Author Topic: Release the Hounds  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2005, 06:54:10 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin

Where are our processing plants?  Or at least plans for them?

none.  The Green peace wackos will protest anything we do to promote any kind of industry.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2005, 06:56:37 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
We have a 250 year domestic supply of oil in the form of shale.

Liquefaction of coal can be started for production of coal derived synthetic crude oil. The US has roughly a 1000 year supply.

Where are our processing plants?  Or at least plans for them?

See, that's the problem.  We are able to survive without the Middle Easts oil.  I would like to know why we are paying over $3 a gallon for fuel.  Why are we giving the Middle East so much power over us?  The same money that you and I are paying at the pump is being used to support terrorism.  Someone in the West is preventing us from moving into the future by keeping use dependent on Middle East oil.  These persons need to be found and shot.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2005, 07:03:18 PM »
Actualy Xargos I kind of agree with you after a fashion.

The only reason your govt or ours meddles in the ME is Oil. Without that frankly the Muslim world could do what it wanted and all our troops could come home.

Leave the Muslim world alone to govern itself however it will. If they then still attack us in our homelands then of course we must defend ourselves, however at the moment it is our troops who are building bases on their land not visa versa.

Lets get out then see what happens. The situation at the moment is untenable.

As for Africa "letting them rot" is not a good idea. Letting them rot is as good a way of breeding a new generation of people intent on having a piece of our pie as any. Help them develop might be better for security in the longer term.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 07:06:44 PM by Skydancer »

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2005, 07:03:54 PM »
India is the worlds largest democracy and not based on judeo-christian philosophy... :)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2005, 07:26:38 PM »
I don't beleave we should pull out even though I never believed we should go in either.  To many Troops have been killed to leave.  Their deaths would be meaningless if we left now and I'm a very strong supporter of the U.S. Military.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2005, 07:32:17 PM »
Originally posted by Skydancer
Actualy Xargos I kind of agree with you after a fashion.

The only reason your govt or ours meddles in the ME is Oil. Without that frankly the Muslim world could do what it wanted and all our troops could come home.

Leave the Muslim world alone to govern itself however it will. If they then still attack us in our homelands then of course we must defend ourselves, however at the moment it is our troops who are building bases on their land not visa versa.

Lets get out then see what happens. The situation at the moment is untenable.

As for Africa "letting them rot" is not a good idea. Letting them rot is as good a way of breeding a new generation of people intent on having a piece of our pie as any. Help them develop might be better for security in the longer term.

africa has had enough aid from western worlds that I could have been brought up to speed but for mismanagment of those funds, warlords et al.

Same kind goes for the middle east in some ways.  Look at baharain (SP)  VERY rich country, arab, pretty secular, highly open to western ideas.  How many major terrorists have come from there.....none that I can recall.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2005, 10:02:27 PM »
So now we are glibly talking about actualy using nuclear weapons! and Allowing Israel to strike out at a fundamentalist Moslem state!

That'll make the world a better place! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I mean soiling your shorts at the mere thought of
confronting folks that don't like you is much more palatable.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2005, 10:07:54 PM »
Its blind support for Israel over the interests of the arab world that has caused this mess anyhow!

All that crap about Moslems wanting the world to be one big Islamic state

Its all about power politics and people who feel unjustly treated. The religion thing is just a smokescreen.

Sort out the Israel Palastine situation. Take a more even handed approach in foreign affairs and maybe just maybe we wouldn't be needing to worry about all this.

Supporting Israel as a nuclear power and letting them do the wests dirty work is a total recipie for disaster! If Israel didn't have the bomb, the US and Britain weren't enforcing "regime change" by building up Military power in the ME would the Iranians feel that they realy needed a bomb?

Its dumb unsophisticated foreighn policy that is causing this just as it helped kick off the cold war. The world is a complex place requiring complex solutions not " yee ha lets bomb em " politics.

If only the Israeli's had let those neighbors exterminate them
instead of resisting and taking territory, all would be well in the
ME.

As far as the West's agenda in the ME, it appears to be the
desire to buy oil..the fiends!  Sophisticated foreign policy appears
an awful lot like appeasement.  I don't suppose your last name
would be Chamberlain by any chance?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline FalconSix

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2005, 02:12:54 AM »
Stay tuned for more personal insults...

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2005, 05:44:30 AM »
I'm used to it by now!;)

This does seem to be the NRA Bush is great Bomb the nasty Arabs board, And as I don't share these views I guess I'm open to them :lol :lol

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2005, 07:31:06 AM »
But Sky.. you're so much easier to abuse than say, a sleeping cat or a fat chick.

What ever would we do without you? (my cat and girlfiend would leave, fer starters)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2005, 07:54:19 AM »
skyprancer... when you think like a woman... and lead with your face... you gotta expect some damage when you fight men.

lazs

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2005, 09:08:08 AM »
I find it kind of interesting that the reason that Columbus was interested in finding a new way to the east by sailing west was because Europe was sick and tired of dealing with the Arabs when trading for the spices, silks and other Asian goods.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2005, 10:33:11 AM »
Lazs your back on the using the phrase woman as an insult thing again! :rolleyes:

Nope I'm a lefty swimming around in a sea of rightwingers in here! But by all means feel free to disagree with these views, Just remember I'm right and you are wrong;) ;)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Release the Hounds
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2005, 11:10:30 AM »
Just remember I'm right and you are wrong;) ;)

I thought you were left.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!