Author Topic: Evidence for life on Mars  (Read 3631 times)

storch

Evidence for life on Mars
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2005, 06:55:43 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Actually if earth was unique among planets it would prove intelligent design. If life starts randomly given the proper conditions, there are millions and millions of suitable planets in the universe. If evolutionists are right, they should be populated widely.

A bigger question is if mankind will ever know of another species due to the huge distances and limited lifespan. And by that I mean lifespan as in individuals and as species.

as an intelligent designer and creator (as it were) I have designed and constructed many different items and have never stopped, nor will I as long as I am physically able.  since I was created in the image of my creator (not necessarily physically) and was instilled with these atributes by my creator it is easy for me to believe that I am mimicking the creators ceaseless creativity when I create.  who says he started and ended with this orb?

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2005, 07:08:54 AM »
Well let's turn it the other way. What kind of scientific evidence can you find that actually supports creationist outlook in any way? There are an abundance of evidence pointing to the opposite direction.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2005, 07:24:51 AM »
Another planet to pillage.   Maybe 2 years after landing we could have a war.

Leave Mars alone.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2005, 07:26:03 AM »
Well let's turn it the other way. What kind of scientific evidence can you find that actually supports creationist outlook in any way? There are an abundance of evidence pointing to the opposite direction.

Have you opened your blinds and looked around lately?
:D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2005, 07:27:01 AM »
If it's so obvious, point out a few things.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2005, 07:40:36 AM »
If you are totaly convinced that some big explosion or whatever started all that you see out that window such as life itself, trees, grass, animals, then I could point till I wore out a few fingers and it would do no good.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2005, 07:53:18 AM »
You don't need to go that far Jackal.

Creationism means inevitably that all species were created at once i.e. world was made ready. How do you explain all the evidence pointing to evolution?

//Edit: If you need God to explain things that you don't see or understand, do you believe in basic biology? Seismology? Astronomy?

Afterall, all these are things you never see happen really, some events take a million generations to occur or are simply too distant or tiny to witness..
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:02:25 AM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2005, 08:02:48 AM »
I have never seen anything in the evolution theory that impressed me at all.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2005, 08:21:53 AM »
They didn't teach you this stuff at school?

Did you have a purely religious upbringing?

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2005, 08:56:28 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
I have never seen anything in the evolution theory that impressed me at all.

I fail to see how Creationism. and evolution cant co exist.

Evolution is nothing more then adaptation to a changing environment/Diet etc over long periods in time.
 And we see it all over the place including man

In the majority of cases I've heard of they support one another.

the story of Moses is a good example of this.
Everything in there is scientifically explainable.
Now this doesnt take anything away from God IMO
Because the real miracle isnt that these things happened but that Moses knew they would happen.

THAT is the part I find astounding. I mean expecting someone of those times to understand these naturally occuring events is like expecting a 4 year old to understand quantum physics without ever being taught.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2005, 09:02:52 AM »
So you actually take the flooding story as a historical fact? Meaning that all species of the world today were put in one wooden boat while the whole planet sunk under water?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2005, 09:14:06 AM »
They didn't teach you this stuff at school?

Being "taught" that would mean that I bought into the whole lame thing.
It was put forth for what it was, a theory, and was presented as such.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2005, 09:16:41 AM »
Excuse me, but I must chuckle a bit now.

Being "taught" that would mean that I bought into the whole lame thing.

So you prefer to trust hand copied 2000 year old information based on ancient mythology? :D

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2005, 09:22:02 AM »
Excuse me, but I must chuckle a bit now.

So you prefer to trust hand copied 2000 year old information based on ancient mythology? :D

I prefer to trust common sense and what I can see and understand with my own eyes.
Do you prefer to trust a theory, an unsubstaniatated theory, put together and added to by ones grasping at straws with maybe just a touch too much time on their hands and very vivid imaginations? :D

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2005, 09:30:24 AM »
So you actually take the flooding story as a historical fact? Meaning that all species of the world today were put in one wooden boat while the whole planet sunk under water?

There is in fact Geological evidence that the world or a very large part of it was indeed covered by a flood.
and not a hard streach to imagine considering 3/4 of it is already covered by water

Every species? No. Not every species would need to have been.

Now take into account the size of the Ark
300 Cubits long
50 cubits wide
30 cubits tall

A cubit is about the size of the length of an average mans forearm from elbow to fingertip (about 18 inches)

That makes the ark no small boat.
Boken up into decks
Its floor space alone would have been about  100,000 square feet and its total cubic volume would have been 1,518,000 cubic feet

Now there is over 1 million species of animals on the earth but most of them are not dependant of land to survive. Whales ,Fish, and Even ducks I hear do quite well in watery environments.

Really at the time of Noa only about 35,000 species would have needed to go on the ark. Many of not all the really large ones could have been young.
even if you bumped that number to 50,000 that would still only take up about 37% of the ark
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty