Author Topic: Will ToD work or will it be another CT  (Read 3367 times)

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Will ToD work or will it be another CT
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2005, 06:09:24 PM »
Sorry if I started to get angry with my second post but the CT has a special place in my heart. I was about to give up on AH until one day the MA went down. I looked on the arena list and said 'Hm, combat theater, wonder what that's all about?'

I hopped in and realized that I had been mining coal in the MA all the while I was sitting on a diamond. I couldn't believe I had overlooked it the whole time I was in there and I never looked back.

I up every now and then in the MA and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Pilot quality aside (I have no right to judge others since I suck so bad) it just doesn't feel right to me being in a formation of 110's and get jumped by a la7, p51, and 190 all at the same time. Not that I care how good the plane is, it just feels wrong to have all those different planes from different countries and theaters team up. Like I said before, it feels like some wacky alternate universe, not a WWII flight sim.

I'm obviously in the minority, the numbers speak for themselves.

I'm sorry you've had a sour experience in there humble, in my own time I've found it to be something quite different.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2005, 06:15:58 PM »
Originally posted by Longdist
I fly TOD on Fridays as well and I don't think the TOD is anything like the CT.  

Pssssst.............YO! What is being asked about here is TOD, the upcoming addition to Aces High. An entirely new game so to speak.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2005, 06:23:12 PM »
"Where do I fail in faithfully following this dicta. Who authored it? "

The guy who wrote that was flying a 100 MPH wood and fabric deathtrap armed with 1 unreliable gun, not a 350 MPH killing machine armed with banks of automatic cannon.

Incedentally, he didn't survive the war, and neither did his star pupil.

J_A_B

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2005, 06:29:19 PM »
I prefer Malan's 10 rules for air fighting-

1. Wait until you see the whites of his eyes. Fire short bursts of one to two seconds only when your sights are definitely "ON"
2. Whilst shooting think of nothing else, brace the whole of your body: have both hands on the stick: concentrate on your ring sight.
3. Always keep a sharp lookout. "Keep your finger out".
4. Height gives you the initiative.
5. Always turn and face the attack.
6. Make your decisions promptly. It is better to act quickly even though your tactics are not the best.
7. Never fly straight and level for more than 30 seconds in the combat area.
8. When diving to attack always leave a proportion of your formation above to act as a top guard.
9. INITIATIVE, AGGRESSION, AIR DISCIPLINE, and TEAM WORK are words that MEAN something in Air Fighting.
10. Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

Mainly because Malan is my fave pilot of ww2.:)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2005, 06:30:27 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I'm never, ever on 200 ever.  I never start the verbage but will gladly , joyfully respond to an assault.  If you treat me with civility I respond in kind.  Plus unless you repeatedly change your handle I've never even seen you on.  that in and of itself speaks volumes about you.

let's analyze your last statement.

1.  I usually fly axis not always but usually.  so perhaps memory fails and you flew allied.

2.  I'm never on 200 so perhaps you meant Ch1 and memory again fails you.

3.  you were having a bad day and you "commented" on ch 200 to a guy that wasn't on there and he responded?  hmmm I don't get it.  you don't want to catch attitude from me then don't engage me.

4.  the only guy I recall being purposely rude to is Dedalos.  He watched me turn for five minutes with an opponent.  when I finally got the advantage on the opponent he drops in and picks the guy.  I told him that I didn't appreciate that and that I didn't need his help.  It was a very well flown fight between me in a Ki61 and the opponent (who I never even fired at) in an FM2.  Dedalos responded with a rude comment and I turn was rude to Dedalos.  I asked him not to even give me a check six ever again.

let me offer some solutions, this what I would do if you annoyed me.

1. .squelch storch

or

2. find storch's address, visit him and kick his arse.

or

3. stfu and play the stupid game.

some of you guys are real gems.

:D

Everytime I comment on or about the CT you seem to want to get up close and personal about it....

I specifically remember you being both rude & obnoxious...maybe I caught you on a bad day...truthfully I could care less one way or another. I've flown here since Beta and online since 1994...cant think of more than 2 or 3 times I've ever been "uncivil"...

The real issue here isnt me...or you...

The sad reality is the CT isnt what it used to be...I havent seen high enough numbers to even warrent a trip in months. When ever I post an "attack" (which is nothing other than a pretty candid observation of the reality of the CT) you and others immediately make it a "humble sucks" issue instead of dealing with the issue at hand....

As I've said before to you and others....

anytime anyplace anyplane

Now I'd love to have a 1 on 1...or a 1 on 2...or a 1 on 3 sometime in the CT...

What you described is beyond my recent experience...I havent found anything less then a gaggle in the CT....I have all kinds of great 1 on 1's in the MA with 400+ people on....but cant find a decent fight in the CT.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2005, 06:32:46 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
I thought this post was to discuss the up and comming TOD...
but alas its typical of the likes of some of the CT gang to spoil..

by the way storch .. i enjoyed the childish name calling and threats in MA the other night on private channel.. my wife and I laughed and laughed... what was it you put up on private text,, somthing like " if you say anything bad about the Ct im gonna kill you"? and what was that name you called me ? "tw@t"?it was somthing like that...  thats the sort of thing that keeps me and my squad out of CT....nice one..

LOL....

sounds just like the noob I know....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2005, 06:44:18 PM »
This pissing match is GHEY.

You ladies need to start putting some ass, behind those swings.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2005, 07:07:04 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Everytime I comment on or about the CT you seem to want to get up close and personal about it....

Humble, that's all you can expect from these guys.

In a different thread I asked a question that went unanswered, although this thread answers it quite succinctly.

Why is it that a dead skunk draws a bigger crowd than the CT?

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2005, 07:11:15 PM »
storch, im guessing it was winston who wrote that, or someother UK guy, sounds clever so must be :)

and you dont fly in packs of 4 to 6.

plank, you know i was fooling mate, we had some real goos fights and i think you only ho'ed after i got lucky twice in rapid succesion :)

I'll be in CT alot more if MA remains the same.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2005, 07:11:55 PM »
haha Humble. NO worries bro. They can't cut it in the MA so they play pretend in the CT.

Every time I would go to the CT I'd be called a cherry picker for grabbing and running down the tard that just picked me while I was in a fight ealier.
Or I'd be told to go back to the MA for helping out a friendly that clearly was about to die. I wrecked their gang bang is more like it.

Just can't win.

If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2005, 07:15:26 PM »
I think they should fight it out, thunderdome style.  TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES.

I've stated my views on the CT on more than 1 occasion so i dont think i shall this thread.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2005, 07:27:27 PM »
I tried CT agin last night, looked like LW had a somewhat better plane set (G2, G6, A5)... vs.  La5 and H2C---20 guys, 13 or so were LW.... most all of them were one squad...got into a 1  on....many... most every time up (1 on ONE taxes MY abilities;) Saw several showing up 15-20k before entering the fight (for which they already had overwhelming #'s) ...I dont mind dying every time..if I can at least have a FIGHT; (DID have a few good fights at first).... (WHY else would ya come to CT except to furball?)  Low numbers preclude anythin else--Anyhow, the whole lot of 8-10 of them would whack ya at once...no dog fight, just a summary execution...in the end they orbited the base and vulched. NOW, HOW is this better than the MA? Peeps who criticize the CT who dont FLY CT PROBably dont fly there much because they have had similar experiences. ..What was this thread about..oh yah, TOD, Im all for it;
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2005, 07:28:29 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Humble, that's all you can expect from these guys.

In a different thread I asked a question that went unanswered, although this thread answers it quite succinctly.

Why is it that a dead skunk draws a bigger crowd than the CT?

My regards,

Widewing

Widewing....

What I dont understand is the need to make a general observation personal. Especially since were not dealing with the "wundersticks" here. Since I tend to post some stuff (both good and bad) in the training forum its not hard to get a measure of where I stand in the overall scheme of things...certainly not the ace of aces and not a total noob either.

Now if I'm sitting there mouthing off with a "I'm better than all you wuzzes"..."you cant beat me cept when you gang me" "you all are chumps" then I can see the hostility. All I've said repeatedly is they fly in gaggles and gang the odd guy out and I dont see the logic in hanging around since "they" dont seem to want to square things up.

What I find funny is the high esteem they hold themselfs in and the distain they have for the "MA" folks when with a few notable exceptions lik oldman they are basically middle of the pack at best.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2005, 07:30:19 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
I tried CT agin last night, looked like LW had a somewhat better plane set (G2, G6, A5)... vs.  La5 and H2C---20 guys, 13 or so were LW.... most all of them were one squad...got into a 1  on....many... most every time up (1 on ONE taxes MY abilities;) Saw several showing up 15-20k before entering the fight (for which they already had overwhelming #'s) ...I dont mind dying every time..if I can at least have a FIGHT; (DID have a few good fights at first).... (WHY else would ya come to CT except to furball?)  Low numbers preclude anythin else--Anyhow, the whole lot of 8-10 of them would whack ya at once...no dog fight, just a summary execution...in the end they orbited the base and vulched. NOW, HOW is this better than the MA? Peeps who criticize the CT who dont FLY CT PROBably dont fly there much because they have had similar experiences. ..What was this thread about..oh yah, TOD, Im all for it;

Exactly my experience...yet these same guys will taunt you and call you out from the safety of 10 friends and 10k in alt:)

VWE

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2005, 07:44:45 PM »
in the end they orbited the base and vulched.

Before piping in humble, maybe you should have been there... the vulching was taking place by the 68's squad from the MA. Most CT regulars will let you get some alt before engaging unless a base capture is in progress.