Author Topic: Yet another reason why people disgust me.  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Yet another reason why people disgust me.
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2005, 08:17:38 PM »
Then sir you are a fool!

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2005, 08:20:57 PM »
storch, I can only tell you that if it was me who had some unknown guy come up and steal my lunch my mind would go:

check1: what is he wearing? (gang or suit/tie or regular street clothes? Do I see anything on him which might indicate he's carrying a weapon?

check2: size him vs me

check3: backup? does he have friends // do I have friends here?

check4: reaction of people around me? (relates to check3)

check5: is that $4 burger really worth the trouble to knock the guy's teeth out?

Most likely i'd just say 'do you mind'? and if the guy gets all tough and vocal I WILL leave... and dial 911.

Those restaurants have cameras..and theft is theft. Even if its something AS stupid as this, if I want my 'ego' satisfied id rather feel good for having caused serious trouble for the one responsible (the lunch-nabber) than to get myself in a situation where I or others can get hurt and where even if I win a physical confrontation its likely id end up with legal troubles.

Then again, theres times when you have to intervene... Id probably wouldve taken something heavy and used it against the big fella in teh video.. then ran for it if I got his attention (hehehe).. or if it was a woman getting assaulted id jump in.

But for a freaking burger? not worth it.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2005, 08:21:02 PM »
Originally posted by Zulu7
Then sir you are a fool!

I'm a fool that wouldn't have been beaten.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2005, 08:33:13 PM »
What did the white guy do to piss off the black guy?  sadly there are times when some people need to get the sh*t beaten out of them.  Dunno bout this case but the black dude went beyond assault.  Beating a man with fists after he is knocked out is attempting to murder by my thinking.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 08:35:44 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2005, 08:35:56 PM »
ZULU..?   This is serious a serious subject.   You don't belong here...

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2005, 08:45:30 PM »
I LMAO after seeing that! lol

The big guy was probally hungry. Sheesh. Give the man a break.

:rofl

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2005, 08:47:42 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
What did the white guy do to piss off the black guy?  sadly there are times when some people need to get the sh*t beaten out of them.  Dunno bout this case but the black dude went beyond assault.  Beating a man with fists after he is knocked out is attempting to murder by my thinking.

In Maine, too.  They convicted some guy in Westbrook of it awhile back.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2005, 08:52:59 PM »
He was standing in line on his phone.  The Beast's girlfriend came in the store and passed everyone in line.  The victim said something along the lines of "Some lady just passed everybody" to the person he was talking to.  The girlfriend gets pissed and goes to get King Kong and the video you saw was a result.

I dont know about you guys but I cant stand the #!#@ that use their beastly significant others to pretty much get and do anything they want.  Good riddance she's on trial too.

Offline DmdBT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2005, 09:01:52 PM »
Had those bystanders intervened the news shows would have portrayed a very different story, one of two unfortunate African-American patrons being beset upon by a crowd of angry white men, the video shown on the air would have excluded her initial actions and concentrated on the rush of the bystanders on the pair. Truth be damned, ratings be praised.

I saw the video (minus sound) at work today, the woman turned to the guy on the phone after spitting on the employee and poked him in the face several times.

Ah well, let the lawsuits begin!

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2005, 09:08:53 PM »
take self defense lessons.
carry a weapon with you (not necessarily a gun) ,or something innocuos that can be used as a weapon,practice with it as often as possible: try to improve your time of drawing it, precision, drill with it until it becomes second nature to use it when you are attacked.
that big guy would not have acted so tough with a few cuts around the neck, or mace in his eyes, or even a fist with a big ring hitting him square in the temple.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2005, 09:39:04 PM »
Originally posted by Regular
I LMAO after seeing that! lol

The big guy was probally hungry. Sheesh. Give the man a break.

:rofl

So which one were you?

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 10:04:28 PM »
I love it.... I'm RedHeaded, German/Irish,  5'5" Retired ABN RCN.  I've been in many situations like this and grnn.  I'd have joined in after the 2nd punch.

But then again, I like cats.

taste like Chicken.

It is a shame though that no one stepped in.

Did I mention that Arizona has a exposed gun law?  You can still carry side arms, belt and holster in public.  Makes bad folks think twice of doing wrong in a situation like this.

Mac

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2005, 10:20:10 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
Even if several people intervened at once, that guy was probably big enough to handle several.  

If some bystander had a gun, even in classic situation of smaller person needing firearm to deter or defend against larger person,  would be vulnerable to excessive force charges.  

From size of bystanders seen in the video, dialing 911 seems to have been the logical reaction.

His Knees can only take several pounds of pressure to break.  

Those people that stood and watched were pu$$ies.  I'd have slapped the braod around too, had she spit at me.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2005, 10:34:57 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Not one, but two Intardnet badasses!  This thread ROCKS!

Puterman! :D

That guy is BIG... wouldn't like getting a punch from him, let alone 7...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2005, 10:41:31 PM »
To me it looks all planned.... she spits and then heads towards the door.. Big Black Buffoon attacks one guy, nearest the doorway.  Hmmmm maybe incase he was retaliated against.

Chicken Nuggets makes a MF'r Brave....

Inside knees woulda been the best shot.

But then again I used to collect stamps....

Mac