Author Topic: Dogfights: The Greatest Air Battles  (Read 2765 times)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Dogfights: The Greatest Air Battles
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2005, 12:22:25 PM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
Heh... that's pretty lame dude. I'm the first one to jump on the "we can't vote" bandwagon. You can't actually tell me you are worried that someone will make fun of you based on a stereotype? Why would you care? Is your psyche that easily dented?  If all I wanted was to do was to  make fun of you then I'd make some jokes regarding the actual size of your "horn"... 2"Horn or something along those lines. Would you get all bent out of shape? I REALLY just want to know because I'm interested. I mean, if you are in the witness protection program or something then fine by me.....but If I'm talking to someone then I'm interested in their perspective and from whence it comes. I'm not looking for ammo to hurl at you.

:rofl Relax dude. I was just giving you an example how some get all stiffy about such things. You could be from Botswana for all I care. I just think that majority doesn't care to fill in the form their location because is not a requirement. It's also not so darn difficult to ask where the gal/guy is from. Or is it?

Now back to the topic. Show did suck, but, unless somebody comes out with better one, that's all we got. Whinning here won't make it better. Complain to the show producers if you have to, but spare us with all that crap. Ya don't like it, turn off the TV and fly AH.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
But what the Hell, I'm just a stupid American, what would I know?
:rofl

obviously not sarcasm.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2005, 01:05:54 PM »
Anyone have a release date for when this comes out on DVD?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2005, 01:32:28 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Anyone have a release date for when this comes out on DVD?

"As the World Turns" has been syndicated for many years now, get a TIVO and catch up!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2005, 02:19:32 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
"man jaxxo i had you down as slightly more incitefull and inteligent than this."

Ahh this is the part where im supposed to ba ashamed of my country and not say anything pro-american. These threads seem to indicate only a "few" Americans are obnoxious therefore validate all claims that we are flag toating warmongers..I never suggested anything having to do with "destroying" other countries and taking them over? Where did that come from? I think ive earned the right to be proud of our country and its feats. Mechanic that attitude is exactly what i didnt like about SOME Europeans..as soon as I even mentioned I was from the U.S. i got the rolling of the eyes and the same look from people..You know the one that sums up exactly who I am because Im from the U.S.. I was expected to lower my head in shame for some reason. My remarks were pointed at a few individuals..I dont understand the attack from you but I expect it came with you rolling your eyes while typing.

no way dude, we're friends, you know that. I dont want to argue i just strongly disareed with what i bolded on your post (Dont worry though we will be there..AGAIN... when you need us.)

i think on reflection you didnt really need to add that.

i didnt roll my eyes at you and i thought that smilie was like a crazy guy, all drunk or something.

:rolleyes:

see

i would look down on anyone who wasnt patriotic to something. If i dont judge people like you think i do, honestly. alot of my family and friends live in the states.  in canada, new england, cousin in new york, and a couple in richmond, virginia

i wasnt attacking you, i just thought your comment wasnt very well thought out unless you wanted an objection posted.

i dont want anyone to feel shame for anything that they dont deserve, to my knoledge no people can be held accountable for anything untill they have been met face to face and prooven guilty of a crime, so why would i judge you.

i just thought your statement was evocative of my reply, unless i am to feel shame for my nationality?

its bad enough having to take all the teeth jokes and and other slurs not to have our pride hit also.

alot of you yanky doodle dandys  dont take too kindly to america jokes do you now.  :D

edit: and honestly, if anyone from europe gave each other the 'look' when they met an American, then they we're part of the same moronic population that makes up an equal part of any first world nation.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 02:28:12 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

storch

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2005, 03:31:52 PM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
Holy Feces Batman.....what brought that on? I'm a 4th Generation Floridian and even I don't get that worked up about stuff. Florida actually IS kinda funny... and like you said... most people here are from somewhere else anyway.

I seldom let a poke at the dems go by, sorry!!:D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2005, 03:40:37 PM »
LOL...this thread rocks.

:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2005, 03:41:07 PM »
fair enough. I think we can agree that when the shi* hits the fan we will always be allies.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2005, 08:35:56 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I seldom let a poke at the dems go by, sorry!!:D

The one reason I will/would buy you a beer.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2005, 08:42:02 PM »
i would buy storch a beer because he seems like a mean rebel sob who torments people and small kittens. but i would probably have to chase him for hours, maybe days to even get him to go out with me
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2005, 08:56:53 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
i would buy storch a beer because he seems like a mean rebel sob who torments people and small kittens. but i would probably have to chase him for hours, maybe days to even get him to go out with me
:rofl Good one bat :aok

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2005, 10:58:11 PM »
um.... I'm no mathematician but isn't 3/4 and or 4/5 75%? :D

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2005, 07:56:32 AM »
Actually, last I looked 4/5 was 80%.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2005, 08:11:36 AM »
^but only for mathematician ... for manager or user well ... it's another story :D

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2005, 10:22:51 AM »
FYI "Ami" is a German nick for an american.
As for great dogfights there were many long lasting ones in the BoB.
I'd like to see hmmm, Malan versus Mölders? Or Galland versus R.S.Tuck.
Or T.E.Jonsson versus 2 109's in his first combat mission :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)