Author Topic: P47N Perk Debate  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2005, 07:50:20 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
lol what does it really mater?

You guys screaming bloody murder about perking this plane are forgetting that we dont even have the plane yet. You don't know how its going to effect the MA.

You can make predictions all you want (and that's all they'll ever be), but based on what? And in the end that's all they'll be... Just a guess, nothing more.

Until we actually have this plane we wont be able to determine if its in need of being perked.

Lastly, you guys should really worry more about playing the game and enjoying it for what it is rather than trying to change the face of Aces High or make decisions that are really only up to HT and Pyro.
Just my opinion of course.

Its my opinion that you have a lame bellybutton opinion. lol
WTF is the board for if not to discuss up  coming planes? Why are you even here if you dont think that the game itself should be discussed?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2005, 09:16:31 PM »
Quite a few planes do 400 at 5k.  Actually, I think every one of the fastest 5 planes on the deck will do 400 at 5k.  

I honestly don't think any prop planes need to be perked.  With the La-7, the "performance bar" has been set to the level of the Tempest.  Ok, maybe the Tempest would need to stay perked, since it performs almost as well as an La-7, but is a tad faster and has Hizookas.  That'd be a pain in the bellybutton if the arena was full of timid Tempests.  

The Spit 14 really shouldn't be perked in my opinion.  It is roughly on par with the 109G-10, except with better guns and slightly worse performance (kinda like Tempest vs La-7).  The Spit 14 is no Spit 5... it doesn't turn anywhere near that well.  If the Spit 14 was unperked, I bet you'd see bazillions of them for a month or so, until people started fighting in it and got raped by those who stayed with the Spit 5 and Niki.  Then it would drop down to around G-10 levels.

The Ta-152 would still see almost no use if it was unperked, it is inferior to the 109G-10 from the deck all the way up to 30k or so, and it is slower than the D-9 (although marginally more manueverable once you empty the wing tanks) up to ~25k.

The F4U-4 would see some use if it was unperked, it is a pretty nice little ride.  I don't think it performs quite as well as the G-10 (or La-7), but it is markedly better than the F4U-1D.  I imagine the Chog would see more use than the F4U-4 if both were unperked.

I'm not really certain about the P-47N, but I suspect it will fall in the Ta-152 category (i.e. nobody is going to fly it even if it isn't perked).

Damn, I actually just looked it up and I was completely wrong.  The only unperked plane we have that does 400 at 5k is the La-7 (at ~410).  The G-10 comes pretty close, not sure if it actually gets it or not.  The D-9 makes about 390 or so.  So yea... 400 at 5k would be pretty nice, although probably not enough to save it from the pack, depending on how the acceleration is.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 09:18:43 PM by Urchin »

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2005, 10:29:34 PM »
Say we do unperk all of these rides.  What then, would be the point of earning perks?  Please don't give me the "I have 5 million perks, it doesnt matter to me, perks don't matter to me...I just want to fly these planes without fear of loss".

Seriously, what are we gonna spend our perks on then?  I hope P47N is perked at about 25-40 simply so I am encouraged to fly well in the lesser models in order to keep the perk bank in the positive.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2005, 01:03:14 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
But if the Jug N can hang on to 400 at 5k it would rock the joint.

It won't. If I remember correctly it will make a few mph short of 400 at 10k (396mph ?). on the deck it will be in the 350-360 mph range which will make it same or slightly faster than F4U.

That said, I agree with Sancho. A light perk is in order if only to keep the D models flying. I wish that was true for all the other model lines:
fly 190s  - pay perks for D9/152
fly 109s  - pay perks for G10
fly La5 - pay perks for La7
fly P51B - pay perks for P51D
fly P38 - pay perks for L
It is already installed for the following plane lines:
Spit, F4U, Typhoon.

The perking pay be symbolic - as low as 2 to 5 perks so anyone can afford it and will be willing to risk them. With such a low cost you can almost make enough perks flying perked planes to keep up with their own cost. It will however encourage an occasional use of the "lesser" models.

So yes, perk the N and perk it light (under 20 imo).

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2005, 01:29:49 AM »
If XIV would be free it would be all I'd fly. It's really uber when used as an energy fighter.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2005, 01:30:46 AM »
Goooood....  I see more and more AH folk are seeing the true power of the dark side....

Follow my teachings.. my apprentices... I have set things in motion that cannot be undone..

Sooooon.... all high-end performance planes will be lightly perked... and once more the midwar planes will ruuuuule the Ah skies.....

muahahahahahaha!

:D

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2005, 05:44:13 AM »
I think anythin with hizookas oughta be perked--try doin snapshots with tiffie, THEN try it with D9 or A8---inCREDIbly easier with the higher muzzle velocity of hizookas...so..perk the spits:D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2005, 09:56:09 AM »
perked or not i don't care, but should be disabled for YUCCA:)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2005, 01:50:20 PM »
WTF is the board for if not to discuss up  coming planes? Why are you even here if you dont think that the game itself should be discussed?

Wierdness.....I actually agree with The Pongomeister on something. Wonders never cease. :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2005, 02:04:24 PM »
I've always been a RPS fan myself. One of the only things I really liked in WB.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2005, 08:36:17 PM »
heh, seems perk life would be much easier if they just perked every late war plane and called it a day:)  

p.s real men fly jugs:p
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2005, 02:28:26 AM »
Yeah I loved the D30 back on my active days. Got a 10:1 k/d on it back when rooks were in the bucket. Nowadays it seems that even rooks get to vulch sometimes instead of being the vulched.

Back in 2002 in my timezone it wasn't uncommon to have a 120-100-50 split with rooks at 50. In fact, it was the standard and much the reason I quit playing.

Got bored to fighting for the last 2 fields every day. Now things are way more fun and I'm enjoying the game again.

IMO perking all late war monsters isn't a good solution either because it would force all newbies to fly lesser planes and experience would be double rewarded with performance planes.

A skill based personal rps would be interesting concept - the higher your rank goes the lesser planes you can fly. In essence it would be the display of true skill to fly early war planes and the best of the best would be limited to them (unless paid for perks which they'd have plenty anyway).

This way noobs would goof off in late war planes and oldtimers would waste them in thier uber 202's for heavy points adding insult to injury. The jets would need to be heavily perked always, though.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 02:30:34 AM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2005, 08:22:35 AM »

Hmmmm, ok well maybe you're right then.

It seems a little early to start debating how a plane we dont even have is effecting the MA though. And how we must perk this plane we don't even have because it will so drasticly change the face of the MA as we know it.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2005, 08:54:13 AM »
You got it all backwards Morph.

If you read the posts again carefully, you'll notice that most people are worried that the P-47N might be perked as heavy as the Spit14 or the F4U-4.. the majority of us are commited to this discussion for hopes of seeing in unperked.. rather than asking it for a perk.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
P47N Perk Debate
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2005, 08:59:15 AM »
No I dont have it backwards.

You're assuming that I am speaking to everyone.

The ones yelling perk the new 47 are the only ones who need to take note.

But thanks anyways.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.