Author Topic: "Hanoi Jane" apologizing for vietnam trip  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
"Hanoi Jane" apologizing for vietnam trip
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2005, 10:27:14 AM »
Originally posted by mosgood
Like I said... maybe I'm wrong.  Airhead...  this is the second thread in a row that you have been totally defensive and construed something I've said into an attack on you.  I never said "You Love Jane Fonda".  I said that you might not have the same reference that others might have.  Drama can be entertaining... is that what your goal is here?  because you seem to like to turn a lot of my opinions into a dramatic scene where you feel attacked.

what's up?

Sorry if it seemed I was getting personal Mosgood- it's a subject I don't like, and one that I should avoid. And drama sucks.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2005, 11:13:17 AM »
FWIW,

I am on another bbs of retiree's. There is a secondary portion of it set aside for Veterans. The current post feeling is 100% in support of the spitter. No one has posted a singel word in support of jane. Perhaps those Vets on that bbs who would feel sympathetic to her just don't want to post but to date there are no kind words thee for her. Nope, I didn't post on it either, I just looked the thread over.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
Re: "Hanoi Jane" apologizing for vietnam trip
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2005, 12:13:41 PM »
Originally posted by tapakeg
story

Not really apologizing, but says the trip was a mistake. I just might Tivo 60 minutes this Sunday

Tapakeg

Now that sentiment has changed we should go back to Vietnam and kick out the Commies.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2005, 12:21:56 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
You can't see the difference between soldiers on the opposing side and someone on your side that gives aid and comfort to the enemy?

You crack me up.

Of course there's a difference. Just noting two types of people who did things in their youth that they may not be proud of today.  The degree of forgiveness of the people on this BBS would be much higher for a Nazi than for Jane.

OK then... would you spit in the face of Tokyo Rose? I bet (if she were alive) some of the Jane haters on this BBS would pay money to hear her speak.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2005, 02:09:36 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
FWIW,

I am on another bbs of retiree's. There is a secondary portion of it set aside for Veterans. The current post feeling is 100% in support of the spitter. No one has posted a singel word in support of jane. Perhaps those Vets on that bbs who would feel sympathetic to her just don't want to post but to date there are no kind words thee for her. Nope, I didn't post on it either, I just looked the thread over.

This is why I don't like talking about this- right away it becames an issue of "supporting" Jane Fonda instead of an issue over rather spitting on someone- ANYONE- is acceptable behavior.

It was wrong, classless and portrays Veterans in a negative light- and it has nothing to do with Jane Fonda and everything to do with the actions of Michael Smith.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2005, 02:20:13 PM »
I heard that Airhead shot Staga when he was in the 'Nam.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2005, 05:14:47 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead

Oh, as a member of the 60s generation I must inform you that you're full of **** on that one too- as a matter of fact there was LESS drug abuse, and LESS (i mean, like NONE) casual sex than there is among young people today. We did sports, went to proms, tuned our Chevys in Auto Shop, and met at the lake for kegger parties on Saturday nights- pretty tame stuff compared to what kids are doing today.

Heh... I don't know where you were. Me and my ilk pretty much drank, drugged, had casual sex with multiple partners, girlfirends, other people's girlfriends (sometimes in the same day) right up until about 1978. We did drugs, drank and went to proms, Worked on and raced our Cars,  met at the beach and out in the woods for parties from hell complete with about everything you could think of including handguns. I'm suprised any of us are still alive. And I sure as hell didn't want to go to Nam.

Woof

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2005, 05:25:24 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
I heard that Airhead shot Staga when he was in the 'Nam.

Vietnam wasn't a game Curval. What posessed you to make a statement like that?

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2005, 05:32:01 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Of course there's a difference. Just noting two types of people who did things in their youth that they may not be proud of today.  The degree of forgiveness of the people on this BBS would be much higher for a Nazi than for Jane.

OK then... would you spit in the face of Tokyo Rose? I bet (if she were alive) some of the Jane haters on this BBS would pay money to hear her speak.

Apples and oranges.

Nobody forced Hanoi Jane to do what she did.  Therefore I'll have to cancel any boo-hoo's for her at this time.

Besides, right or wrong, "Tokyo Rose" (Iva Ikuko Toguri) paid the price for her actions, as opposed to getting rich off of them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 05:36:39 PM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2005, 05:36:23 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
Vietnam wasn't a game Curval. What posessed you to make a statement like that?

You don't need to tell me that mate...my wife got out in 1975.

It was an attempt at humour...obviously it failed.

No disrespect meant.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2005, 05:43:52 PM »
Heya Curv,
 How old was your wife?

how does she feal about the whole thing? The war and the pullout etc?

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2005, 06:42:04 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Blameing Jane for the torture that was infliced on US airman is kind of silly. Her letting her self be used by the North  was pretty stupid. Her using her name and fame to try and show the US what its airforce was doing in north vietnam was a good idea. One that had its intended effect and contributed to the saving of many lives that apperenlty some of you would still be takeing and throwing away.

Using that logic, any well meaning American that went to Germany or Japan or France during world war two, to sit on an 88 with a big grin on their face, to show solidarity with the German people and point out the thousands of innocent women and children that where being killed by the US Airforce would have been saving lives. Then they could have come back and brought Nazi propoganda to further "Aid and comfort the enemy". It sure sounds logical to me.

The peoples representatives. The Congress and the Senate, and the President make those decisions. If their wrong they can answer to the people. We don't need two bit actresses giving aid and comfort to the enemy to point out S**t.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2005, 07:01:11 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Heya Curv,
 How old was your wife?

how does she feal about the whole thing? The war and the pullout etc?

She was 10 years old at the time.

Difficult to say really...she doesn't talk about the war much.  I'll ask her if you like.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2005, 07:09:17 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
She was 10 years old at the time.

Difficult to say really...she doesn't talk about the war much.  I'll ask her if you like.

Yeah, ask her if she thinks America was doing the right thing fighting against the communist north.

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2005, 08:16:04 PM »
so I see a colonel swear on his life that Hanoi Jane passed the notes from P.O.W.'s  to the torture commanders?

I really think a physical assualt would ok'd by me. She is a disgusting traitor still in our country...

Nothen liek a punch in the nose to remind her of the pain and torture she not only cuased our soldiers but there family and friends

ya...punch in the nose,,,every other month

wonder if shes signgn books up here soon

i may need to start defense fund

and MT..you are off your rocker..you comparing soldiers to civilians?...lolol..wow