Author Topic: EU just won't take "No" for an answer  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
EU just won't take "No" for an answer
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2005, 06:03:27 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz3
Well, Ireland does have a higher HDI rank than Luxembourg, but that's to be expected since Luxembourg isn't much a real country, but more of a tax paradise French province like Morocco.

Boy the boys from Casablanca, France are sure confused.  

Looks like Norway needs to spend even more on education. ;)
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2005, 06:09:33 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz3
Mora, do you have numbers to back that up?

Here's a reference to tax rate in Ireland:
http://www.irishjobs.ie/advice/the_tax_system.html

I'm sure you'll find information about the US tax rate somewhere. Same with the CPI number of Ireland.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 06:11:51 PM by mora »

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2005, 05:21:07 AM »
Ireland is rich !

Don't make me laugh :lol

If you take away the cash gifts from the EU then Ireland is still a poor backward country, no wonder you voted for the EU constitution, if you rob peter to pay paul then paul will never vote you out will he ?

wipass

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2005, 08:21:51 AM »
Originally posted by wipass
Ireland is rich !

Don't make me laugh :lol

If you take away the cash gifts from the EU then Ireland is still a poor backward country, no wonder you voted for the EU constitution, if you rob peter to pay paul then paul will never vote you out will he ?

wipass

10 years ago maybe and even when it went Euro ireland was getting significant EU funding for "projects".

But all that is now earning Ireland serious revenue exporting agriculture, software and food stuffs (processed food).

Plus Irish companies now have significant investments abroad (read UK)again particularly in processed foods. And what is the most successful airline to currently operate out of the UK? Ryanair.

Whilst salaries are roughly equitable the average standard of living in Ireland is now higher then the UK due to lower costs.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 08:31:18 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere