Author Topic: Tired of it  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 11:50:12 PM »
Originally posted by Scrap
THE CURE:

Grab a zeke.  Most Lghey7 pile-its will stick around to fight u.  Problem is, once they get into a turnfight with you most will have lost too much E (cept shane) to run quick enough.  Purrrrrrrrfect opportunity for a good dead 6 shot (if ya haven't allready hit them in a snap :D ).

The heck with a Zeke, grab an IL-2, climb to 15k and go find a fight. That damn IL-2 will do 480+ in a dive and not compress. And, those 23mm cannon will shred anything. I'm just not sure if those wings were swept back before or after the dive....  

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Tired of it
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 11:57:05 PM »
Witout a lot of wishy washy jibber jabber in answer to the original post intention.................... ............................. ....................
I agree!!!!!! Perk the LAdweeb7!!!!!
It's only right:D

Seems rediculous that the Chog is perked and not the lala. :confused:

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 12:10:36 AM »
And now a pause for station identification.

~AoM~

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 12:13:15 AM »
Originally posted by Scrap
BTW! Shane, do you still have that film of me and Spacer tanglin with ya?

probably... the one in the MA?  will have to look for it  if you can recall an approximate date, it'd be helpful.

i also did delete allllllll my films the other day (about 15 folders @80-100 each)  but kept films from about a week ago and onwards.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Tired of it
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 12:15:04 AM »
When y'all say pony do y'all mean both ponies or just the Delta?

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 03:21:54 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
i see more FW's that La7's go zooming past to make a one-pass vulchicide run.

Thats because all the friggin La7 drivers dont get any alt. They tend to stay on the deck. Like someone is gonna turnfight an lgay on the deck in a 190.

I would even go as far as to say perk all the late war rides and maybe give newbs a few perks to mess with. Might make the arena a little more fun when its not 5 la7s and 3 spits coming to ho 1 plane.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Tired of it
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 03:44:31 AM »
Morpheus - excuse me for butting in here. ;)

I found it frustrating to have to deal with the same 3-4 types of aircraft hour after hour. The fact that so many folks flew the same 3 planes and ignored the other 67 made me realise that these folks have no interest in what WW2 warfare was about. They just want an arcade shoot-em-up, and the best possible platform from which to achieve it.

It saddens me to see that there is so little interest left in WW2 amongst those who play this game. But that is the cross that I believe HTC must bear by opting for a flat rate pricing plan. It's no longer good enough to have say 500 dedicated guys all paying $2/hr and running up monthly bills of $100/$200/$400 or even more. With a flat rate pricing policy, HTC has to go for every single customer it can get. Unfortunately it's a fact of life that when a game is made available to s**m**s, then s**m***s is what we'll get.  A game that costs only 50 cents a day will inevitably attract a younger element - hence the need for all the language/profanity filtering. For me, the problem with the younger element was two-fold. Besides just wanting a shoot-em-up, they are too young to remember the relevance of WW2. As a post-war baby-boomer, it was my parents' generation that fought in the war. But for the LA7 noobs being complained about here, it was their grandparents or even their great-grandparents that were in the war. For them, WW2 is about as significant as the Crimean War is to me. :(

What's the latest on the ENY balancer? Didn't that take care of the excess uberplanes? Or was it whined out of the game? :rolleyes::lol

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 05:50:26 AM »
bahhh  the "they are noobs, so they fly it"  pfft

first plane i flew was a P47-D40.  i saw 8x50 cals and all those rounds, started to drool.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Tired of it
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 07:02:26 AM »
first time i played was in a spit1, i saw the 8xbrownings and also drooled.

took me many deaths to figure that 2 cannons beats 8x brownings easily.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Tired of it
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 07:31:25 AM »
It's a good thing that I can't search the score boards by plane and post pilot names of those who fly the La7 on a regular basis...what a "Wall of Shame" that would be.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tired of it
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 07:41:16 AM »
Originally posted by Goth
For the love of God...perk the La7. I am sick to death of those running weenies. I literally spent all night chasing Lamer7 piluts. Even a 3 pt perk would make some of these timid boys not fly it and leave it to the fighting pilots who do.

::sigh:: As anyone who has owned a dog will tell you.
Never chase after it.

Remember this saying.

"Pet comes to Master, Master doesnt chase pet"

Turn away. He'll come back.

Just remember to keep half an eye on him.

Then when he comes back.
Spank his overconfident little arse
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 08:07:25 AM »
For the love of God...perk the La7. I am sick to death of those running weenies.  

The name Runstangs, I believe was coined back in the AW days.

Same complaints, somethings never change.....

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Tired of it
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 08:34:20 AM »
Ohhhhhhhh, another 'perk the ###' thread!!!

Just fly Hurricane for a tour. Youll stop relying on speed to get kills. And you learn not to start a futile chase. Hell, even bombers can run from a Hurri. That doesnt mean you cant get and land kills in it - turning *and* BnZ.

Eventually, they turn around. If they dont, just look for something else to kill.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2005, 09:03:03 AM »
For the love of God...perk the La7. I am sick to death of those running weenies. I literally spent all night chasing Lamer7 piluts. Even a 3 pt perk would make some of these timid boys not fly it and leave it to the fighting pilots who do.

Yeah ... perk it ... thats the answer ... that will stop them from running immediately.

Think about it .... they run now without any cost to them ... perk it and what makes you think that they won't run even more when they have something to lose ?

I think that one should have to spend 100 perks to write a post whining about the La-7.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Tired of it
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2005, 09:12:46 AM »
It's a good thing that I can't search the score boards by plane and post pilot names of those who fly the La7 on a regular basis...what a "Wall of Shame" that would be.

I fly em and I have no qualms about fighting anything that comes at me. Then again being a dweeb I fly just about anything there is.  So please add my name to the wall of shame!

If you can't spell I'll help.... it's R  E  N

or you can spell it as D A M N E D      R E N

And anytime you see me be sure to say hi!

Lessee, I think I need to fly a Spit V tonight...maybe a Zero! Naw, I'm kinda partial to SPIT 9S's!!! Wait! How about a Pony? Yak? Forky? Hog? Jug? Darn...I just can't seem to make up my mind. I'm such a dweeb.

Maybe all planes should be perked so you have to learn to fly them before you can fly them. Hmmmm....catch-22? Did I say I was Damned....guess I am!

Honest suggestion...learn to deal with LA-7's. I have just as much fun shooting them down as flying them.

If people spent as much time learning to fly as they do whining about perkies they might become great sticks!

_____________________________ _____________
Damned Ren , Ren, Dweeb...
:rofl :lol :rofl :lol :rofl :lol :rofl