Author Topic: "Hanoi Jane" apologizing for vietnam trip  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
"Hanoi Jane" apologizing for vietnam trip
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2005, 10:41:39 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Ya know, there were quite a few vets who got spit on themselves, some were just returning from their tour or released from the service. Seems only fair that fonda should experiance it as well. Hell I experianced it and hadn't even served in Nam, didn't phase the spitter, I just had a uniform on.

Other than that I agree that it was a bit over the top. A pie in the face would have been better but that is treserved for other political statements I suppose.

A pie in the face may have been more appropiate, as it makes a political statement without being over the top, but spitting is just vile and disgusting- especially to spit in someone's face.

All Mr. Smith does is make Vets look vindictive, angry and anti-social- in other words he perpetrates a 35 year old myth.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2005, 10:52:38 AM »
Sorry but it seems to me the anti-war protesters were the ones that were vindictive, angry and anti-social-.

I've never thought of vets in a bad way.

But then again I'm not a liberal. I see things the way they are while liberals see things any way they want to.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2005, 11:21:35 AM »
Originally posted by Mighty1
Sorry but it seems to me the anti-war protesters were the ones that were vindictive, angry and anti-social-.

I've never thought of vets in a bad way.

But then again I'm not a liberal. I see things the way they are while liberals see things any way they want to.

OK, let me tell you "the way it is-" Spitting is vile, disgusting and speaks poorly of the very same people he claims to have spoken for by this act of (being kind here) "protest."

If you wish to see this as a black and white, liberal vs. conservative issue, like you see every issue, then you're missing the bigger picture- Vets should be dignified, not spitting on people.

Mr. Smith doesn't represent me- he's a disgusting emberassment to Vets.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2005, 12:15:15 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
OK, let me tell you "the way it is-" Spitting is vile, disgusting and speaks poorly of the very same people he claims to have spoken for by this act of (being kind here) "protest."

If you wish to see this as a black and white, liberal vs. conservative issue, like you see every issue, then you're missing the bigger picture- Vets should be dignified, not spitting on people.

It wasn't just spit....IT WAS CHEW SPIT.  The guy was quoted as saying ne normally doesnt chew tabacco but did for this occasion.

As a vet. I'd wait in a mile long line to shake this guys hand.  I do the same for the oppertunity to spit on Jane Fonda......I'd do the time for it to!

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2005, 12:34:19 PM »

No he may be an emberassment to you but to other vets he did a good thing.

BTW just because I see things black or white doesn't mean I "Miss" anything.

I just don't try to look at everything in a touchy feely way.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2005, 12:43:09 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

As a vet. I'd wait in a mile long line to shake this guys hand.  

As would I!   :aok

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
My uncle served in the 'Nam, I was too young. I asked him this morning if he heard about the spitter becoming the spittee. He said they guy was probably over the line but added that he was glad he wasn't there because he'd have spit that tobacco juice on a nade for lube before ramming it up her...nevermind.

Forgiveness is a gift granted by the offended only when the offender is deemed to be honest in their expressions recanting past actions, not when the "remorse" is thinly veiled and only issue during a book tour.

Rot in hell Hanoi Jane, and take Ted with you!

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2005, 05:38:57 PM »
Originally posted by Mighty1

I just don't try to look at everything in a touchy feely way.

I don't either Mighty1- I look at more as becoming what we despise.

If this type of protest is to be condoned as being legitimate then I guess what you're saying is those people who spit on returning Vets were just as justified to spit on them as Mr. Smith was to spit on Jane Fonda.

I just can't buy that- like I said, a pie in the face I would have chuckled at- but spitting is over-the-top, regardless of who's spitting and why.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2005, 05:40:17 PM »
Just wait a couple more years and pi** on her grave.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2005, 05:50:30 PM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
Just wait a couple more years and pi** on her grave.

Got a feeling that might be a long line. lol

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2005, 08:35:19 PM »
....spitting is just vile and disgusting- especially to spit in someone's face....

I think you missed the point.  :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2005, 08:45:07 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
My uncle served in the 'Nam, I was too young. I asked him this morning if he heard about the spitter becoming the spittee. He said they guy was probably over the line but added that he was glad he wasn't there because he'd have spit that tobacco juice on a nade for lube before ramming it up her...nevermind.

Forgiveness is a gift granted by the offended only when the offender is deemed to be honest in their expressions recanting past actions, not when the "remorse" is thinly veiled and only issue during a book tour.

Rot in hell Hanoi Jane, and take Ted with you!

Man... I love you! :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline cars

• Zinc Member
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2005, 05:08:52 AM »
I'm an angry, vindictive, anti social dirtbag and proud of it. I thought you were OK with the court of public opinion airhead. She's not in jail is she? she should be thankful. I hope more vets show up at her book signings to show her some "public opinion".
Thank you Mr. Smith

cars

edit: I wish I could help him pay his fine.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 05:10:54 AM by cars »

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2005, 05:22:19 AM »
My problem with mr. Smith is that he ran off after he spit.

How much more would it have meant if he looked her in the eye as she wiped off and said, "I hope you will accept my humble and sincere apology."
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2005, 06:54:09 AM »
Originally posted by ASTAC
Why does everbody assume snopes is the final authority on everything?

Because they do a lot of research, certainly more than the people/email blathering on about whatever  bit of misinformation they are passing along. They are rarely if ever, wrong.  ;)

Woof