Author Topic: Yet another reason why people disgust me.  (Read 3527 times)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Yet another reason why people disgust me.
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2005, 10:49:54 PM »
******s...

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2005, 11:15:30 PM »
No doubt I would have stepped in.  Granted i'm 6'4" 220lbs, and big guys don't really intimidate me.  I've been in that situation, and I have stepped in.  What was said about the knees is correct.  Big guys like that have bad knees.

In re: to the Taco Bell incident, it's not worth the five bucks.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2005, 11:33:53 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
******s...

Yup.

storch

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2005, 11:36:06 PM »
Originally posted by spitfiremkv
take self defense lessons.
carry a weapon with you (not necessarily a gun) ,or something innocuos that can be used as a weapon,practice with it as often as possible: try to improve your time of drawing it, precision, drill with it until it becomes second nature to use it when you are attacked.
that big guy would not have acted so tough with a few cuts around the neck, or mace in his eyes, or even a fist with a big ring hitting him square in the temple.

The only weapon you are sure to have as long as you have breath is your brain.  There was nothing in that news clip that I saw that would cause me to shoot that individual.  That was purely an assault and battery.  it makes no difference how big the guy is.  he used no weapon during his assault.  this should be viewed as a cautionary tale to the observant,  I will be showing it at our dojo later today.  perhaps I'm a paranoid but I never get intoxicated and certainly never in public.  I don't go into crowds or street festivals.  If I'm in line waiting to be attended I make eye contact with everyone within one meter.  I constantly glance around and observe people.  aside from that everything about my physical being says "don't mess with me"  I'm not the kind of person people come and ask directions of.  That assailant could have been easily taken down by any two males there without even touching him with their hands.  Look at the video again and see how many opportunities for a kick to the knees were presented.  the term I was taught for that kick is "yoko fumikomi" he would be down crying like a little girl and no one would even know who kicked him. sadly we have been conditioned to unconditionally defer to blacks and minorities and blacks and minorities have seized upon this fact.  Aside from going to jail that assailant needed to have his arse kicked and seen on the news.  Not that pathetic display of effiminity that we have seen.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2005, 11:43:27 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
Even if several people intervened at once, that guy was probably big enough to handle several.  

If some bystander had a gun, even in classic situation of smaller person needing firearm to deter or defend against larger person,  would be vulnerable to excessive force charges.  

From size of bystanders seen in the video, dialing 911 seems to have been the logical reaction.

I dunno about this. Don't let the name fool you, I'm 6'3" 300Ibs and if I had 3 avg size guys( let alone 5-6) attack me at once, I'd be hard pressed not to get my butt kicked let alone win. Most I could probably do is hold them off enough to get away and in this case problem solved. Was very shocking to see!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2005, 12:23:45 AM »
Most people aren't violent He-men. Sh|t, most people aren't used to violence *at all.

These people didn't know each other. I'm pretty sure several of them thought 'shpild I intervene? If the others hhelp me, we'll have this guy, no problem.

But how do they know the others will help? They don't.

Big dude, used to violence. Comparatively small onlookers, none of them knowing if they'll get any assistance if they go in. And if statistics are anything to go on, most of them aren't used to violence at all.

Still, this case is pretty clear cut. Yet I don't blame the onlookers for being scared of the situation. Most non violent people would be.

Dying for a €5 pizza is stupid. Expecting everyone to mindread each other and, wordlessly, attack an attacker is not realistic.

Expecting others to have training in violence is presumptous.

There are other ways to prove your 'manhood' than by fighting off whoever you think is challenging it. If you need to do that to preserve your pride, your ego/pride is already pretty badly beaten up to begin with.

Always use your brain. Analyse, conclude, then act. Do not go to prettythangwhooping mode by default in any given situation.

Not going for violence isn't about being a ***** - I do some things that many macho men would be intimidated by. If you wanna show me you're not a *****, do something that potentially can hurt you pretty bad. Then get banged up doing it. Then continue doing it after you've healed up.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2005, 12:29:31 AM »
Just another reason to bring back segregation.... let them beat on each other.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2005, 12:49:34 AM »
Originally posted by spitfiremkv
a lawyer will eat your common sense and spit what's left of you to prison :p

common sense also dictates that coffee is supposed to be served hot, so now they put warnings on cups. :p

Maybe in other parts of the country! But in Texas we do things abit different.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2005, 01:05:23 AM »
What struck me is the owner/operator of the pizza place didnt help. He seemed to have been one of the primary causes of the incident and he didnt help that kid out one bit. Someone shoulda smashed a burning hot pizza on his head then broke his legs.

Offline cars

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2005, 04:55:20 AM »
I constantly glance around and observe people. aside from that everything about my physical being says "don't mess with me" I'm not the kind of person people come and ask directions of.
                                                                                  -storch-

I believe this to be the key. If he had better SA he maybe could have at least deflected some of those shots. I carry and I would have not even thought about shooting in that situation. Hard to imagine all those guys watching that and not helping the poor bastich. If I were him, I'd use the tape to get the identities of those that stood and watched and I'd give them a taste of it. Cowards disgust me. wombatt nailed it when he said we're becoming a nation of cowards.

cars

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2005, 06:45:56 AM »
the man behind the assailant should have done something about it.  he was certainly large enough to have matched him on the pound for pound scale.

what bothers me even more is that in the link to the article that was posted, they wrote that few people helped the guy even after the other guy had left.

probably more concerned with getting back home to watch television.

they should have put him in jail for life, though lord only knows what the woman said the victim did to get him that riled up.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2005, 06:55:10 AM »
OMG I just watched the video. That guy was using a cell phone in an eating establishment, he got what he deserved. I'm sure the people watching were thinking the same thing.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2005, 07:00:45 AM »
Originally posted by AWMac

Did I mention that Arizona has a exposed gun law?  You can still carry side arms, belt and holster in public.  Makes bad folks think twice of doing wrong in a situation like this.
Mac

Can't you do that in every state? I thought the point of getting a concealed carry permit was so that you didn't have to walk around with you gun in plain view.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2005, 07:08:51 AM »
Santa brings up a good point, most people have never been exposed to violence. And the first time they are, even cops, respond with overwhelming inactivity.

That's why they train swat teams and ninjas to be violent in the assault, throwning things that go boom, cussing and yelling etc. The idea is that the surprise shock and awe will cause everybody to behave like the deer in the headlights, but still be able to follow simple commands.

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2005, 08:08:07 AM »
Originally posted by Raider179
What struck me is the owner/operator of the pizza place didnt help. He seemed to have been one of the primary causes of the incident and he didnt help that kid out one bit. Someone shoulda smashed a burning hot pizza on his head then broke his legs.

Totaly false.  The primary and only cause of this is that beast and his GF.  It was their actions.  He chose to beat on that guy and it wasn't because of anyone elses actions.

That guy getting 4 years doesn't do a damn thing.  it won't change him.  He will be back out on the street a little older with the same attitude.

Segregation because of race, color or religion is not good.  But segregating animals like that out of the general population for good wouldn't hurt.

Let's make New York a maximum security prison and stick all these animals there!!