam, guerilla war is the worst.   No uniforms, no front lines.    It's messy, deadly, and painful.

I praise Bush for not running even in the face of 1300 American military deaths.  We can't turn tail.   The loses are horrible, but far below anything seen in the past.  I am not mimizing the loss.  The families don't care if there were only a single loss, it would be so sad as to seem too much to bear.

We must press on.  Remember Khaddafy?  Sadam who?  We have work to do, and it will yield success.

Please don't get complacent just because time has salved your wounds from 9-11.

Hail the soldiers, and stay the course with the suppression of terrorism.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Re: Please
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 09:43:43 AM »
Originally posted by TalonX
As we wait for the Oracle of Knowledge to inform us, let's consider that America has a short memory.  Please recall your feelings on 9-11.  

War isn't fun.  War isn't easy.   That said, there is no army on earth that can last against the US military.  Not even close.

Unfortunately, as we found out in Viet Nam, guerilla war is the worst.   No uniforms, no front lines.    It's messy, deadly, and painful.

I praise Bush for not running even in the face of 1300 American military deaths.  We can't turn tail.   The loses are horrible, but far below anything seen in the past.  I am not mimizing the loss.  The families don't care if there were only a single loss, it would be so sad as to seem too much to bear.

We must press on.  Remember Khaddafy?  Sadam who?  We have work to do, and it will yield success.

Please don't get complacent just because time has salved your wounds from 9-11.

Hail the soldiers, and stay the course with the suppression of terrorism.

lol guy.. Some kinda programming they worked on you.. Perhaps you are too far advanced to be able to recover.. I dont know..

Short memory indeed! Iraqi did NOT attack us on 9/11.. holy ****ing **** dude.. HOW many times must this be reminded.. ???

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 09:47:54 AM »
Too bad there was no WMD or 9-11 attackers.
If US wanted to find terrorists, well, the tactic worked - however they really weren't there until US came.

btw. havent heard a thing about the search for Osama in a while.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Not limited to Iraq
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 09:51:43 AM »
I know who attacked us.  Is everyone who disagrees with you suffering from reprogramming?

Iraq supported terrorism.   The battles lines weren't drawn at the dead terrorists.....Once this effort was undertaken, and it was right to do so, we have to go all the way.

Who said, "When you see a snake poised to strike, you don't wait until he does, to kill it?"  (forgive the paraphrase, I didn't have time to look it up for accuracy).

I think that's wise.
-TalonX

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 09:54:18 AM »
The only one reason, why US do not pull out from Iraq is fact, that if they do it now (or if they did it in the past) most of the people in the world will consider them to be "Loosers"

Because after 2 years its more that clear, that Us army cant and dont know how to secure Iraq. And in the end, the will just leave it in chaos, like they did in Afghanistan.... just my trough... we will see

Same problem like Russian had in Afghanistan.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 09:58:17 AM »
INsolent

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Or...
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 09:58:26 AM »
"Losers"

But, we will be called losers, and worse, either way.    I don't think we should manage by what name we will be called.

Securing a country with guerillas is damn hard.  I am not a strategist, and don't have a clue.
-TalonX