Author Topic: Yet another reason why people disgust me.  (Read 3533 times)

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Yet another reason why people disgust me.
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2005, 03:11:39 PM »
karaya is a fatso, karaya is a fatso! :)

storch

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2005, 05:37:59 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
In soccer they taught us, if somebody gets in your face, and you know it's going to be a fight, headbutt them on the bridge of the nose. Then jump on them while their eyes water up. Never had to put that to the test though.

I can't tell if that's serious or not... but it's funny :)

...I wouldn't go as far as to call him a lemming. I've never been standing in like waiting on my McBreakfast and had somebody come maul me. A lemming would be somebody that sees the guy say something, get beat down, and is still dumb enough to say something. :)

1.  A good headbutt will break a nose and possibly close both eyes right up.

2. Totally serious,  typically the first punch thrown is for my nose, I just put my chin down to my chest and pop my head back up smiling.  I promise you that unless that guy routinely throws punches he ain't loving life for a l'il bit.  The next punch will be blocked using tai sabaki with a good shot to the kidneys, the fight is usually over after that.

3.  In public you should always be completely aware of what's going on around you.  Sometimes the heads up means the difference between being inside the bank that's being held up or going out the door as the bad guy comes in.  think about that.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2005, 05:46:43 PM »
Looks to me like if you had tried to block Godzillas first shot that way, you'd have ended up swallowing your nose instead of your teeth.  

Bout the only thing I'd do in that situation is run out to my car and grab my bat I keep in the trunk.  And even then I probably wouldn't use it, since you can kill someone with a "sucker punch" from a bat, and that is the only way I'd open up a fight with that monster.

If I was Shea Whitey in that situation it is hard to say what I'd have done... hopefully I'd have been paying enough attention to wtf was going on that the first punch wouldn't have turned out the lights, but who can say for sure.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2005, 07:24:09 PM »
When I break up a fight I like using my car.
:cool:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2005, 10:46:35 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
I'd put you on a leash and call you my beyatch.

I'm noone's biatch.  Never have been, never will.   Those pu$$ies should be arrested as well imo.  For a human being stand and watch some get knocked unconscious, and allow someone to get wailed on, is just as criminal as the act, IMO.

Karayal
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2005, 12:49:13 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I'm noone's biatch.  Never have been, never will.   Those pu$$ies should be arrested as well imo.  For a human being stand and watch some get knocked unconscious, and allow someone to get wailed on, is just as criminal as the act, IMO.

Karayal

That's what a beyatch would say.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2005, 01:38:13 AM »
Those guys that just stood there and did nothing are going to have to live with that.  I am 6'2" 240.   Not all that huge, not small.  I may have gotten pummeled to the floor by that guy, dunno... but I would have hopped in w/ out a moment's thought.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2005, 02:02:45 AM »
Well one should be aware of the enviornment and act accordingly. Remember, the bigger you are, the more threatened the other guy will feel and the chances are higher that he will shoot you.

I knew a man who got shot just for interjecting very briefly into an argument at a gas station between a guy and his woman. Appearantly this guy was billy ba back in his small town that he came from. And he opened his mouth without considering the difference of the enviornment he came from and a million plus population metropolitan city.  That resulted in him getting a 9mm pistol unloaded into him from the car next to him at a stoplight 5 minutes from the gas station.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2005, 02:41:51 AM »
Are you really allowed to shoot someone for a beating? I would think no, unless kicks to the head are being done which I didnt see. I think use of a firearm in that situation would be a little over the top. Maybe threaten him with it but use, I think you might get a manslaughter charge.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2005, 02:47:06 AM »
You think being violently physically assaulted isn't enough reason to shoot somebody? Then wtf is?

You better be ****ing trolling.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2005, 02:48:14 AM »
I think the law states your life has to be in jeopardy. Not just taking an bellybutton whoopin.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2005, 02:58:07 AM »
His life was in jeopardy. And he would've been acquited of all charges aside from firearm posession infractions had he shot the guy in any state worth a damn.

So to answer your question, yes, if somebody tries to beat you down you are allowed to shoot them.

Don't you think it would be completely stupid to make it illegal to shoot people who are trying to rob you, rape you, or beat you?

Hell that's what handguns are for.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 03:02:18 AM by Suave »

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2005, 03:03:35 AM »
I am not sure his life was in jeopardy. Just looked like he was getting his arse kicked.

Robbery I think follows the same law only if your life is in jeopardy. Rape is different. No you cant shoot someone for kicking your ass. Think how many shootings there would be everyday.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2005, 03:07:24 AM »
Originally posted by Suave
His life was in jeopardy. And he would've been acquited of all charges aside from firearm posession infractions had he shot the guy in any state worth a damn.

So to answer your question, yes, if somebody tries to beat you down you are allowed to shoot them.

Don't you think it would be completely stupid to make it illegal to shoot people who are trying to rob you, rape you, or beat you?

Hell that's what handguns are for.

so you use a handgun to break up a fight...I just saw on the news the other day someone did that here and got charged let me see if I can find it.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2005, 03:11:20 AM »
Ok I see it was verbal when the father intervened but here it is.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/4214509/detail.html

Conyers -- A Rockdale County man hosting a birthday party for his 16-year-old daughter shot dead one of the party guests while trying to break up a fight, police said Sunday.

Edward Leverette, 53, a retired bus mechanic, was jailed on felony murder and aggravated assault charges in the death of Reginal Pettway, 23, of Covington.

Police said Pettway and another party guest started fighting at about midnight Friday at Leverette's house at 690 Pleasant Hill Road in Conyers, and Leverette grabbed a gun.

"When the two young men were fighting it was just verbal and then when the father intervened it ended up being a tragedy," Rockdale County Police spokeswoman Jodi Shupe said. "People need to understand that guns are very dangerous and can result in death. It's not a way to try to intervene and try to stop a fight."

Neither Pettway nor the other guest was armed, police said.

Investigators said about 75 guests were at the party and they planned to interview each one