Author Topic: Becoming a Trainer  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2005, 11:38:24 PM »
on this bbs?  you gotta be kidding!!  any intelligence found here is entirely accidental.

:rofl
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2005, 11:44:10 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
i waited long enough to chime in here...

you can train people without having to be a formal part of the "Trainer Corps"

Bingo

I have literly spent probably a thousand hours traning people in the DA.  There is no need for an offical title.  If you really want to help people than just do so.  The rest will take care of itself.

Mak

Offline AWkrull

• Copper Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2005, 01:57:07 AM »
whoa wait just a minute here............you mean to tell me we have a training arena here? GREAT! I ve wasted all this time becoming useless for nothing? I could have been taught to be useless in less than a year?:p :D

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2005, 07:54:54 AM »
Let no one understate the value of unofficial trainers. With just official 10 trainers, it can get a bit thin at times. I spend at least three evenings a week in the TA and try to get some time during the weekend. That does not include DA time.

TA coverage: I may log 12 hours a week training. Now, if every Trainer logs 12 hours, that adds up a total of 120 hours. Frequently, there are two trainers online at a time, so lets throw out 30 hours leaving 90 hours of TA coverage. However, some trainers don't get close to 12 hours a week. So, lets revise that number down by another 20 hours. So, let's say there is 70 hours of Trainer coverage per week. That leaves 98 hours when there are no Trainers in the TA.

Here's another factor. When working with brand-new players who need to be walked through set-up and basic flying, the Trainer can only work effectively with one person at a time. It seems that there is always one person in the TA who needs that level of assistance.

Contributions by players are not just helpful, they are necessary and greatly appreciated by everyone.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
bingo!
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2005, 12:10:39 PM »
>>"If you really want to help people than just do so. The rest will take care of itself.

Mak"<<

here here. And hats off to all that do... I have been assisted but countless of "non-Trainers" trainers.

Good Stuff.

Thanks again to yous guys! Dont let my 2978 rank fool ya, I am gettin better!

:lol

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: bingo!
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2005, 03:17:59 PM »
Originally posted by daMIG
[B
Thanks again to yous guys! Dont let my 2978 rank fool ya, I am gettin better!

:lol [/B]

Yep. Rank means everyt.. ahhh... nothing anyway. ;)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Panzullo

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2005, 02:43:02 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
WTG Keep up the good work.

Wow! Steak and High Heels! Im in.

Silat I need some coaching. I was protecting field A25 I was flying a hurricane and was swarmed by 12 enemies. C47 approaching our leveled town. La-7 took my aileron My fuel was hit and oil splash on windshield.

I can get the C-47 but out of nowhere a spit comes HO with me. I remember the Top Trainer "Ted Stryker" from aces high in TA area say never HO under any situation. So I backed off and I tried to avoid which I did.  The C-47 had just enough time to reverse and as I take a second approach another con comes in for the HO I avoid the HO again due to the supreme allied Trainer Ted Stryker's voice in My Head "My son You shall never HO under any condition." By this time the trrops were dropped and we lost the field and also the war. In the transition of Host disconected my computer crashed and My holdings in Enron well you know the rest.......

So Silat, should I have just ho'd the spit and than killed the Goon c-47? I feel my training was flawed.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2005, 03:12:31 PM »
Originally posted by Panzullo
I feel my training was flawed.

Well i guess so is mine then...

I keep dying many a honorable deaths every day cause i refuse to HO, Cherry and Vulch with the best of them.

Ill have to stick to high heels and skirts then :eek: .  :D . Or is that the reason why all the rooks and bish out there stick to my posterior like glue???

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2005, 05:08:03 PM »
Originally posted by Panzullo
Wow! Steak and High Heels! Im in.

Silat I need some coaching. I was protecting field A25 I was flying a hurricane and was swarmed by 12 enemies. C47 approaching our leveled town. La-7 took my aileron My fuel was hit and oil splash on windshield.

I can get the C-47 but out of nowhere a spit comes HO with me. I remember the Top Trainer "Ted Stryker" from aces high in TA area say never HO under any situation. So I backed off and I tried to avoid which I did.  The C-47 had just enough time to reverse and as I take a second approach another con comes in for the HO I avoid the HO again due to the supreme allied Trainer Ted Stryker's voice in My Head "My son You shall never HO under any condition." By this time the trrops were dropped and we lost the field and also the war. In the transition of Host disconected my computer crashed and My holdings in Enron well you know the rest.......

So Silat, should I have just ho'd the spit and than killed the Goon c-47? I feel my training was flawed.

First off c 47's are a deadly ENEMA. I have died many times to their superior firepower. You should have rammed the spit then as you are falling to earth whined profusely on channel 200 so the whole arena knew that you were the victim of an injustice of immense magnitude.

Secondly the only voice in your head should be mine reminding you to refresh my drink.

Thirdly stay out of the stock market and buy much duct tape to protect you from terrorist attack.

Fourth and most impoTENT buy my TEEN SQUELCH HACK which now works on anyone under 26 years of age. If you buy now you get a 10% off coupon to Muttonbone.com. All this for only $.36.

And most importantly, do not drink the koolaid before a mission.

And where is TED? Name change perhaps?
I dont feel normal unless Im being stalked and criticized:)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2005, 12:19:55 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi

Ill have to stick to high heels and skirts then :eek: .  :D . Or is that the reason why all the rooks and bish out there stick to my posterior like glue???

hmm, be hard to say if that is the reason or not, Schatzi, got a picture of ya persona or posterior even? :D :rofl

( just kidding seriously, but but you got my private email ;)  )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2005, 04:33:34 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
hmm, be hard to say if that is the reason or not, Schatzi, got a picture of ya persona or posterior even? :D :rofl

( just kidding seriously, but but you got my private email ;)  )

Check my sig ;)

But my advice if you ever see Schutt again would be.... RUN!!!!! :eek:

:D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Becoming a Trainer
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2005, 05:59:42 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Check my sig ;)

But my advice if you ever see Schutt again would be.... RUN!!!!! :eek:

:D

but what if he  oe me even is asking for help/cover?  we do ( or did fly on the same country last I recall  :)

is all in good humor  ,, of course u all ready knew this :)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC